Stipe Miocic standing by until contract issues are finally sorted

actually this is fake news, he made more than JDS in his last fight. so the only problem is reem, but reem got a HUGE contract after fighting it out and knocking out JDS for his last fight in his last contract

it would be illogical to attend to miocic's demands

".... has earned less than his challenger in his last two title defenses against JDS and Overeem....."
I looked it up and while he earned less than Overeem ($800k vs $600 to show, both no win bonus), he earned more than JDS ($600k vs $400k no win bonus for both). And he said in May that he was good with the UFC regarding the pay issue. I wonder if he talking about undisclosed pay that JDS got.

Him being paid less them overeem is ridiculous. There should be a clause stating that the champ has to at minimum earn the same amount as his challenger. There has to be more prestige in the title.

feed miocic to ngannou so he can learn a lesson to not demand for unreasonable things
Black beast was just on a 6-0 run

heavyweight is brutal
haha, TOP, elite guys like pre-injuries cain (or the one that fought on 200), reem, miocic and what not

Good for Stipe, take a stand. If he leaves, they'll make Overeem vs Ngannou for interim belt and no one will care.

just send the whole division to bellator

Overeems manager > Stipes manager

Holding UFC hostage very rarely works

He should let her moustache grow and have a 70s look. He will be swaggy and bring lot of fans

Instead of that he represents Cleavland, wtf.

Can't blame him for trying to make money but he needs to realize that he's the champ in a very weak division that has NO "stars". 90% of the top 15 UFC HW's are in the twilight of their career. Stipe's PPV buys are probably all out of Cleveland. He's simply not a draw.

I know it proved to just be a rumor, but the best thing the UFC could do is set up a Stipe/Lesnar fight for their NYE card. This would allow a lot of people to see Stipe, and if he won hopefully those fans would follow him moving forward. He'd also make plenty for that fight so there's the resolution with the contract.

He should take a look at how long it took other division champs to make 600k minimum, and then consider how crappy his deal his. He's comparing his deal with that of longtime MMA and K1 veteran Overeem, who wont the K1 tourney alongside a shitload of other MMA belts and is a legit superstar.

He's being delusional as many mma meathead fighters seem to be. I dont mind that he wants more money, but using Overeem as an argument is retarded. Overeem paid his dues, is a far bigger draw, is still elite, and probably they had to compete with significant counter-offers from others orgs.

he doesn't deserve as much money as reem and JDS, as simple as that

but he doesn't have enough IQ to understand that
Except he whooped both of their asses. Back to back, within the first round. If he beats Old Man Velasquez he breaks the record for consecutive title defences and becomes the best HW in divisions history. That's deserving of a pay raise.

JDS, Overeem & Werdum draw attract as many buys as Bisping & Cormier. 300,000 buys.

Only Lesnar draws significantly more.

The big thing Stipe has got is he's the all American HW champ.

I wonder what deal he could get at Bellator.

Fight Mitrione. Mitrione's un-masculine voice gets fired from commentary and replaced with stone cold getting the commentator double deal.

Who really is the baddest HW Mixed Martial artist on the planet?

maxresdefault.jpg

I'm one of the baddest motherfuckers of all time. I'm one of the best strikers and one of the best lookin' motherfuckers you've ever seen. Hold my slurpee, bitch.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/fresh-off-the-fedor-fight-mitrione-calls-out-stipe-miocic.3557403/

Last edited:
I don't have much of an issue with a guy trying to get paid but I doubt Stipe will win here. Not a draw. Overeem gets paid because he can draw outside of the US and would be a coup for someone like Bellator or Rizin. Stipe's only really burst onto the scene in the last couple years as a top HW. He gets paid well, most of the other guys top guys are legends at this point who have more marketability. And Stipe gets paid more than basically all of them Except Reem. Hunt gets paid way more than guys like Werdum and Cain too because he is a draw in oceania. It's not rocket sciene, as good as Stipe is as a fighter his worth to the company isn't as high as some HW's.

Gokhan Saki doesn't get K1 legend money.

Overeem & Mark Hunt are on a golden goose deal because they fought Lesnar and have some Strikeforce/Pride days crossover deal.

They don't draw shit. Mark Hunt has less twitter followers than Mitrione or Stripe, who are low as well. Stipe & Overeem draw the same views in Japan and Europe. Stipe probably does better because he's Croatian and peaking now.

Conor or Lesnar could go to Netherlands or New Zealand or Croatia and draw 10 times that.

There aren't tulip posters of Bas Rutten all over the Netherlands. Most of the Dutch don't know about UFC. They probably care more about South Africa's rugby/cricket team.

Doesnt he already have a job, why is he trying to get more from the UFC.

he should ask for a million a fight. what are they gonna do cut him ?

Back