Song Dedication Thread V3 - Power Ballad edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are welcome ;) , Vanessa Williams has a good voice! she is talented. I'm feeling that song for you, so maybe you will visit Paris one day!. Take me if you do, but I am sure I will get stuck in the lift at the top of the effiel tower because in high buildings I have bad luck with lifts stopping working :oops::oops::oops::oops:
All brilliant songs you've posted pal!

@Myrddin Wyllt this song is for you, enjoy..

Thank you brother... You're one of my favorite Sherbroz... it's alwayz a pleasure!

200.gif

@Lethal

Holy Crap!

This is fantastic. Not sure if you're a jazz guy but I know you're a DOOM guy.

@Lethal

Holy Crap!

This is fantastic. Not sure if you're a jazz guy but I know you're a DOOM guy.

Interesting, didn't get a notification this time for some odd reason but that was indeed awesome. That's likely similar to what we would have gotten had Doom & Flying Lotus been serious about working on that album together.

That's new to me and I got to say I liked it quite a bit. Pretty powerful for just a man with a guitar.

Yeah John Martyn had an incredible style of playing, easily one of the best guitarists ever imo. He was good friends with Nick Drake actually, they both came from the same British folk scene. This is his most famous song, which Eric Clapton covered (though not as well as John plays it), you might have heard that before:

That's new to me and I got to say I liked it quite a bit. Pretty powerful for just a man with a guitar.
It's funny that he is considered folk.I don't know about his other tunes but that song doesn't sound like folk to me.

It's funny that he is considered folk.I don't know about his other tunes but that song doesn't sound like folk to me.

He is definitely folk, though like Tim Buckley, Van Morrison, Nick Drake, Pentangle etc. most of his music is 'folk-jazz'.

Here are some pure folk songs though:

He is definitely folk, though like Tim Buckley, Van Morrison, Nick Drake, Pentangle etc. most of his music is 'folk-jazz'.

Here are some pure folk songs though:

Right you are with these songs Rimbaud pal.Certainly different from your first post but again i enjoyed them enough to make them permanent additions to my iphone tunes.Cheers.

. Not power ballad but to all the cool cats & true music minds who make Sherdog worth a visit each day,thank you..truly thank you.
The lyrics may not jive but yous all get the point. @Jackonfire @TeTe @FeloniousMonk @Rimbaud82 @Thunderhead @Chad The Limey @tru3f4n @LEWIS540 @The Big Sloppy @Gorack @The Solid Man @Flemmy Stardust @mikehunt @SenorFranko @Overpressure @House by the Cemetery @fatlas @Thundarr @milliniar @ShinkanPo @grinderman @ArchGoat @CM 4 @Graverobber @HelloJapan @BeardotheWeirdo @Valkosen @Rex Kwon Do @Losfer Words. ****I am sorry for any i missed,it wasn't intentional you know that**** Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back