PlayStation Spider-Man 2: Official Discussion

First two are absolute fire. Wow. Nicely done.
bless! i want to get a little more savvy w/ the lighting options, but simply playing around w/ the “natural” light settings is usually enough to make all the difference in the world.

also, using the VHS filter on 15%-35% blending has been good to me. still gotta find the sweet spots using some of the other filters.

IMG_6799.jpeg

IMG_6796.jpeg

IMG_6791.jpeg

IMG_6788.jpeg

IMG_6803.jpeg

IMG_6811.jpeg
<{jackyeah}>

For those who've played through the game, what are your thoughts about this?

Long term I’m for it but for Spider-Man 3? Hell no. They are setting up a big iconic villain from Peter’s rogue gallery. Not going to spoil anything but the hype from the mid credits scene would die down considerably if Peter is not involved. Miles is a great character but please please let Peter close out this trilogy

Long term I’m for it but for Spider-Man 3? Hell no. They are setting up a big iconic villain from Peter’s rogue gallery. Not going to spoil anything but the hype from the mid credits scene would die down considerably if Peter is not involved. Miles is a great character but please please let Peter close out this trilogy

Don't really matter that much IMO.

Even if Miles Morales is the main spiderman this is a universe with 2 spideys. Peter is never too far behind and I can't even fathom a storyline without Peter being involved based on who the future villains will be. If anything we will be hot swapping between the heroes just like this Spidey 2 so having Miles be side A ain't no big deal IMO.

Never a fan of this. People will say "herp derp it's still Spider-Man" but Peter's Spider-Man is what many are a fan of. The stories and villains tied to Peter are the things people will be disappointed with if Miles becomes the 'main' character. Imo the whole Spider-Verse aftermath of there being tons of Spider-Man and shit has been a bit annoying. Instead of developing the character more or adding new stories it's just become "LOL MORE SPIDER-MAN VARIATIONS".

It's obvious though that a lot of people really do want Miles to be THE Spider-Man. I don't really get it but it feels like it's been building up for the last 10 or so years. I honestly blame social media and non Spider-Man fans lol. I've never heard a single person talk about Miles and then also talk about a specific storyline or villain. The most I'll hear is "black Spider-Man would be cool" or "I liked the Spiderverse movies."

Yes, I am nerd-raging a bit. Either way I'd get the game and enjoy it (as I did with the Miles game).

Never a fan of this. People will say "herp derp it's still Spider-Man" but Peter's Spider-Man is what many are a fan of. The stories and villains tied to Peter are the things people will be disappointed with if Miles becomes the 'main' character. Imo the whole Spider-Verse aftermath of there being tons of Spider-Man and shit has been a bit annoying. Instead of developing the character more or adding new stories it's just become "LOL MORE SPIDER-MAN VARIATIONS".

It's obvious though that a lot of people really do want Miles to be THE Spider-Man. I don't really get it but it feels like it's been building up for the last 10 or so years. I honestly blame social media and non Spider-Man fans lol. I've never heard a single person talk about Miles and then also talk about a specific storyline or villain. The most I'll hear is "black Spider-Man would be cool" or "I liked the Spiderverse movies."

Yes, I am nerd-raging a bit. Either way I'd get the game and enjoy it (as I did with the Miles game).

Oh I could go into a deep nerd-rage going back 10+ years when they killed off Peter Parker in the Ultimate-line of Marvel comics and Miles was introduced to replace him.

And that's what modern writers are going to try to do again.

And for the record, I grew to tollerate Miles and thought the first Into The Spiderverse was pretty good, for an older Peter to take him in as a protégé to mentor. Interesting character development for Peter.

But in the recent games Peter is only in his early 20s, and Miles is supposed to replace him? That's pure bullshit.

Oh I could go into a deep nerd-rage going back 10+ years when they killed off Peter Parker in the Ultimate-line of Marvel comics and Miles was introduced to replace him.

And that's what modern writers are going to try to do again.

And for the record, I grew to tollerate Miles and thought the first Into The Spiderverse was pretty good, for an older Peter to take him in as a protégé to mentor. Interesting character development for Peter.

