Stipe looked massive at the weigh inns

At the weigh ins Stipe didn't look nearly as small. Francis maybe had some lifts or possibly the camera angle at the press conference.

You are looking at a low angle shot

Specifically used to make Stipe look smaller

UFC is pretty scummy

At the weigh ins Stipe didn't look nearly as small. Francis maybe had some lifts or possibly the camera angle at the press conference.

Stipe weighed in at 243, come fight time Ngannou will probably be 270+.

That extra 20lbs or so is going to get exponentially heavier in the later rounds and Francis hasn't even heard the final bell in a 3 round fight, let alone a 5 round title fight.

I like Miocic's chances in this fight. If he can keep circling left (away from Ngannou's left hand and into his own power) and moving around the octagon in the early rounds, it should go a long way in sapping Ngannou's power and energy.

Ngannou by easy win. Stipe has only fought over-the-hill fighters.

White people always look smaller compared to black people at same stats. Bodybuilders don't use that gay tanning spray for nothing.

Best shape i've ever seen him in.

Inb4 crying for pics

No, compare what he actually looks like in his previous weigh ins. Pics are below. Stipe looks exactly the same in his last three fights. He actually weighed in at exactly 246lbs in his last 3 weigh ins. Its the same dude.(This isn't a bad thing, its probably good he's able to keep a consistent body composition)

stipe1.jpg

No, compare what he actually looks like in his previous weigh ins. Pics are below. Stipe looks exactly the same in his last three fights. He actually weighed in at exactly 246lbs in his last 3 weigh ins. Its the same dude.(This isn't a bad thing, its probably good he's able to keep a consistent body composition)

View attachment 327445

Good post. Most informative in this thread. Thanks.

Stipe looked the best he has ever had. Awesome shape. Just so Pumped for tomorrow. Don't Blink...

I just have a strong feeling that Stipe will shock the world
and will still be overlooked for another day

He could probably cut to 205 if he wanted to, he's a a small heavyweight.

Pause this video at :31 and you will see that Stipe looks significantly smaller than Ngannou.

Yeah, but when they stood face to face together today with no shoes, they were basically the same height.

Yeah, but when they stood face to face together today with no shoes, they were basically the same height.

Yea but Francis is about 30 pounds heavier. Its the difference in pounds between lightweight and middleweight. Obviously in HW fights the weight difference is less pronounced because a 240 pound man has the power to KO or wrestle a 270 pound man if he is more skilled. Still though, Stipe better pray Ngannou doesn't hit him flush.

Stipe looked thin and small...might have just been because he was standing up to the Predator though

Yea but Francis is about 30 pounds heavier. Its the difference in pounds between lightweight and middleweight. Obviously in HW fights the weight difference is less pronounced because a 240 pound man has the power to KO or wrestle a 270 pound man if he is more skilled. Still though, Stipe better pray Ngannou doesn't hit him flush.
There are diminishing returns after a certain weight as you said. But it's specially so when we're talking about the standup. If Ngannou was a wrestler these 20-30 pounds would make a bigger difference. It makes little difference if you're hit flush by a 240 or a 270 pound man, you're going down if you're not a prime mark hunt.

There are diminishing returns after a certain weight as you said. But it's specially so when we're talking about the standup. If Ngannou was a wrestler these 20-30 pounds would make a bigger difference. It makes little difference if you're hit flush by a 240 or a 270 pound man, you're going down if you're not a prime mark hunt.

Yea but Overeem hit Stipe and knocked him down and he recovered. I don't think he will recover from an Ngannou uppercut or hook. We'll see, HW is always interesting because its a 50/50 division. Flip a coin and you would be as likely to hit correctly on this fight.

What I noticed is that Frances looked physically in worse shape than the Overeem fight. Little more fat, less muscle tone..
I thought the same thing. Couple more lbs and he is going to pop out a gut

Back