Stephen Thompson is 34?

Wonderboy will never be champ, even if Woodley loses. He isn't champ material.

When he had his big shot he choked. It isn't just a skill thing. He is a choke artist.

I would argue that isn't the case. He had a draw with Woodley, then he lost a (Majority) Decision to Woodley that was almost a draw and some think he beat Woodley. Nobody in that division can beat him but Tyron and we saw how Tyron dealt with Maia.

This thread made me think of Erick Silva and Melvin Guillard.

He lost to Matt Brown in 2012 via decision in his 2nd UFC fight. Since then, he has wins over Bobby Knuckles, Patrick Cote, Jake Ellenberger, Johny Hendricks, Rory Mac, and Jorge Masvidal.
Ok, thanks for the recap lol.

You used Matt Brown as a way to say Wonderboy sucks. So I'm just pointing out that you couldn't be more wrong.
I did no such thing, I quoted some dude who said Wonderboy was a gatekeeper, and I said that's one hell of a gatekeeper only Woodley and Spartan crazed Matt Brown can beat him. Then some other dude said Woodley has never actually definitely beat Wonderboy, to which I replied But shit kickin country boy Matt Brown whipped his ass. Because he did for sure, and is the only fighter that has really without a doubt beat him. I wasn't saying it like how you took it.

I did no such thing, I quoted some dude who said Wonderboy was a gatekeeper, and I said that's one hell of a gatekeeper only Woodley and Spartan crazed Matt Brown can beat him. Then some other dude said Woodley has never actually definitely beat Wonderboy, to which I replied But shit kickin country boy Matt Brown whipped his ass. Because he did for sure, and is the only fighter that has really without a doubt beat him. I wasn't saying it like how you took it.

Yea I think I misunderstood your intent. Sorry about that.

He's an annoying biblical redneck type.

His fights have been shit lately too.

The only two recent fights that were shit were the Woodley ones. And it's more on Woodley than anything.

The Masvidal one was a striking clinic by WB and exciting to watch.

and soon to become 35 in february. Here is the thing though, the guy picked up mma in 2010. Gsp, Lawler , Diaz and many other veterans have been around since circa 2001.

Mma’s Next generation are 30 year olds

Wonderboy better hope someone else take that belt from Woodley, otherwise he´ll be a gatekeeper forever.
Ppl seem to have a hard time understanding the "gatekeeper" term around here...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gatekeeper_(boxing)

"Gatekeeper (boxing) In boxing and mixed martial arts (MMA), a gatekeeper is a skillful and well-regarded fighter, but one who does not have the popularity or brilliance of a contender. They are considered to be a cut above most journeymen."

Thompson is 14-2 and has fought twice for the belt. He has "the popularity or brilliance of a contender."

It's funny because "wonderboy" is like a young person's nickname so now that he's 34 it's like hey let's start calling him "Wonder man" haha slaps knee repeatedly.
Then "WonderGramps" when he retires? :D

Back