Locked STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI v.2 (First Critics Reviews Are Here; George Lucas' Reaction)

What did you think of the latest trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe they made luke a huge can. Isn't prime luke one of the most badass force users of all time?

He should be the most badass. At his full power he surpassed every sith and jedi (only Anakin at his full power would be beyond him, actually far beyond, but never realized it). He had the most raw power. Here he looks like a can.

Last edited:
That dude from Girls needs to blow his nose or soemthing. Dude sounds like he is going to cry or has allergies ...... disgraceful for the Sith.

Always love me some Falcon

TLJ-the-Falcon-escapes-the-FO.gif

He should be the most badass. At his full power he surpassed every sith and jedi (only Anakin at his full power would be beyond him, actually far beyond, but never realized it). He had the most raw power. Here he looks like a can.

Was Luke really that strong in the force? He didn't really fight that many skilled opponents. Vader was playing with him the first time around, and by their next fight his athleticism and youth gave him the edge over an aging opponent with mechanical limbs. I'd say Obi-Wan in his prime was the GOAT.

I only bring it up to ask what makes him so powerful? Any of the Jedi from the prequel era would've handled him fairly quickly, same goes for Rey and Kylo. If he's a can now well, he wasn't far off in the first place. Blowing up the Death Star is his greatest achievement. Were you expecting the EU take on the character?

Last edited:
These sequels are just remakes of the original trilogy.

The original trilogy is actually pointless because the empire can't be beaten even after blowing up 2 Death Stars and killing Palp. By watching Force Awakens by itself, you'd think the good guys are the under dogs.

I thought more about the trailer and this is how I think Disney views Rey turning bad

After rewatching my expectations for this movie are incredibly low....this trailer just looks like a rehash of Empire Strikes Back and everything else we've already seen, in both themes, motifs ...fucking everything

- Its all red! cause its the dark chapter!!! - REMEMBER EMPIRE?
- an ice planet where xwings fight at-ats! - REMEMBER HOTH GUYS! AND HOW AWESOME EMPIRE WAS?!
- cutesy creatures akin to chewy! - Need to make money on toys and we dont want to reuse Ewoks just yet! - REMEMBER RETURN OF THE JEDI?
- Kylo Ren tempts Rey - wonder if we get a literal, "I'll never join you!" / "I am your brother" moment -Remember that crazy original sequel!?!?!?!
- the millenium falcon escapes a dark cave ... wonder if we get a literal "this is no cave" moment - REMEMBER. FUCKING. EMPIREEEEe?

this one actually legit psises me off cause even from the trailer I can tell that this is EXACTLY what they're trying to rehash
-Rey walks around Luke Island into a misty moor to what I assume will be her facing her destiny
-Rey and Luke train in the force and they actually have the balls to frame Luke around Rey like he's on her shoulders/back like fucking Yoda was for him

Rey and Kylo hooking up is a dumb tease...its ripping off the empire strikes back, where Kylo goads a damaged/hurt Rey into joining the darkside, she says no and escapes

Much better trailer than the first one, but I went with decent. Thought it showed a little too much, but whatever got me interested.

Really hope they turn it around with this movie, wasn't a big fan of TFA at all. Just hoping they don't do Luke dirty. I agree with a lot of you that he comes off like a can in the trailer. Dude deserves a better ending than Han got. Hopefully there's a little more depth in this movie and no more Deathstars.

People ranting on about Luke;

-The force balances itself out. Due to the deaths of the Jedi, then the Emperor/Vader dying, a monstrous void was left in the force
-Kylo and Rey would be the two to come along with the most power since Luke to help bring balance back to what was Vader/Emperor/Luke after the death of the Jedi
-If Snoke is an ancient evil sith, the balance is shifted even further, meaning that some huge force users are going to need to be born
-Only makes fucking sense for Luke/Skywalker descendents to become stronger
-Trailer looks to have a tone of misdirection
-Snoke is just using Kylo
-Fuck Penguin ewok things
-Kylo and Rey i dont think are hooking up. I got a feeling its Kylo putting his hand out to Luke
-Luke will go bad ass, but is suffering some kinda fucked up PTSD from Vader/Emperor battles, then trying to restart the Jedi only to have his star pupil go beserk and kill all of his followers

When Kylo smashes his mask into the wall, I wonder if that means he is no longer obsessed with Vader?

