So... UFC singapore, whos waking up sat 4am?

Seriously... this will probably be the least watched event of the decade.

This is what you get for having your sleep cycle destroyed:

Teruto Ishihara vs. Petr Yan
Felipe Arantes vs. Song Yadong
Rolando Dy vs. Shane Young
Song Kenan vs. Hector Aldana
Shinsho Anzai vs. Jake Matthews
Yan Xiaonan vs. Viviane Pereira
Matt Schnell vs. Naoki Inoue
Ji Yeon Kim vs. Melinda Fabian
Jenel Lausa vs. Ulka Sasaki

Likely going to watch co and main event, but these prelims are a hard sell for the time.
Look at the fight card in Shanghai last year. People like u moan and cry about how shit the card is but it ends up being a card with exciting fights and finishes. U probably watched UFC 2-3 years ago and only watch main cards. Not all UFC fight cards is like UFC 225. That's y UFC has fight cards on fight pass/fs1.

This is a poor card organized by people who really don't understand what would appeal to the local demographic. They got only two Chinese in there, even though a majority of Singaporeans are ethnic Chinese. They also have zero Muslim fighters on the card, even though neighboring Malaysia is majority Muslim (the two countries have extensive cross-border travel; I've also been to both countries). Singapore's biggest boxing star is Muhammad Ridhwan, to give you an example.

This card seems more suited for Japan or Australia.

You didn’t even look through the whole card, and are complaining. There are 4 Chinese fighters. Also, Singapore is a very cosmopolitan local market. A good mix appeals to more of the moneyed foreigners, which S-Po has no shortage of. There are several Japanese fighters, and a Korean fighter, as well. Not to mention several Filipino’s, with the Philippines nearby.

Also, unless you thoroughly explored every fighter’s bio, how are you so sure there are no Muslims?

You didn’t even look through the whole card, and are complaining. There are 4 Chinese fighters. Also, Singapore is a very cosmopolitan local market. A good mix appeals to more of the moneyed foreigners, which S-Po has no shortage of. There are several Japanese fighters, and a Korean fighter, as well. Not to mention several Filipino’s, with the Philippines nearby.

Also, unless you thoroughly explored every fighter’s bio, how are you so sure there are no Muslims?

Singapore is a tiny country. Holding an event there should take Malaysia into account as well. Singapore does not have a notable Japanese or Filipino population (nor cross-border travel with them). Their second and third largest ethnic groups are Malay and Indians. All other ethicities combined make up roughly 3.2% according to their own census.

Since you did the research, why don't you tell me who's Muslim? I give you that they have 4 Chinese fighters, which would then appeal to the ethnic Chinese (I glossed over the Songs, my bad). What about the others I just named above? Who's the fighters that Malays and Indians can support?

I'm merely pointing out, it's important to keep audience demographic in mind. The Shanghai card they did recently actually would be good for Singapore.

I'm on the west coast. Therefore 730am. I'd like to see a Singapore cane match though. Those were bad ass in ECW. .

Lets say i love a restaurant. Eat there every day.

If one day i order and they bring my meal with a turd on top of it, should i eat it too?

Depends on whether or not you can tell shit from shitake.

I keep up with the sport everyday pretty much I've heard of like three guys on the whole card. Barely even heard of the guy cowboy is facing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back