So McMann-Davis is main card and Maynard-Hall is not.

Honestly, neither of them should be on the main card.

Maynard hasn't won a meaningful fight since 2012 and not a draw. But the guy did beat some legitimate fighters in his time. Not to mention he's been fighting for the UFC since 2007.

Alexis Davis best two wins to date have been over Nunes from 5 years ago in a different organization and Sarah Kaufman. Just like her next opponent Sara Mcmann, they both were given a title shot off a bunch of nobodies. To her credit, she is however ranked higher than Maynard. But at the sametime she doesn't fight often and the division is extremely shallow.

edit: wait this is a Fight night card? Lol who gives a shit.

How is it 2016 and people still aren't picking up what the UFC is putting down? Main Card/Prelims on an all FS1 FN card is irrelevant, they're all televised and on the same station.

It seems like most of you have caught on to the Fight Pass Headliner idea, but not the FS1 Prelims. They're trying to keep you engaged for their whole 6-7 hour marathon of an event. They already know ppl will be tuning in for the Main Event or top 3-4 fights on a card.

Davis vs McMann will be absolute dog shit. They will either jab from mile away or McMann will lay on top of Davis doing nothing for 3 rounds.

I'm a big WMMA fan, but this is truth.

If these two are on a main card.... that card sucks.

Maynard doesn't get out grappled.

He gets knocked the fuck out.
giphy.gif

Sara and Alexis are both former title challengers not too far away from contention

Gray and Ryan with a win are still far away from a title shot, also is this fight at 145 lbs.?

I'm all for having wmma in the ufc, but still it doesn't change that 75-80% of the fights I've seen have been abysmal.

There are some interesting and talented fighters but the majority look atrocious imo (even fighters who are "elite" like Davis or McMann seem so bad

They're not all going to be "once ever" athletes.

hlwnVtP.gif

kafJGATmI1U1G.gif

A free card and TS is complaining about who is a prelim, and who is a main card fight.

Honestly, I'm not seeing the issue here. And I still wouldn't see it if it was a ppv. Do you watch all the fights on a card ? Or do you just watch the prelims, or just the main card ?

Silly.

stop-whining.gif

Is this a serious thread? McMann is the 7th ranked WBW and Davis, before leaving to have a baby, was top five.

Maynard is the 44th ranked FW, and Hall the 95th ranked LW according to fightmatrix. No brainer there.

I'm a big WMMA fan, but this is truth.

If these two are on a main card.... that card sucks.
You know me, I love WMMA too but this fight just screams of being a boring decision. Gonna put money on over 2.5

Last edited:
I actually think Maynard has a better chance than it seems.

Can anyone remind of what happened in the Yakovlev fight with Gray? Normally Gray can outwrestle anyone and only gets stopped by people who hit him hard in the head.
Hall does not hit hard at all. I think Gray avoids the sub and either GnP Hall out or gets a decision.

But I can't remember if Yakovlev outwrestled Grey or what his wrestling credentials are.

You understand both of these fights are on fs1 right

I'm actually really looking forward to seeing Davis' return, she's a fun fighter to watch and has a win over the current champ.

Can anyone remind of what happened in the Yakovlev fight with Gray? Normally Gray can outwrestle anyone and only gets stopped by people who hit him hard in the head.
Hall does not hit hard at all. I think Gray avoids the sub and either GnP Hall out or gets a decision.

But I can't remember if Yakovlev outwrestled Grey or what his wrestling credentials are.

1st round was quite even if I remember with a slight edge to Yakovlev, I believe he got a takedown and some time in top control but round could've gone either way

2nd round Yakovlev knocked Maynard down and beat him up for the rest of the round, 3rd round Maynard was getting tagged then got taken down and L&P'd for the rest of the round

Was a clear win for Yakovlev mainly due to the knockdown, even more the reason I think Maynard takes this as Ryan Hall isn't exactly packing steel for hands

1st round was quite even if I remember with a slight edge to Yakovlev, I believe he got a takedown and some time in top control but round could've gone either way

2nd round Yakovlev knocked Maynard down and beat him up for the rest of the round, 3rd round Maynard was getting tagged then got taken down and L&P'd for the rest of the round

Was a clear win for Yakovlev mainly due to the knockdown, even more the reason I think Maynard takes this as Ryan Hall isn't exactly packing steel for hands

Thanks! I was wondering if Gray's wrestling was as shot as his chin. But sounds like he got taken down and beat up b/c he got tagged on the feet first. I just remember Hall getting smothered by Saul on TUF. Ryan also doesn't seem extremely big or strong. I think Gray LnP to a decision.

Davis/McMann is a good match up. McMann has wrestling but Davis has an excellent ground game. She's a black belt in BJJ and JJJ. McMann might want to keep it standing where she has an advantage.

more excited for the Davis and Mcmann fight maynard just gets k.o or grapple till he survives a dec
I don't exactly see Hall as a KO artist and Grey is still a very good wrestler honestly this is kind of a bad matchup for Hall.

How is it 2016 and people still aren't picking up what the UFC is putting down? Main Card/Prelims on an all FS1 FN card is irrelevant, they're all televised and on the same station.

It seems like most of you have caught on to the Fight Pass Headliner idea, but not the FS1 Prelims. They're trying to keep you engaged for their whole 6-7 hour marathon of an event. They already know ppl will be tuning in for the Main Event or top 3-4 fights on a card.
Fox sports only broadcast the main card here, I have fight pass so no problem for me but for a lot of other guys here it is.

Back