These sequels are just remakes of the original trilogy.

The original trilogy is actually pointless because the empire can't be beaten even after blowing up 2 Death Stars and killing Palp. By watching Force Awakens by itself, you'd think the good guys are the under dogs.

One of my biggest issue with TFA. Palp dead, Vader dead, Tarkin long dead, Death Star finished again, Capital Ship finished, and literally the whole universe celebrating at the end of ROTJ (at least in the shitty new versions by Lucas). They didn't flesh out the New Order whatsoever, explain where they came from, why they're menacing, how they acquired power.

When Kylo smashes his mask into the wall, I wonder if that means he is no longer obsessed with Vader?
I doubt it. They will probably carry the obsession to the next film too.

One of my biggest issue with TFA. Palp dead, Vader dead, Tarkin long dead, Death Star finished again, Capital Ship finished, and literally the whole universe celebrating at the end of ROTJ (at least in the shitty new versions by Lucas). They didn't flesh out the New Order whatsoever, explain where they came from, why they're menacing, how they acquired power.
Maybe they will fill that gap in with books and video games.

Maybe I'm just getting old and bitter but the acting in that trailer was horrific.

Maybe they will fill that gap in with books and video games.

They have been.

First Order was the reminants of the Empire that were not on the Deathstar etc, they escaped into unknown regions, some how Snoke has come along and gotten involved. Snoke is shown to have considerable wealth due to the size of his ships, dress etc.

First Order is based on Nazi's that escaped to Argentina, except they were able to gather money.

The Republic did not think they were a legit threat until the time of The Force Awakens, and even then they didn't believe Leia until it was too late.

They have been.

First Order was the reminants of the Empire that were not on the Deathstar etc, they escaped into unknown regions, some how Snoke has come along and gotten involved. Snoke is shown to have considerable wealth due to the size of his ships, dress etc.

First Order is based on Nazi's that escaped to Argentina, except they were able to gather money.

The Republic did not think they were a legit threat until the time of The Force Awakens, and even then they didn't believe Leia until it was too late.
Is that from books?

After rewatching my expectations for this movie are incredibly low....this trailer just looks like a rehash of Empire Strikes Back and everything else we've already seen, in both themes, motifs ...fucking everything

- Its all red! cause its the dark chapter!!! - REMEMBER EMPIRE?
- an ice planet where xwings fight at-ats! - REMEMBER HOTH GUYS! AND HOW AWESOME EMPIRE WAS?!
- cutesy creatures akin to chewy! - Need to make money on toys and we dont want to reuse Ewoks just yet! - REMEMBER RETURN OF THE JEDI?
- Kylo Ren tempts Rey - wonder if we get a literal, "I'll never join you!" / "I am your brother" moment -Remember that crazy original sequel!?!?!?!
- the millenium falcon escapes a dark cave ... wonder if we get a literal "this is no cave" moment - REMEMBER. FUCKING. EMPIREEEEe?

this one actually legit psises me off cause even from the trailer I can tell that this is EXACTLY what they're trying to rehash
-Rey walks around Luke Island into a misty moor to what I assume will be her facing her destiny
-Rey and Luke train in the force and they actually have the balls to frame Luke around Rey like he's on her shoulders/back like fucking Yoda was for him

Rey and Kylo hooking up is a dumb tease...its ripping off the empire strikes back, where Kylo goads a damaged/hurt Rey into joining the darkside, she says no and escapes

I still have hope that the director/writer is talented enough that he can actually pull off a 'good' new sw movie. My expectations are so low that I actually liked what I saw. Now, like you pointed out the echoes to ESB are undeniable, but Johnson isn't a hack like Abrams, and he's been poking fun at this being an Empire clone. I just hope they have the guts to do something interesting and -different- with the story. This trilogy already has a strike against it (two against disney), I just want something decent. Still i'm never doing the opening day thing again, all that hooting and hollering is obnoxious.

Looks like a carbon copy of Empire. Ray is gonna go train with luke (aka yoda). Shes going to stop her training prematurely and go fight Kylo (aka vader). She'll lose the fight and the credits will roll (ending of Empire strikes back)

Something seemed off to me , the acting and the overall look of some of the scenes just didn't look very good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back