Locked STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI v.2 (First Critics Reviews Are Here; George Lucas' Reaction)

What did you think of the latest trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not reading anyone’s reviews till I see it myself, I’m just here to read scores and general comments like “liked it” or “hated it”.

In the meantime, with Disney buying Fox I want my original trilogy, THEATRICAL cut remaster/blu ray release please.

Wow, surprised by all the negativity.

But best since Empire amirite?
Yes, you are right.

I saw the film with that film critic buddy and we had a beer after to discuss. When I left the theater I felt disappointed by something but couldn't name it. I've wrapped my head around it now though. Interested in seeing Dragon's written reaction.

also, any 1/10 reviews an get fucked. Over reactionary and stupid thoughts abound

i'm stunned, i really felt discomfortable watching so much nonsense. It was good to see the Luke, but Rey ruined it again, she have a charisma of a blue whale. This movie screams garbage. ill never watch a star wars film again. Franchise went full bizarre.
SHAMEFUL
1/10

Daisy Ridley can act about as well as a paper bag. Maybe a block of wood on a good day. Beyond that, she looks like a mongoloid and is just painful to watch on screen. Just an all around terrible actress and casting choice.

Same with Boyeggah, though perhaps his acting is a little better than hers. But both are complete trash overall.

Yes, you are right.

I saw the film with that film critic buddy and we had a beer after to discuss. When I left the theater I felt disappointed by something but couldn't name it. I've wrapped my head around it now though. Interested in seeing Dragon's written reaction.

also, any 1/10 reviews an get fucked. Over reactionary and stupid thoughts abound

Personally I'd say Rogue One is the best since Empire. I guess we'll see how I feel about TLJ.

Most of the early reactions are not encouraging.

Man an 8.2 on IMDB is actually really low for star wars film BEFORE it is released. This shit is gonna be in the 7's by Sunday easily.

I bought IMAX tickets for my whole family so still going to be seeing this.

Personally I'd say Rogue One is the best since Empire. I guess we'll see how I feel about TLJ.

Most of the early reactions are not encouraging.
Fanboys are impossible to take seriously, but the critics that I tend to read, and these folks are especially brutal, are enjoying the film.
I liked Rogue One a lot, but this is an even cleaner, tidier narrative. I thought it was all quite good. I've some issues with one of the subplots, but it serves an important purpose so I'm not too annoyed. When I first walked out of the theater I noticed that the nostalgia didnt hit me like Force Awakens did... but the more I sit in it the more I feel like I enjoyed the movie.

But then, I'm good walking in with zero expectations. This often lets me enjoy terrible, terrible movies while admitting how truly terrible they are

MOD EDIT

Link to new thread:

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/dragonlords-review-of-star-wars-the-last-jedi.3676193/

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back