Steve Martin's 40 yr old SNL 'King Tut' Sketch Is Racist, Liberal Arts Students Say

Again, I plead temporary insanity due to intoxication. I withdraw my earlier comment. Make of it what you will. I will be offline for about awhile anyway.

That's fair, we all drunk post from time to time, if I've judged you prematurely that's my bad.

not only liberals want to ruin everything new today they also go 40 yrs in the past to find thing to get offended...

SJW snowflake gonna snowflake

Just drunk posting and got my threads crossed. Drop it if you like or respond to the post in the other thread wherever you are tagged, either is fine with me. I have no intent to derail this thread over this.
Again, I plead temporary insanity due to intoxication. I withdraw my earlier comment. Make of it what you will. I will be offline for about awhile anyway.
@Black Helicopters

This is why alcohol is absolutely haram.

Apparently they weren't just protesting "King Tut" and they got their way.

Reed College announced last week that it will overhaul its core humanities course after students claimed the curriculum’s focus on the classics “perpetuates white supremacy.” Mark down another school that has succumbed to demands to let politics trump education.

For more than 70 years the 1,500-student private liberal arts school in Portland, Oregon, has required every freshman to take a yearlong course covering the Judeo-Christian and Greco-Roman canon (Humanities 110). Through these texts, students explore “issues of continuing relevance pertaining to ideals of truth, beauty, virtue, justice, happiness and freedom, as well as challenges posed by social inequality, war, power and prejudice,” according to the course description. These themes transcend race, gender and culture.

But activists calling themselves Reedies Against Racism denounced the course as “oppressive” and “Caucasoid,” claiming too many of the writers were white men. You know, like that lame Aristotle dude. Last spring they demanded that their peers participate in sit-ins, and last fall the bullying grew worse.

When a parent complained online about the disruptions, a Reedies Against Racism participant “tagged the parent’s employer in a post,” the Atlantic newssite reported. English professor Lucía Martínez Valdivia said protesters were so intimidating that she suffered “physical anxiety—lack of sleep, nausea, loss of appetite, inability to focus—in the weeks leading up to my lecture.”

Protesters shouted down lecturers, forcibly grabbed microphones, and shut down class. The faculty finally voted to prohibit protestors from attending the class, and the college had to issue no-contact orders to stop them from harassing staff.

But even as the school punished unruly protestors, the faculty voted to advance the decennial review of the Humanities 110 course. Reed College now says it will scrap some of the traditional texts and focus half the course on Mexico City and Harlem. Reedies Against Racism still isn’t satisfied. In a statement on Facebook last week, the activists called for faculty to cut more “white” texts from the curriculum “as reparations for Humanities 110’s history of erasing the histories of people of color, especially black people.”

Reed’s curriculum has plenty of other courses that deal with “the histories of people of color,” so this is more about blocking the study of the core texts of Western civilization. That Reed would agree to this, and especially under political pressure, is an insult to the meaning of a liberal arts degree.
That honestly makes it seem worse. Its one thing to not want to waste time on an SNL kit, another to want to avoid the Western canon.

It's not funny. That's the problem.

That honestly makes it seem worse. Its one thing to not want to waste time on an SNL kit, another to want to avoid the Western canon.

Yeah, I don't think students dictating the curriculum is a good idea full stop, let alone according to identity politics.
I do have some commiseration with them due to having to take Humanities 101 as a compulsory subject for all courses though.

Great skit.

Ridiculous complaints.

This shit always happens at schools I've never heard of.

So yet again, we see that the only people actually upset about any of this are ridiculous college kids, and people who are rocked out of their fucking senses by ridiculous college kids.

Who gives two shits what liberal art students think

Always looking for something to be recreationally outraged about, and have enough time to dissect 40 year old snl skits

victimhood is currency and like economics, this boils down to supply and demand. the demand for bigotry and victimhood far exceeds the supply, so they have to invent it or look 40 years in the past for it.

Last edited:
So yet again, we see that the only people actually upset about any of this are ridiculous college kids, and people who are rocked out of their fucking senses by ridiculous college kids.

Who gives two shits what liberal art students think

Always looking for something to be recreationally outraged about, and have enough time to dissect 40 year old snl skits
These are future career politicians, don't ever underestimate college students.

These are future career politicians, don't ever underestimate college students.
Never underestimate college students? Are you high? LOL.

The problem is clearly overestimation anyhow. Schools unwilling to be firm and tell them to grow up, and a big chunk of the country yelling doom like a bunch of stupid fucking pussies.

Last edited:
not only liberals want to ruin everything new today they also go 40 yrs in the past to find thing to get offended...

SJW snowflake gonna snowflake
Right wingers look for anything to be outraged about. You are outraged at their outrage

the real concern would be people consider a liberal arts school as prestigious

Back