But in the recent games Peter is only in his early 20s, and Miles is supposed to replace him? That's pure bullshit.

Yeah, I don't have anything against Miles. I actually don't know enough about him to dislike him or anything like that. I do like the character but I do not like how people keep wanting him to replace Peter. It's very weird to me. Ironically these same people probably can only name Peter stories and villains. I'm really not a fan of multiverse stuff that seems to be a lot of the casual fans obsessions in the past 10 or so years too. I mean they have been part of comics for a long time but it seems to have gotten worse/more annoying lately. It almost feels like Spider-Man is now more about many Spider-Men and multiverse shit than Peter. Maybe that's just the direction the series is going but I don't like it. I feel like the casual fans influence has kind of ruined or made Spider-Man worse tbh.

Marvel is in a constant state of trying to either keep Peter young, tortured or retiring him. They are addicted to the "Parker luck" thing and refuse to let the guy grow without wanting to retire him. It's very annoying and why I stopped reading the 616 comics as well. The recent reboot also is cringe with the whole MJ thing.

Spiderman has been my favorite superhero ever since I was a kid. I love Peter Parker Spiderman, but Miles taking over feels right imo. Miles has existed for over 10 years so it's not like he's just some guy becoming the new Spiderman. The switch from Miles to Peter feels very natural and not at all forced. We've had 60 years of Peter Parker Spiderman in the media. The games and movies lately have done a great job introducing Miles to those who don't pay attention to the comics. Having a new Spiderman be the main Spiderman for the next few years seems like a great way to introduce new story lines and get more people into Spiderman in general. It's like when Barry Allen Flash died in the comics and Wally West took over. Nothing wrong with a little change especially when it's already shown to be really good. My only issue is it looks like we will never be getting an adaptation of the best Peter Parker Spiderman storyline Superior Spiderman

Spiderman has been my favorite superhero ever since I was a kid. I love Peter Parker Spiderman, but Miles taking over feels right imo. Miles has existed for over 10 years so it's not like he's just some guy becoming the new Spiderman. The switch from Miles to Peter feels very natural and not at all forced. We've had 60 years of Peter Parker Spiderman in the media. The games and movies lately have done a great job introducing Miles to those who don't pay attention to the comics. Having a new Spiderman be the main Spiderman for the next few years seems like a great way to introduce new story lines and get more people into Spiderman in general. It's like when Barry Allen Flash died in the comics and Wally West took over. Nothing wrong with a little change especially when it's already shown to be really good. My only issue is it looks like we will never be getting an adaptation of the best Peter Parker Spiderman storyline Superior Spiderman

Kinda gives off the feeling of when Ben Reilly took over but Peter was still around but with Miles instead of Ben.

A Superior Spiderman adaption would be nuts.

Exactly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_games_featuring_Spider-Man

This includes several dozens of games featuring Peter Parker.
How many different times and in different ways has he fought Doc Ock, Mysterio, Sandman, etc..

And as stated earlier Miles is the main Spiderman but that doesn't mean Peter Parker is out of the way. He'll still be around as the B-side. They're doing this very organically too. For me it's actually the first time I am seeing Peter Parker taking care of himself without feeling guilty because MIles is around. It's like "FINALLY... fuckin' relax dude."

It will hurt sales in my opinion, most people around the world prefer Peter. Everyone here is looking at this from an American perspective but most countries don’t give a shit about Miles. When you ask people who Spider-Man is they always say Peter Parker. At the very least let Peter close out his trilogy, makes no sense to give that all to miles because the history with those other characters isn’t there

At the very least let Peter close out his trilogy, makes no sense to give that all to miles because the history with those other characters isn’t there

My guess is that there will be a time skip between this and the next game. Miles will be doing well as the new solo Spider-Man, however some great calamity requires the power of two Spider-Men, causing ol' Pete to come out of retirement (probably Carnage). I think we're supposed to get the Wolverine game next, so perhaps that will have some foreshadowing for the next Spider-Man game's story in there somewhere.

just noticed that Ganke is playing Spider-Man 2 instead of writing his essay in Across the Spider-Verse. he’s battling hunters & robot birds on a rooftop.

Back