Social Southern/red states considered dumbest in country

This is completely horseshit lol.

Not that your county doesn't do well, some red counties absolutely do well. Most of them, especially in poorer areas, do not.

I'm from a deep red state as well and the blue cities kick the shit out of the red ones for the most part. The red counties in the eastern part of our state are some of the poorest in the country (where I grew up) and their schools are dog shit.

Plugging your head in the sand and pretending to be right is never going to help these areas.
In my state there are two large blue counties. HS graduation rates are about 81% in each. The overall state rate is 90%. If the two blue counties were removed, the state graduation rates would be much higher.

And spending per student in the poor blue counties is much higher than in other counties.

The data/reality do not support your cherished beliefs.

This is completely horseshit lol.

Not that your county doesn't do well, some red counties absolutely do well. Most of them, especially in poorer areas, do not.

I'm from a deep red state as well and the blue cities kick the shit out of the red ones for the most part. The red counties in the eastern part of our state are some of the poorest in the country (where I grew up) and their schools are dog shit.

Plugging your head in the sand and pretending to be right is never going to help these areas.
Neither is basing school funding off of property taxes.

*yawn*
lol at acting like I'm wrong, then making an excuse for the exact thing you act as though I'm wrong about.

The whole point of this thread was to insult an entire demographic of people and it backfired. Now y'all mad.

Lol it didn’t back fire. He hit the nail on the head. Red states are welfare states

You are exactly right about that.

So many any this thread keep trying to blame minorities when the issue is funding. Doesn't matter if you are white, black, green or purple...if you live in a poor red area or poor blue area, your school is most likely gonna be shit.

The federal government ends up subsidizing these schools and they still end up with shit funding. Then the Republicans want to cut that shit funding even further.

They want to make it to where the schools can't afford their own erasers, crayons, and markers unless you live in a wealthy area...but they also want teachers to carry a $500 handgun lol.

We're getting the double whammy:

My property taxes are high.

Houses are unaffordable for young families.

As a result, student population is shrinking.

Therefore, less funding for schools.

As a result, budget cuts.

But, my property taxes keep going up.

So, we are raising taxes, cutting school funding, and students who are struggling academically have less people to actually help them with their math, reading, and writing skills.

But, hey, that money will now go to more iPads, licensing agreements with computer based math programs, and a backup iPad.

It just seems like hiring more teachers' aides to help with curriculum and classroom management would be a wiser investment.

Who said anything about working outside? It's about being dumb. Tobacco products= dumb, overweight= dumb, pop country = trash taste, abusing alcohol = dumb.

Also please don't start the stereotypical dumb redneck I work harder than you one up shit bragging about how much you work and how little time you spend with your family or hobbies, it's literally become a meme. I missed the birth of my children and their weddings and have no hobbies because I werk hard!! You and your 38 hour a week office job lifting weights, doing BJJ attending all your kids events, getting 8 hours of sleep, you're soft !!1

What a moron you are. You do know where the term “redneck” came from right? Hint: It means their necks are sunburnt because they work outside.

What a moron you are. You do know where the term “redneck” came from right? Hint: It means their necks are sunburnt because they work outside.
No shit, there's plenty of rednecks now who don't work outside. The term today is no longer used to describe someone who works outside

We're getting the double whammy:

My property taxes are high.

Houses are unaffordable for young families.

As a result, student population is shrinking.

Therefore, less funding for schools.

As a result, budget cuts.

But, my property taxes keep going up.

So, we are raising taxes, cutting school funding, and students who are struggling academically have less people to actually help them with their math, reading, and writing skills.

But, hey, that money will now go to more iPads, licensing agreements with computer based math programs, and a backup iPad.

It just seems like hiring more teachers' aides to help with curriculum and classroom management would be a wiser investment.

iPads? Shiiiiiit. That's high rollin.

They use cheap ancient ass $50 Chromebooks in every school I've been to in my state.

No shit, there's plenty of rednecks now who don't work outside. The term today is no longer used to describe someone who works outside

The way your post was worded insinuated you didn’t know where the term originated.

Dumb by what standard? People who live more rurally are going to need different social and educational skills than those that live in cities. I dont know how to fix a lawnmower engine but I wouldnt consider myself stupid. In other places that could be a very valuable skill.

It’s all floridas fault!

