So, Jose Aldo vs. Max Holloway for Featherweight title. Who you got?

Max is at a point right now where you need to outpoint him to win. I don't think he backs away from Aldo like many of his opponents and his length gives him an advantage from mid-range, from where Aldo likes to explode.

Yeah, I was just thinking to myself "how would Edgar vs. max go down" the biggest take down threat max has faced was lamas, but to be honest Edgar's far better at getting the fight to the mat than Lamas. I wish we got to see this fight, but I guess they didn't want to risk Frankie potentially killing off new contenders.

Yeah, Frankhe's had a bunch of shots at the title, and the last thing they'd want is to have him knock off a young and talented contendor on his way up.

As of right now, I think Frankie would beat Max, since he's still a young guy, and probably hasn't reached his peak yet. I'd give him a year or 2, until he'd be ready and prepared to fight, and possibly beat a fighter as good as Edgar. Even then, I don't think he could beat a still very high level, Edgar. If Edgar's too old in a few years, I'd give Max a decent shot to beat him.

Aldo via leg kicks, jab, head movement, and body work.
Max is taller, but has an inch shorter reach. He's got some quickness, but not as explosive as Aldo.

I think Max now has confidence that he can beat anyone. We havent seen Aldo since he was put unconscious. Max also seems bigger.

Im going with Max via UD

LMAO ...fucking casuals

<{cruzshake}>

BTW: I see that every single poster discussing the matchup is talking about striking. Personally, I see Max as the perfect target for Aldo's reactive takedowns and ground game.

It's a hell of a choice. Aldo looked great against Frankie... but Halloway has been looking great & looked outstanding last night.

I'm going with Halloway

While I like everyone else lol'd at the Jose Waldo line, Max has nothing for Aldo.

Maybe if he had 1-shot power or something, but alas...

If Mustachio Aldo comes back its about to get crazy but I always said Max was a future champion back on like his 2nd fight.. so I gotta ride with the kid on this one. Aldo might have lost a little step and thats all Max needs he is fast

Max is at a point right now where you need to outpoint him to win. I don't think he backs away from Aldo like many of his opponents and his length gives him an advantage from mid-range, from where Aldo likes to explode.

Aldo likes when his opponents move forward--he likes to be the counter fighter.

I'd like to see Max as champ. He's fun to watch.

I would like Holloway to win. Maybe the Conor rematch would be there for Max if he wins.

BTW: I see that every single poster discussing the matchup is talking about striking. Personally, I see Max as the perfect target for Aldo's reactive takedowns and ground game.

I agree with this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
obrad
Back