Something disturbing about Super Mario Odyssey

mixmastermo

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
So I've been playing and enjoying Super Mario Odyssey. I grew up playing Nintendo and I've played basically all the Mario games.

As we all know, this game tried something different and let us play around in a metropolitan city. That's cool and all, until you see humans twice Mario's size going about their business, socializing, and having fun in parks.

super_mario_odyssey-14.jpg

All my life I've been led to believe Mario is a heroic plumber that was facing incredible odds. The fact that people like us exist in his universe implies that... Mario isn't actually human.

Please help me understand this, I feel like my childhood has been a lie.

Umm Mario is from a different world where he's shorter and more colorful but is still a human?..

Or he's Mario the video game character come to life.

what's so weird about this? U overthinking son.. lol

Here's something oddly disturbing: Mario has nipples
Screen_Shot_2017_09_14_at_11.02.47_AM.0.png

Umm Mario is from a different world where he's shorter and more colorful but is still a human?..

Or he's Mario the video game character come to life.

what's so weird about this? U overthinking son.. lol

What I'm saying is I used to be able to suspend my disbelief somewhat when playing these games because I always thought Mario was a caricature of a human. Kind of like how the Simpsons are cartoons but they are very much the humans in their universe.

Now that we know what the humans in Mario's universe look and act like, the only conclusion we can make is that he's not one of them. If he's not one of them he's not one of us... So what is he exactly?

Here's something oddly disturbing: Mario has nipples
Screen_Shot_2017_09_14_at_11.02.47_AM.0.png
I don't know if I should be more disturbed by that or by the fact you were looking for a pic of him in his underwear.

Mario can breathe in space but not underwater
Clearly hes some sort of alien demon hybrid

What I'm saying is I used to be able to suspend my disbelief somewhat when playing these games because I always thought Mario was a caricature of a human. Kind of like how the Simpsons are cartoons but they are very much the humans in their universe.

Now that we know what the humans in Mario's universe look and act like, the only conclusion we can make is that he's not one of them. If he's not one of them he's not one of us... So what is he exactly?

its a video game. you think too much.

I've already told you though. maybe he's human from a different world. brought to life in the human world that resembles ours. a caricature of a human brought to life.

personally I think those humans represent us and Mario entered our world to save us from Bowser (and free Peach). Is he human "like" us? no. Is he human? yes...

OP, you're showing your lack of sophistication. This is how Italians look.
Go to Italy sometime.

Mario is a tiny, hairy Italian homunculus - it's been known for awhile.

I don't get how people are giving me likes on my OP. here I am, suffering, questioning my own existence and people are enjoying it?

STAY AWAY FROM THIS GAME! For your sake and even your family's!

Last edited:
Mario is Danny Devito
What's so disturbing about that?

Mario is Danny Devito
What's so disturbing about that?

Shit, was about to post the same thing and had that thought earlier in the week; then I thought who would Luigi be?

Back