Song Dedication Thread V3 - Power Ballad edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not even Once in a Lifetime @FeloniousMonk ?

Man... I've given them so many
chances. This track is unfortunately
no different. It just sounds contrived
to me. All my friends think I'm crazy
as well. Lol I think it's just that there
is little variation. It's like all their
songs are an ecelctic jubilee of
no wave & madchester... but I feel
like it lacks the same passion that
those genres are able to bring.

They're like a visionary band that
I could never step into.

I need some fat to my music.
Some wiggle room & freedom.
Their songs sound like the product
of a perfectionist. It's unsettling
to me as a punk at heart. Lol
<{CMPALM}>

I could never step into.

<{CMPALM}>

Well as my mum always used to tell me "it wouldn't take us all to be the same" so fair enough my friend! I guess I see where you are coming from, but man some of their stuff is so funky too...sure it's also a little 'stiff' in a artsy kind of way (which I guess explains why you see a lack of passion), but personally I think they are a great mix of those kind of artsy, intellectual trends in Western New Wave, post-punk etc. and a lot of African and black american funk music...weird mix of styles but I think it works great. Plus for a song like Once in a Lifetime, and a lot of their songs, I really love the lyrics too.

Well as my mum always used to tell me "it wouldn't take us all to be the same" so fair enough my friend! I guess I see where you are coming from, but man some of their stuff is so funky too...sure it's also a little 'stiff' in a artsy kind of way (which I guess explains why you see a lack of passion), but personally I think they are a great mix of those kind of artsy, intellectual trends in Western New Wave, post-punk etc. and a lot of African and black american funk music...weird mix of styles but I think it works great. Plus for a song like Once in a Lifetime, and a lot of their songs, I really love the lyrics too.
Those are high-energy genres.
& because of those fusions, they
are definitely a great live band.
I could easily see myself having fun
at one of their shows.

Ever heard of James chance?

Those are high-energy genres.
& because of those fusions, they
are definitely a great live band.
I could easily see myself having fun
at one of their shows.

Ever heard of James chance?

No never heard of him mate, but digging that tune!

I love this version.David Byrne looks like a mad bastard on stage,what a showman!I've seen many legends & other live acts but sad to say i never got to enjoy TH nor David Byrne live.Thanks for this @Rimbaud82 i've listened/watched it 1/2 dozen times so far.I'm not very familiar with the lad on percussion,he's incredibly talented....who is he?Cheers.

I could never step into.

<{CMPALM}>
Not a fan of their version of "Take Me To The River"?

Awesome, thank you. I'm not digging through my cd collection, since I have one Vanessa Williams cd and I need to know if that song is on there or not!
You are welcome ;) , Vanessa Williams has a good voice! she is talented. I'm feeling that song for you, so maybe you will visit Paris one day!. Take me if you do, but I am sure I will get stuck in the lift at the top of the effiel tower because in high buildings I have bad luck with lifts stopping working :oops::oops::oops::oops:

You are welcome ;) , Vanessa Williams has a good voice! she is talented. I'm feeling that song for you, so maybe you will visit Paris one day!. Take me if you do, but I am sure I will get stuck in the lift at the top of the effiel tower because in high buildings I have bad luck with lifts stopping working :oops::oops::oops::oops:
What do you think about the life of an indoor cat.
I think they learn to enjoy it, and just walking them outside once a day to satisfy their curiousity is a nice balance. Or do all cats dream of outdoor shenanigans?

What do you think about the life of an indoor cat.
I think they learn to enjoy it, and just walking them outside once a day to satisfy their curiousity is a nice balance. Or do all cats dream of outdoor shenanigans?
haha me I am lazy, a very very very lazy cat, so I love the indoor life, its perfect that my owner does everything for me.. buys me food, catnip and other things that I may want. I like to venture into the garden and also the neighbors garden, but any further seems like to much effort :p :p :p . I did used to go out more and wander about more but I hurt my paw a few years ago and its got a permanent scar :(

Another thing is the wifi is much better indoors, so I can use sherdog much easier, outside the wifi signal gets weaker and weaker. When my owner comes home thats when I have to get off the laptop, and just act normal and I'll lay in garden. But my owner is lovely, say Hi to Scott Newman.. thats my owner, I love him very much, he has had me for 8 years, lovely guy, to be honest I couldn't wish for better. <3 <3 <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back