Starz's AMERICAN GODS (Returns March 10, 2019)

Comes out today guys, if I don't have stars channel. Can I just download the app and use someone else's info?

The first episode is out on the app already.

Wednesday and Sweeney are both spot on so far. Shadow is a little softer than I would like. The pacing seems really rushed for a first episode. They don't let the strangeness sneak up on you. It's just multiple examples right in your face.

The CGI also seems really off. Almost like it was a conscious decision. But instead of being fantastical, which I assume was what they were going for, it seems more cartoony or whimsical. Like the characters are going thru a Disney's version of a fairy tail rather than Grimm's. Except for the Bilquis scene. That was just a complete fuck up on size and perspective.

After one episode I'm a little down on the show, but I love Ian McShane and LOVE Emily Browning, so I'll stick it out and see how they adapted/updated the book. Plus Peter Stormare is up next episode.

Very solid first episode. They did take a long time to reveal that Shadow's wife was fooling around when she died. I do like Bryan Fuller's signature use of blood and symbolic imagery

From the fucking jump, this shit was on point.

The opening scene, the convo in prison about the airport bitches, Mr Wednesday on the plane.

Fucking dope.

Also, I would have banged the shit out of that hot mess Audrey.

Barely any discussion for the show here (or any other boards) which I would have wished it would have been on HBO and Showtime since no one normally orders Starz

Well that first episode certainly seems like a glossy piece of shit

First episode was pretty good.

But I'm not liking Bryan Fuller's touch on this so far. The visuals, slow mo and music reminds me a whole lot of Hannibal. Visually it's very impressive but there's just a bleakness, dream-like quality (even when it's not a dream) and depressing vibe going on that I can't appreciate and wished another showrunner had control of this.

That sex scene was insane. Good news for the men who cum early since they won't be swallowed by Bilquis' vagina.

Just wished they cast someone prettier and sexier for Bilquis. If Bilquis chose a more attractive form, maybe she still would have hordes of followers.

I enjoyed it alot Loved the trippy dream like sequences that permeated through out the story. I got a little annoyed at Mr. Wednesdays airplane dialogue as it was beginning to drag on into the tedious taratinoesque small talk phaggotry i cant stand but thats just a small gripe. Look forward to seeing more of this show.

Really intrigued about this show, But the concept seems ridiculous from what I've read. Is it light hearted or does it have a dark and serious tone? Honestly Ian Mcshane is a fucking boss and he is really the only thing drawing me in to watch it at the moment.

I read the book and hated it. But I'll watch the show.

I enjoyed it, and reviewers are saying that the premeire is the weakest episode out of the 4 they were given to view.

Lead actor has too much history as being the douche on Hollyoaks (shit UK TV drama) for me to take him seriously

Ricky+Whittle+Hollyoaks+Fragrances+Launch+_XYY--DbhO5l.jpg

Yan can really tell that the guy who did the Hannibal tv show is doing this show now. Same kind of trippy dream sequences.

Sweet Baby Jesus.

I disliked the special effects and the colors used. A faster pace would have been welcomed.

Mixed feelings so far.

Just like the book, I disliked the first episode. I read American Gods in college and I hated my professor for making us read that book for our final. We had a couple weeks to read it and write our paper. It was not a good time. It was such an odd book. I'll continue to watch the show just to remember some aspects of the book but I do hope it gets better after the first episode.

Second episode was even better. I like that they added Gillian Anderson into this as the show kind of has an x files on acid type of vibe to me at least. I like the opening with Anansi as well and heard they every episode will open with a brief story of a different god coming to America which is a great idea to expand on the lore of the book.

Over all i have high hopes for this series. As long as they dont drag it on i feel its going to be
incredible.

The second episode was great too.

I think it's time for Shadow to get over his unfaithful wife and pull a Mr. Wednesday.

Also, I wasn't sure what to expect from Orlando Jones as Anasi, but damn did he convince me. He was great.

That sex scene was insane. Good news for the men who cum early since they won't be swallowed by Bilquis' vagina.
Welp, that theory is out the window. We've learned from the second episode that all you need to do is be anywhere near her vagina to get swallowed up.

BUT

We've also learned that you apparently also spend an eternity in ecstasy. Forever living out your last orgasm. Could be worse?

Just wished they cast someone prettier and sexier for Bilquis. If Bilquis chose a more attractive form, maybe she still would have hordes of followers.
Agreed.

She should look like this...

wVXOhi9.jpg

Just like the book, I disliked the first episode. I read American Gods in college and I hated my professor for making us read that book for our final. We had a couple weeks to read it and write our paper. It was not a good time. It was such an odd book. I'll continue to watch the show just to remember some aspects of the book but I do hope it gets better after the first episode.
i dont get this. if u dislike the source material, and you disliked the first episode, why would you continue watching?

Back