Spike gets rid of PBC

** ^ I find it kinda funny how nobody has any rude snotty remarks for this.
Funny enough, according to Big Dan, NBC and NBCSN is done with boxing for a while after PBC time buys are up.

Which means NBCSN probably isnt going to sign with Main Event Boxing after PBC is gone. So if thats true, then Kathy Duva was 100% right. PBC has ruined boxing for NBC.

Only thing that can really change anything at this point is if PBC puts mega fights like Spence/Thurman on NBC and generate 4 million viewers on their last 3 shows on NBC, but fights like that are looking like it will go to Showtime.

Funny enough, according to Big Dan, NBC and NBCSN is done with boxing for a while after PBC time buys are up.

Which means NBCSN probably isnt going to sign with Main Event Boxing after PBC is gone. So if thats true, then Kathy Duva was 100% right. PBC has ruined boxing for NBC.

Only thing that can really change anything at this point is if PBC puts mega fights like Spence/Thurman on NBC and generate 4 million viewers on their last 3 shows on NBC, but fights like that are looking like it will go to Showtime.
Does fat dans ass taste good or something?

I agree, Kathy Duva would have done 10x better than PBC with her huge roster

lol... Viacom is getting rid of Spike :)

I wonder if they'll bring back TNN. We just need to expose these young kids to the Grand Ole Opry Live and watch the ratings soar.

I wonder if they'll bring back TNN. We just need to expose these young kids to the Grand Ole Opry Live and watch the ratings soar.
Ha ha, "The Nashville Network"

Interesting history, that channel has, first it catered to rednecks and then bros, I wonder who they target next

In weight how much man juice is swilling around in queen bs moms basement?

I agree, Kathy Duva would have done 10x better than PBC with her huge roster
She built guys like Kovalev, Jennings, Glazkov, and Adamek on NBCSN.

The more important part is that NBCSN was content with her ratings while paying her.

She built guys like Kovalev, Jennings, Glazkov, and Adamek on NBCSN.

The more important part is that NBCSN was content with her ratings while paying her.
Since you like citing different sources for ratings, compare the two, NBCSN and PBC...

I'll be damned if NBCSN pulled in more more than PBC

Its not negativity. I just posted facts in this thread.

You posted facts? You did not , you said they were dissatisfied yet @MMALOPEZ posted a quote saying they are not dissatisfied

Explain yourself or stay silent and accept that you are a fraud

Ha ha, "The Nashville Network"

Interesting history, that channel has, first it catered to rednecks and then bros, I wonder who they target next

I remember when those "Spike Network: Television for Men(children): Coming Soon" commercials came out. For a couple of days leading up, it was just a countdown. I can't actually remember what I watched on there though. I spent a lot of time with my grandparents and my grandmother used to watch the country shows all the time. I think at night they played reruns of old shows and that's what I watched. I used to watch Lucy all the time, but that was Nick at Nite I think.

You posted facts? You did not , you said they were dissatisfied yet @MMALOPEZ posted a quote saying they are not dissatisfied

Explain yourself or stay silent and accept that you are a fraud

Then go complain to David Schwarz

Spike and PBC had a two-year agreement and had negotiated a network option for a third year, but that never made it into the final paperwork, network spokesman David Schwarz told ESPN on Wednesday. The final card aired in January.

Spike had positioned PBC as one of its Friday night combat sports cornerstones, along with Bellator MMA and Glory kickboxing. Schwarz said the reason Spike did not seek to continue its commitment to PBC was twofold: a general dissatisfaction with the quality of cards being provided by PBC founder Al Haymon, as well as the decision to more heavily support Bellator MMA. Viacom, Spike's parent company, owns Bellator.

Spike spokesman David Schwarz disputed the portion of the ESPN.com story that stated Spike executives were unhappy with the quality of fights PBC offered as part of the series. “Spike and the PBC have enjoyed a very successful relationship with great fights, featuring high production values,” Schwarz said in a statement released to boxingscene.com

“The network was very satisfied with the quality of fights that produced strong ratings and many memorable moments. Any inference to the contrary is inaccurate. Now that our 2-year deal is complete, we are having ongoing discussions to potentially air future events that make sense for both parties.”

Schwarz also said the network wants to televise more Bellator MMA cards. Bellator is owned by Viacom, also Spike’s parent company. “We have a great relationship and running dialogue with Al and the PBC,” Schwarz told ESPN.com. “

"Our focus is on Bellator right now, but if the right fight arises we are all ears.” Spike soon will be renamed The Paramount Network as part of a rebranding initiative by Viacom and will focus more on scripted entertainment than in the past.

**** Looks like some misleading information from the espn article!!!

http://www.boxingscene.com/spike-tv...-champions-ended--115552#sthash.yZCrygXp.dpuf

Read that queen b

Either edit your garbage or ignore this post to accept how much of fraud you are

Read that queen b

Either edit your garbage or ignore this post to accept how much of fraud you are
So David Schwarz said 2 different things to 2 different sources. it sounds he said on behalf of Spike as to not burn any bridges.

Go take it up to him then. You cant pick and choose which sources you want to believe in. Like I said, I reported what he said.

So David Schwarz said 2 different things to 2 different sources. it sounds he said on behalf of Spike as to not burn any bridges.

Go take it up to him then. You cant pick and choose which sources you want to believe in. Like I said, I reported what he said.
Or, ESPN simply took a statement and spun it to fit whatever narrative they wanted to paint, and Schwarz was setting the record straight.

Or, ESPN simply took a statement and spun it to fit whatever narrative they wanted to paint, and Schwarz was setting the record straight.
Its possible, anything like that is possible for any source. I just took what was reported and cited my source.

You cant pick and choose which sources you want to believe in...

In fact, YES, you FUCKING CAN!

eg) If it's coming out of Donald Trump's mouth, for example, you can be about 70% certain that it's either a bold faced lie, or just incorrect due to stupidity.

Same goes for anything that comes out of Breitbart, and/or that conspiracy lunatic Alex Jones. Any of that click bait shit tbh.

Not only CAN you choose which sources you want to believe in, if you are a rational human being, with a functional fore brain, you absolutely fucking should do so.

Or once you found out in the first page of your post that @MMALOPEZ cited a true source , you should have added that to your op
But you either choose not to post to so your charade was kept in tact or you post and not even read post what you post which means that you don't want to have actual social conversations about the sport in other words trolling

There is a 3rd one that you are just a numbers guy see a topic that suits your agenda post it and glee on how you were some sort of truth sayer without checking facts

I don't mind you citing "on the surface " failures as long as they are accurate because where you see it as a failure I see it as another step to make the product better

It's better that someone attempts than let it just stay stagnant

Back