Stipe Miocic standing by until contract issues are finally sorted

Gokhan Saki doesn't get K1 legend money.

Overeem & Mark Hunt are on a golden goose deal because they fought Lesnar and have some Strikeforce/Pride days crossover deal.

Hunt was on his current contract before he fought Lesnar.

Goddammit.

If WME can't take care of their friggin HW champ, they really have no idea what they are doing.

We finally have an active HW champ wh is tearing through his competition in an incredibly surprising way..and somehow, WME is still gonna fuck it up.

600k + PPV points and no one barely knows who he is.

Seems pretty good to me.

That is one of the negotiation tactics the UFC likes to use to underpay fighters. However, a lot of fighters complain about pay to get out of fights they didn't want in the first place so it kind of goes both ways IMO

I really don't think it does go both ways.

Who do you think ducked a fight by asking for more money?

UFC aren't going to put on a card in New Zealand, Australia, Japan etc with someone that can draw anywhere as a superstar

they can put on a crappy card there with the likes of Hunt and still do pretty well, he's worth every bit of the 750K or w/e he gets paid to the company in that sense

UFC aren't randomly throwing big money at guys like Hunt and Overeem, as was mentioned before, they would have had to have given them money like that to counter offers from other orgs

anthony-joshua.jpg

The only heavyweight that matters
Tyron doesn't fight at hw you racist.

actually this is fake news, he made more than JDS in his last fight. so the only problem is reem, but reem got a HUGE contract after fighting it out and knocking out JDS for his last fight in his last contract

it would be illogical to attend to miocic's demands
Not fake news.
Stipe says he had 2 fights in a row with contenders making more than him.
So he's only talking about *at that time he fought JDS*.
Not what JDS is making now.

However due to the way the sentence was constructed in the article it's understandable that one could misinterpret it.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree with you that Stipe can't compare himself to Ovreem.

Champs can expect to earn more than most of the top 10, but they can't expect to be the #1 earner in the division.

There will always be special deals for legends.
Sometimes the UFC will also be in a position where they need to land a valuable contract, but they can't then be expected to raise everyone elses salaries to the same level.

Also, I bet Ovreem being in the UFC has been benefitial for other fighters as well.

Champs should look at the average salary instead, and how much fighters were making a few years ago to asses if they are being paid fair amounts.

Last edited:
Gokhan Saki doesn't get K1 legend money.

Overeem & Mark Hunt are on a golden goose deal because they fought Lesnar and have some Strikeforce/Pride days crossover deal.

They don't draw shit. Mark Hunt has less twitter followers than Mitrione or Stripe, who are low as well. Stipe & Overeem draw the same views in Japan and Europe. Stipe probably does better because he's Croatian and peaking now.

Conor or Lesnar could go to Netherlands or New Zealand or Croatia and draw 10 times that.

There aren't tulip posters of Bas Rutten all over the Netherlands. Most of the Dutch don't know about UFC. They probably care more about South Africa's rugby/cricket team.
I can assure you that we care more about UFC than about anything South Africa.

Just to be clear, I'm not claiming UFC is big around here by any means.

Last time there was any actual hype around a fight was for Hari vs Verhoeven in Glory.

Last time there was any actual hype around a fight was for Hari vs Verhoeven in Glory.
Do you remember what the last hyped fight was before that?

I can't even recall.
(I'm Swedish and there used to be a tiny bit of K1 hype here, but before Hari-Verhoven I can't even remember the last time I head anyone even mention kickboxing)

Good. The defending heavyweight champ deserves the most amount of money

He doesn't deserve as money over a guy who hasn't had the belt in forever, and a guy who never was champ? Two guys he ko'ed?<JerryWWF>

he doesn't draw, no one cares about him. he makes 600k, it's enough money for him

if he keeps knocking people out, sure, but right now, I can't see how he deserves more

Reem and Hunt get more $$$ because they are carrying countries on their backs. Cleveland sucks.

This will be spinned into Stipe being afraid and ducking Cain by Dana.

Listen...everyone knows we shouldnt even be holding events in mexico city, thats the only reason cain lost his belt. Everyone knows the only reason stipe has the belt is werdum and overeem are old as fuck. As soon as the real champ comes back, stipe wants to stall and think about his contract? This fucken guy has a heart the size of a pea. We were thinking about scrapping this whole division, and now he wants to talk about contracts? Fucken goof

He doesn't deserve as money over a guy who hasn't had the belt in forever, and a guy who never was champ? Two guys he ko'ed?<JerryWWF>

you don't get paid based on your record, you get paid based on your drawing power. L2 MMA

I dont follow boxing but isnt Tyson Fury an undefeated HW champion? Whos that imposter in the OP?

he doesn't draw, no one cares about him. he makes 600k, it's enough money for him

if he keeps knocking people out, sure, but right now, I can't see how he deserves more

Wait, so how many knockouts in a row does it take for him to merit better pay?

Because he has 5 consecutive wins by (T)KO and the last four were in the first round. He deserves to be paid like the best heavyweight in the world.

That being said, I was under the impression he was well taken care of for the JDS fight and was very satisfied with what he made there

Why do the organizations tell how much they paid each fighter?

They are all private business.

Should keep it all a secret and avoid so many of this problems...

Back