Statistics on the Impact of Groin Shots on the Outcome of Fights?

Fighters should retract their testicles to the inguinal canal to prevent nut shots.
Samurai style.

id s
My girlfriend has a theory that getting kicked in the nuts could result in a surge of testosterone or adrenaline in fight or flight mode. I can't remember what fights but both times she brought it up the fighter who got the low below came back to win shortly after.
thats true but rare. I've seen it happen in a NHB fight where the Russian beat the living fuck out of Mario Sperry shortly after and ive learned to get really pissed from it myself so the pain isn't as bad.

I don't call him Cup Cheick Kongo for nothing

id s

thats true but rare. I've seen it happen in a NHB fight where the Russian beat the living fuck out of Mario Sperry shortly after and ive learned to get really pissed from it myself so the pain isn't as bad.
Appropriate name is appropriate

how is this a question? Fuck now I'm thinking about it lol has anyone ever come back from a nut shot? Hughes I think.
Edwin Figueroa won - but he shouldn't have.

Krause lost when Bobby Green smashed his nuts a few times, that balanced the universe out.

Honestly if i was a fighter I would nut shot and eye poke at least once every fight, because you know your not getting a point deduction

Kongo used to be one dirty fighter...he admittedly used knees to the groin lol, have not seen him do it recently though.

Donald Cerrone kicked Ed Ratcliff in the nuts at least 30 times and Ed never won another fight.

739432889.gif

It would be interesting to see the stats, but may be difficult to interpret if fighters who are losing the fight are more likely to "accidentally" hit the groin. It would be better if you stratified to control for whether the fighter was winning or losing before the groin strike, but that would make it more subjective and a lot more work.

I miss Kongo. That Cro Cop one makes me laugh.

195iuqnbgdwssgif.gif

giphy.gif

My girlfriend has a theory that getting kicked in the nuts could result in a surge of testosterone or adrenaline in fight or flight mode. I can't remember what fights but both times she brought it up the fighter who got the low below came back to win shortly after.

I remember Mike Easton going crazy after a nutshut

If you or someone can provide a link that would be awesome, precisely what I was looking for.

Sorry I can't find the episode I think it's hard to find the episodes from Fox era, but I believe the episode is from may 2013

I remember Dana saying no one had ever come back from an eye poke to win a fight. I checked and he was wrong, even though they usually don't. With nut shots i doubt there is much of a disparity though, I wonder if there are any stats out there...

Yea, GSP vs Shields is a great example.

Back