Something disturbing about Super Mario Odyssey

Italians are real life hobbits. It is known

Also damn this game looks fun wish i had more than a ps4

danny-wells-luigi.jpg

the lore used to be that Mario was from NYC. I think New Donk was a way to meet in the middle and establish the city where Mario may be originally from. The City lore shares the og DK history with Pauline, Mario and DK. Mario should look like the average NDC citizen but the modern Mario caricature is what we've come to see him through the games. Also, I thought Pauline would have been more happy to see Mario after all those years, but outside running her errands, it appeared she couldn't give a fk. I wish the monkey would have won.

edit: I take it back. Re-read the lyric to her song she sings, and it's clear she still has feelings for the bing-bing wahoo.

Last edited:
So I've been playing and enjoying Super Mario Odyssey. I grew up playing Nintendo and I've played basically all the Mario games.

As we all know, this game tried something different and let us play around in a metropolitan city. That's cool and all, until you see humans twice Mario's size going about their business, socializing, and having fun in parks.

super_mario_odyssey-14.jpg

All my life I've been led to believe Mario is a heroic plumber that was facing incredible odds. The fact that people like us exist in his universe implies that... Mario isn't actually human.

Please help me understand this, I feel like my childhood has been a lie.

Either stop the dope your on

Or start taking medication and visit a therapist

What I'm saying is I used to be able to suspend my disbelief somewhat when playing these games because I always thought Mario was a caricature of a human. Kind of like how the Simpsons are cartoons but they are very much the humans in their universe.

Now that we know what the humans in Mario's universe look and act like, the only conclusion we can make is that he's not one of them. If he's not one of them he's not one of us... So what is he exactly?

Didn't you see the Simpsons episode where Homer visits our world and looks different?

Didn't you see the Simpsons episode where Homer visits our world and looks different?
Yea you're proving my point.

In Mario's own world he doesn't look like the humans. New Donk City is not another dimension, it's in the same universe Mario lives in.

Back