Sonnen is such a better trash talker than Conor

Chael is the #1 trash talker in the history of fight sports when he was in his prime and "living the gimmick" as he said. His stuff was so smart and delivered to perfection.

The big differences is 1) he was a boring, huggy-bear style wrestler and Conor is an exciting knockout artist and 2) Chael always lost the big fight, whereas Conor won his two biggest fights against Aldo and Diaz.

But prime Chael was incredible. He worked EVERYONE. One of my favourites was him working that pompous ass Michael Landsberg. I think people forget how great Chael was at trash talking now that we're several years removed from him.

Chael is the #1 trash talker in the history of fight sports when he was in his prime and "living the gimmick" as he said. His stuff was so smart and delivered to perfection.

The big differences is 1) he was a boring, huggy-bear style wrestler and Conor is an exciting knockout artist and 2) Chael always lost the big fight, whereas Conor won his two biggest fights against Aldo and Diaz.

But prime Chael was incredible. He worked EVERYONE. One of my favourites was him working that pompous ass Michael Landsberg. I think people forget how great Chael was at trash talking now that we're several years removed from him.

Legendary interview.

It's not even close. Nobody beats Chael in verbal warfare.

Conor 's shit talk is far better than what you just posted.

Chael's best lines were just stolen from pro wrestling promos.

Conor at least comes up with his own shit.

Shael sounds like a pro rassler from the 80's, I guess he's better if you're into that kind of thing.
This.
Chael does WWE scripted crap. The feeding the carrot to the bus line was funny, but Chael's usual delivery was just so canned and corny. It was just too obviously fake, so no, it wasn't better than Conor's.
The "gangster" talk he did was just really pro wrasslerly stuff. And it's hard to take the guy serious when he got his ass beat half the time.
What makes Conor better is that he actually backs up his big mouth. More times than not, Chael couldn't.

He doesnt even curse and delivers his lines at the right moment without a pause, much better than "Shut the fook up!" Or "youre a bum! A bum!"

When chael talks you have no idea what hes gonna say, you can expect "bum" "KO round 1" and "fook" everytime with Conor.
The difference I see is that Chael is promoting fights, yes trash talking, but doesn't come across mean spirited. Conor has bought into his own gimmick and it comes across mean spirited.

Just like he 'bitched up' telling Wanderlei to stop before he ragdolled him to the floor with flip flops?

Chael is a nice guy - it has nothing to do with being a pussy, genius.

Never said he was a pussy. I said he bitched up with his words when Wandy called him out in the van. Where was all that witty trash talking then when Wandy was shutting him down? He didn't have anything to say then. No one has ever done that to Conor, Conor goes at anyone who even mentions his name in passing.

Never said he was a pussy. I said he bitched up with his words when Wandy called him out in the van. Where was all that witty trash talking then when Wandy was shutting him down? He didn't have anything to say then. No one has ever done that to Conor, Conor goes at anyone who even mentions his name in passing.

So you don't think Colin is being nice to people backstage? Then goes up on stage and calls everybody out? Fighters have said it themselves.

He really got you hooked. It's entertainment. And no, you're not gonna convince me that Chael 'bitched out'.

:>

There is no, nor will there probably ever be, trashtalker like Chael.

That's just stupid.
As is your love for Ortiz, Ronda, and Chael.
Im not saying Chael was a horrible fighter. but he didn't really get big till after the first Silva fight...the fight where he got popped for PEDs.
He talked A LOT of shit for someone that got his ass kicked more than half the time. A guy that talks shit and then gets his ass kicked cant be taken seriously.

Conor's lines consist of how much money he has.,how he can buy you and your family and blah blah blah. It's lame and under original

chael is in another league
cmg is cheap bum talk that works for 15yo

Because Sonnen is scripted. When Wand confronted him in that car by surprise, Sonnen had nothing to say, just sat there looking uncomfortable.

I don't even remember anything Conor has babbled about. He pretty much shit talks like just about everyone else in the UFC.

Chael trolls too much. The key to trash talking is that you are hyping yourself up as if you believe you are the baddest man on the planet and your opponent is not on your level. Sonnen's trash talk got so ridiculous you couldn't even take the man seriously. Conor's trash talk makes you interested in him as a person and makes you wonder if he can back it up.
no. He doesn't interest anyone with his trash talk outside of his pathetic fans.

Hell no, are you kidding me?

Chael was talking about having the biggest arms and the greatest charm, what kind of ridiculous horse shit is that?

And his excruciating rhymes. The guy had MOMENTS. He was the first great MMA trashtalker in the modern era, sure. He had MOMENTS. He's a pioneer.

But better? Sonnen was usually pretty weak with his trash talk. He had moments. He recited things you knew he memorized in front of the mirror. It was often pedestrian trash talk compared to boxers.

But Conor has a real quick wit and breaks the confidence of the ppl he speaks to. He actually unsettles ppl way better than anyone, while making us laugh.

Hands down, better than Chael.

Except on Sherdog.

Back