So let me see if I understand the Mighty Mouse situation

SportsDoc

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
TJ Dillashaw is WILLING to make 125 for a title shot.

Everyone wants to see fight.

Mighty Mouse says nope / refuses / BS excuses.

Demetrious I am a fan of yours, you are P4P Top 10 All Time, but cut this BS. This is the fight to make.

I said it in another thread, I think champs are "learning" (not sure if it's good or bad, maybe good for them bad for us) that they can't just say yes to anything UFC wants and this is first step in him bargaining

I'd guess MM is trying to angle for more money since he's paid shit. Remember MM fought at 135 and fought for the belt and gave Cruz hell back when he was a part time fighter and not half the fighter he is today.

Dillashaw is simultaneously the best contender and the biggest fight for Mighty Mouse. So he really doesn't have a legit reason to duck this fight. If he wants to become a draw, fights like this are what he needs.

you honestly think MM is scared of TJ? Dude said he would fight anyone and only stated that TJ shouldnt jump over guys like Borg and JoeB since TJ has never fought at FLW. MM also has 2 dominant performances over a guy that TKOd TJ. Use logic man. He has won 11 straight title fights, he isnt scared of anyone. Theres still a damn good chance it happens.

Show MM the mun-aye, Dana. He's been begging for a "money fight" for awhile now. Not sure this qualifies as that but this is as good as its gonna get for MM as far as that goes.

I still don't understand why TJ is talking about 125. Isn't he supposed to fight Cody?

Everyone wants to see fight.

I LOLed @ "Everyone"

haha

Most folks give two fux about EITHER of these manlets.

I actualy am a fan of MM, but T-snake I could not care less about tbh.

No offense but Dillashaw vs Mouse is not a big fight and it would be fine for a Fight Night main event and possibly a co-main on a PPV . its not a big fight in the scope of things. not a money fight. Mouse doesn't do well in ratings, we all know that... so he would need a guy who is super well liked and popular and Dillashaw is not that guy, when he has headlined PPV's it was garbage buys

Guessing MM posturing for negotiations. If you were him the defense record a nice marketable accomplishment which will help with promoting him in future fights even if he loses after securing record.

Fighting TJ risky and so would expect MM wants to get paid better before just rolling over and saying ok. The fight should be more promotable but if TJ were champ would be even more promotable.

UFC will decide what they think is best in this situation, MM does not have Conor's bargaining strength. So wait and see. MM playing hard to get helps build some PR in meantime since something to talk about.

LOL @ this faux outrage. The people demanding to see this fight are the same people who were saying Flyweight should be abolished two weeks ago.

This has become the newest excuse to shit on Johnson.

Doesn't matter who MM fights at 125, the biggest fight for MM is for him to move up to 135 and challenge for the belt.

Otherwise, how can MM ever be in the p4p discussion if he doesn't move up??

LOL @ this faux outrage. The people demanding to see this fight are the same people who were saying Flyweight should be abolished two weeks ago.

This has become the newest excuse to shit on Johnson.
Johnson is walking around saying hes the pound for pound best because he beat a bunch of tomato cans. Then a real contender calls him out for a fight at his own weight and he tells him he needs to wait in "line". There is no line at 125 its the weakest division by a landslide.

I'd rather see Frankie Edgar fight TJ than MM.

Hmmm weird I see only some fighters are allowed to pick and choose who they fight......interesting.

Iv lost so much respect for him. If he wants to be great time to start taking the hardest fights

I said it in another thread, I think champs are "learning" (not sure if it's good or bad, maybe good for them bad for us) that they can't just say yes to anything UFC wants and this is first step in him bargaining
UFC can just abolish the division if MM gets a bit too greedy.

Back