Stanley Cup : who wins it ?

Honestly .... its because you cant win if you build around a European or Russian. At least not in the NHL on NA sized ice. Theyre complimentary players come playoffs.

The only team i could think of that ever won without being led by an American or Canadian was Lidstrom 1 year.

LA kings : doughty / quick

Hawks : kane / toews / keith

Pittsburg : Yes you have a Malkin but also a Crosby / Fleury / Letang

Devils : Brodeur / The Scott's

Rangers : Messier / Leetch

Boston : Thomas / Bergeron

Habs : Roy

Carolina : Staal / Ward
Shit man, the Caps have had a couple seasons of basically having an all-star team and yet they fail in the playoffs.

My prediction at the start of the year was Nashville vs Tampa with the press winning it all.

I'll stick with that.

Dark horse is Boston though

I wouldn't say Boston is a dark horse at this point, but I feel you. Boston or Tampa from the East, Nashville from the West. Vegas or Winnipeg would be a welcome surprise though. Lot of likeable hockey teams out West. If Tampa stays healthy they might be unstoppable in a 7 game series.

Pittsburgh looks tired some nights, I don't think they can get out of the woodchipper the East will be after the first round.

I hate to say it, but the Leafs are a dark horse. That team is young and skilled and if Matthews and Andersen play to their abilities they can surprise. Defense is still too big an issue though, they are too unstable over 60 minutes.

Last edited:
I don't even care the Hawks aren't in. I haven't been this excited for the playoffs in a long time. So many good teams and they have all had stretches where they looked unbeatable during the regular season.

It's going to be awesome. Once the matchups are finalized I'll make my picks.

It is kind of cool the St. Louis - Colorado game may determine the final playoff team in the west. A one game playoff

Leafs all the way.,

Id love it if they make the finals.

Beat Pittsburgh in 7 for conference finals.

Faceoff vs either Nasville or The Peg.

Would be epic. All 3 of them would make for great story.

I hope they beat Washington cuz Pitts vs Tampa would be awesome conference finals.

However i feel the west has had more dominating showings so far in the playoffs.

I think the cup is going west this year.

If pittsburg wins and 3 peats, do you rank Sidney above Mario at this point ?

The team probably wouldn’t even be in Pittsburgh if it wasn’t for Mario.

I hope they beat Washington cuz Pitts vs Tampa would be awesome conference finals.

However i feel the west has had more dominating showings so far in the playoffs.

I think the cup is going west this year.

If pittsburg wins and 3 peats, do you rank Sidney above Mario at this point ?

Oh wow, that's tough. I'd still take Super Mario. Before he came back, his points per game was insane and he almost single handedly saved the Pens in Pittsburgh.

Sharks had a train ran on them holy shit

Sharks had a train ran on them holy shit

After all the years of heartache and rebuilding, I think it's fair to say Vegas finally has a chance to take home the cup.

Oh wow, that's tough. I'd still take Super Mario. Before he came back, his points per game was insane and he almost single handedly saved the Pens in Pittsburgh.
I think it's Mario always, as far as the Pens are concerned at least. If he hadn't been sick he would be the consensus #2 player in NHL history, and who knows what the Pens could have done. Sid is great, but I don't think I can ever overcome who Mario is to the team mentally.

Career-wise Sid is ahead though, especially if they win this year. What a crazy time, to be honest I thought a few years ago that the 2009 Cup was going to have to last me a while. Murray Bless.

I think it's Mario always, as far as the Pens are concerned at least. If he hadn't been sick he would be the consensus #2 player in NHL history, and who knows what the Pens could have done. Sid is great, but I don't think I can ever overcome who Mario is to the team mentally.

Career-wise Sid is ahead though, especially if they win this year. What a crazy time, to be honest I thought a few years ago that the 2009 Cup was going to have to last me a while. Murray Bless.
Look at what Fleury is doing with Vegas, team was stacked
Consensus #2, with a few of the best single seasons ever.

Look at what Fleury is doing with Vegas, team was stacked
Consensus #2, with a few of the best single seasons ever.
Oh, for sure love Fleury, if he wins a Cup with Vegas I'll be thrilled, but he never really carried those Pens teams. I think at his best he was a top-3 goalie, but at his worst he could be fairly bad. Seeing him be so consistent with a balanced team in front of him is great though, he's having a Conn Smythe type of post-season, if he played all season he'd almost be a shoe-in for the Vezina.

this pregame Vegas Show shit is fucking cringeworthy

Last edited:
Back