I know this is a thread designed to insult republicans-same as the “red states are highest crime” but it’s not just republicans driving those stats in those states. I would argue that the violence and crime those stats refer to are not rural or red areas. The lack of education is actually more concentrated (meaning there’s more uneducated people in number) in the cities based upon pop density, but it can be the similar or greater percentage in very rural areas with only farming or coal mines being the only jobs.

And not that I should have to tell anyone, but calling the lesser educated (meaning levels of degrees and high school grad) dumber does not indicate intelligence-it is simply based upon grad levels or test scores that only indicate academic acumen. You might have some genius in an inner city or rural area that simply couldn’t afford schooling or had to drop out to work a farm job.

Lol it didn’t back fire. He hit the nail on the head. Red states are welfare states
Democrats and republicans live everywhere.
He tried to insult a demographic without considering who makes up said demographic.

Looking at the OP in the thread - education level does not equal smartest/dumbest IMO. The title should be "least educated" instead of "dumbest"

Absolutely. I know guys with a high school diploma who started a trades business and clear six figures a year. I also know a guy with a PhD who I’m shocked can tie his own shoes. But look at these dumb southern rednecks durrrr.

Absolutely. I know guys with a high school diploma who started a trades business and clear six figures a year. I also know a guy with a PhD who I’m shocked can tie his own shoes. But look at these dumb southern rednecks durrrr.

Bro, lots of us live in southern redneck states. For every "high school diploma" that you know that clears 6 figures, there are about 100 meth heads driving around in their 1995 Nissan's held together with bondo and tape.

I couldn't imagine anybody from a southern state arguing otherwise.

Dumb by what standard? People who live more rurally are going to need different social and educational skills than those that live in cities. I dont know how to fix a lawnmower engine but I wouldnt consider myself stupid. In other places that could be a very valuable skill.
Thank you. I really dislike labeling people smart or dumb based on these tests. You need all sorts of “smarts” to keep society running. Someone with great test scores but a horrible work ethic, doesn’t matter. The intelligence they have is for naught. If you have it but don’t really use it, what is it really worth?

It's funny how these people can't relate to this or that a vaccine can come from mRNA but have no problems with dialing a phone or filming a video.

Thank you. I really dislike labeling people smart or dumb based on these tests. You need all sorts of “smarts” to keep society running. Someone with great test scores but a horrible work ethic, doesn’t matter. The intelligence they have is for naught. If you have it but don’t really use it, what is it really worth?

While what you are saying is absolutely true, most of the people he's talking about have no idea how to fix a lawnmower engine. Do you guys actually live in a rural area or have you lived there in the past?

While what you are saying is absolutely true, most of the people he's talking about have no idea how to fix a lawnmower engine. Do you guys actually live in a rural area or have you lived there in the past?
I’ll take that as I’m a dumb one lol.

I actually do know how. They are surprisingly uncomplicated as far as mechanics go. Maybe not every possible thing that could go wrong though.

Most rural folks definitely know how to fix most of their equipment. For the most part. Maybe a good many, if not most. There is a reason most rural people or farmers are asset rich, even if they aren’t rich overall. You have to be able to fix a lot of these things yourself. Time is of the essence, and all that. At least from my experiences when living there, and knowing a good many that do.

I’ll take that as I’m a dumb one lol.

I actually do know how. They are surprisingly uncomplicated as far as mechanics go. Maybe not every possible thing that could go wrong though.

Most rural folks definitely know how to fix most of their equipment. For the most part. Maybe a good many, if not most. There is a reason most rural people or farmers are asset rich, even if they aren’t rich overall. You have to be able to fix a lot of these things yourself. Time is of the essence, and all that. At least from my experiences when living there, and knowing a good many that do.

No bro, no they don't lol. This is fantasy land.

You are equating a farmer with most rural people. Most rural people are definitely not farmers at all. If every rural person was farm rich, then rural states wouldn't be poor as fuck lmao. Any moderately sized plus farm in my area is selling for $1 million+. That's why farmers are farm rich. It's not like they went out and bought their farm, they inherited from their family. I've never met a farmer in my life that didn't own a $70k Silverado, f-150, Ram, Tundra etc. And they damn sure can't fix these vehicles outside of simple fixes due to electronic parts going bad.

The fact is, most rural people either buy cheap ass lawnmowers from Walmart once every year or two or they probably don't even own one and have weeds as tall as me in their yard.

I'm from one of the poorest areas in the United States and I can assure you that these people live in old broken down trailers and double wides that haven't been taken care of in years.

Where does this notion come from that most of these people even own equipment to fix in the first place?

Back