So let me see if I understand the Mighty Mouse situation

Just trying to get that paper. Wait to see how it plays before you judge.

I don't think Mouse has a legitimate reason to turn this fight down. It's pretty clear he won't get paid millions for any fight that's immediately available to him, there aren't any flyweight contenders at the moment that would pose a greater challenge than TJ, and this is precisely the kind of victory that would cement his title reign and legacy as one of the best UFC champs ever. The fact that he doesn't seem remotely interested is problematic.

TJ Dillashaw is WILLING to make 125 for a title shot.

Everyone wants to see fight.

Mighty Mouse says nope / refuses / BS excuses.

Demetrious I am a fan of yours, you are P4P Top 10 All Time, but cut this BS. This is the fight to make.
I think MM would preferably fight the BW champ at BW it would do more for his legacy then having the number one contender from the higher weight class coming down to challenge you .
Also they prob won't be paying him anymore for this fight then he normally gets paid so no real incentive IMO .

Dillashaw is simultaneously the best contender and the biggest fight for Mighty Mouse. So he really doesn't have a legit reason to duck this fight. If he wants to become a draw, fights like this are what he needs.
MM wants to get paid like a draw, not to become one.

Demetrious I am a fan of yours, you are P4P Top 10 All Time, but cut this BS. This is the fight to make.
Please provide substantiation that MM said nope and had BS excuses. I can't find anything online to back up your claim.

I told everyone years back that the UFC would turn into Boxing when it became bigger, and here we are ladies and gentlemen.

All I will say is this, I don't mind Johnson/Dillashaw at 125lbs, but only if TJ is actually going to stay and defend it.

Cannot allow this to become another Featherweight division where the champion goes up because he can't make the weight anymore.

I don't get this exactly. If UFC wants to make MM vs TJ, can't they just go ahead and do it? I mean, I know MM can not sign the contract and whatever, but can't the UFC just strip him in that case?

They should threaten to do just that then see how quick he takes the fight.

He's been crying about wanting big fights and this and that, but he won't fight TJ, who actually has a name, and is instead focusing on...Ray Borg.

Please provide substantiation that MM said nope and had BS excuses. I can't find anything online to back up your claim.

Like someone said earlier; Johnson said ge doesn't feel Dillashaw deserves a title shot by skipping the queue - which is Borg right now. If you Google it, you'll find the quote/full response to him being cold on fighting Dillashaw.

If he is trying to play hardball, I don't think it will work. I could see the UFC offering him Dillashaw, him saying no, and then getting matched up with Borg.

I don't get this exactly. If UFC wants to make MM vs TJ, can't they just go ahead and do it? I mean, I know MM can not sign the contract and whatever, but can't the UFC just strip him in that case?

They should threaten to do just that then see how quick he takes the fight.

He's been crying about wanting big fights and this and that, but he won't fight TJ, who actually has a name, and is instead focusing on...Ray Borg.

I think it would be ridiculous if they stripped him for refusing to fight someone who has never fought in that weight class.

What seems to be apparent is, Dillashaw doesn't want to lose his title shot. The risk is always there that if he fights another 135er - though I can't think of someone as of now which would be an interesting fight - and loses, he probably loses his title shot.

It's similar to when Jackson and Evans did TUF - you had all that big build up and Jackson went off to do a movie. I'm sure Johnson said if he was to fight him, he wouldn't put his title on the line and maybe do it at a catch weight, but he doesn't interested at all.

That fight would be a PPV co-main or FN/FP headliner, imo. I don't think he'd get a huge pay out fighting Dillashaw for the title.

Doesn't matter who MM fights at 125, the biggest fight for MM is for him to move up to 135 and challenge for the belt.

Otherwise, how can MM ever be in the p4p discussion if he doesn't move up??

Yet another person who doesn't understand how p4p works.

I think it would be ridiculous if they stripped him for refusing to fight someone who has never fought in that weight class.

What seems to be apparent is, Dillashaw doesn't want to lose his title shot. The risk is always there that if he fights another 135er - though I can't think of someone as of now which would be an interesting fight - and loses, he probably loses his title shot.

It's similar to when Jackson and Evans did TUF - you had all that big build up and Jackson went off to do a movie. I'm sure Johnson said if he was to fight him, he wouldn't put his title on the line and maybe do it at a catch weight, but he doesn't interested at all.

That fight would be a PPV co-main or FN/FP headliner, imo. I don't think he'd get a huge pay out fighting Dillashaw for the title.

Yeah, look, I'm not saying TJ deserves a shot at FW over any other current FWs. He absolutely doesn't and that shit needs to stop.

I just don't get how it isn't up to the UFC in the end.

Mm is a joke anyways .. "men" that weigh less than females = gtfo .. He wants a 7 figure pay day yet he pulls this shit smh

MM is nothing but a...

Alison-Brie-Pussy.gif

Yeah, look, I'm not saying TJ deserves a shot at FW over any other current FWs. He absolutely doesn't and that shit needs to stop.

I just don't get how it isn't up to the UFC in the end.

Oh, I know you weren't saying that, but if they did strip Johnson of the title, the division would flat line. I think Dana will simply come out and say something along the lines of; 'we offered him Dillashaw, he didn't want to take it'

I suppose hypothetically they could strip him, but in regards to making them fight, Dillashaw is not in the division and if they did offer Johnson a big pay day to take it, I doubt Dillashaw would go up and down in weight. He looks gaunt even making 135.

I'd definitely watch a fight between them at a catch weight.

Just trying to get that paper. Wait to see how it plays before you judge.

I'm thinking the same thing. Alot of people here are quick to judge. Last fight MM wanted more money so I could see this right now him playing hard ball with ufc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back