So, Jose Aldo vs. Max Holloway for Featherweight title. Who you got?

Suddenly after Conor knocked out Aldo at the age of 28.5 in 10 seconds, his fans started to claim he past his prime. Aldo's still in his prime. He just had not faced a worthy opponent until Conor. Holloway is ofc not Conor but know that Aldo will be in trouble.

Frankie Edgar? Come on dude are you even trying?
What about Frankie Edgar? Still dining out on a good run in a different weight class six years ago? He sure as hell has done nothing at featherweight to deserve being discussed alongside Holloway and Aldo. He's not on their level. He's down there with Swanson/Lamas et al.

What about Frankie Edgar? Still dining out on a good run in a different weight class six years ago? He sure as hell has done nothing at featherweight to deserve being discussed alongside Holloway and Aldo. He's not on their level. He's down there with Swanson/Lamas et al.
The guy that KO'd Mendes and beat Swanson is down there with Swanson?

How can you comment in this topic if you not even watching aldo fights.... people still thinks aldos last fight was with Conor.

The guy that KO'd Mendes and beat Swanson is down there with Swanson?

He's from Ireland with Conor as his av. What do you expect? Until Conor beats them, they are no good bums, especially if Aldo beat them. When CM beats them, they become ATG champions capable of beating everyone else.

Standard trite fare really.

He's from Ireland with Conor as his av. What do you expect? Until Conor beats them, they are no good bums, especially if Aldo beat them. When CM beats them, they become ATG champions capable of beating everyone else.

Standard trite fare really.
Thread isn't about Conor and I didn't mention him. Seems like you're a little obsessed. How about actually making your own argument relevant to the discussion instead of commenting on my location and derailing the thread by obsessing over Conor.

Thread isn't about Conor and I didn't mention him. Seems like you're a little obsessed. How about actually making your own argument relevant to the discussion instead of commenting on my location and derailing the thread by obsessing over Conor.

lol...Weak as piss. You don't need to mention him. Like I said, you're one of these little underhanded guys that will big up someone who CM has beat while putting down a guy that he hasn't. You're just getting mad and defensive because your schtick is blindly obvious.

Edgar has beat many of the same top guys that Max has beat, yet you're slurping about Holloway and saying Edgar isn't even on the same level. Yeah...He basically beat exactly the same guys you chump. So you either have no idea what you're talking about, because unlike Max, Edgar has been an incredible champ and is still winning at the same top level as Max has only just started winning at recently, or, as evidenced by your av and location, you're one of the stale CM fans doing what you can for the GOAT on an internet forum. It's cool though.

Holloways best recent wins are: Swanson, Stephens, Oliveira, Pettis, and Lamas.
Edgars best recent FW wins are: Swanson, Stephens, Oliveira, Mendes, Faber and Penn if you want.

Swap out Pettis, who was essentially on a three fight losing streak, for Mendes and swap Faber or Penn for Lamas. Now explain how that puts Max on an entirely different level? The only difference other than that is that Max was fighting nobodies for years before that, apart from CM, while Edgar was fighting the very best in the sport and still is.

One has evolved and the other has not so ill go with Max via not being to stupid to play the game.
Maybe that's because Holloway was still green and has a lot of room to improve. Aldo was already at the highest level when he was consistently fighting the best. He already has elite striking and impeccable grappling defense so it's hard to see improvement elsewhere.

I think Max Holloway, with the way he has progressed can put on a very impressive performance against José. I would pick Max.

Aldo doesn't use his kicks nearly as often as he used to either, he hasn't for years now. WEC Aldo is gone. He's a very different fighter now and relies on his hands more these days. Not sure why he doesn't throw his kicks as often as he used to, but oh well I guess.
He doesn't have the finishing instinct like he did when he was a contender in the WEC but he still fights like he did against Faber. He relied on leg kicks against Lamas 4 fights ago. He just didn't use them against Mendes and Edgar because of the threat of their TDs.

lol...Weak as piss. You don't need to mention him. Like I said, you're one of these little underhanded guys that will big up someone who CM has beat while putting down a guy that he hasn't. You're just getting mad and defensive because your schtick is blindly obvious.

Edgar has beat many of the same top guys that Max has beat, yet you're slurping about Holloway and saying Edgar isn't even on the same level. Yeah...He basically beat exactly the same guys you chump. So you either have no idea what you're talking about, because unlike Max, Edgar has been an incredible champ and is still winning at the same top level as Max has only just started winning at recently, or, as evidenced by your av and location, you're one of the stale CM fans doing what you can for the GOAT on an internet forum. It's cool though.

Holloways best recent wins are: Swanson, Stephens, Oliveira, Pettis, and Lamas.
Edgars best recent FW wins are: Swanson, Stephens, Oliveira, Mendes, Faber and Penn if you want.

Swap out Pettis, who was essentially on a three fight losing streak, for Mendes and swap Faber or Penn for Lamas. Now explain how that puts Max on an entirely different level? The only difference other than that is that Max was fighting nobodies for years before that, apart from CM, while Edgar was fighting the very best in the sport and still is.
What a load of nonsense. You've tried to wedge Edgar into the discussion in a thread about the champion vs the interim champion, neither if which is Edgar. When someone calls you out for it, your answer is to come up with some kind of weird MMAth theory/attack another poster based off their location. And then you go on to do your best to convince people how awesome Edgar is.

Three interim champion ships and two actual championships have been awarded in the featherweight division in the last two years. That's five titles handed out and Edgar couldn't even win one of them. He's no more in the mix than Swanson or Lamas.

IIRC Aldo started significantly reducing the low kicks right after that motorcycle accident years ago, sometimes I wonder if something happened and he isn't capable of them anymore. But either way it doesn't really matter, Aldo's overall boxing is excellent and should not be underestimated.
That motorcycle accident happened in 2012 before his first fight with Edgar. He suffered minor injuries and he still used a lot of leg kicks early against Edgar and only stopped when Edgar was catching his kicks and taking him down.

Just watched Pettis Max fight... well i do no whypeople is really impressed with Halloway.. Pettis broke his hand in first round and he tried to counter with only 1 hand.. and lead with 1 hand , there was allot of moments when he can trow that right but he just couldn't.. in first round strikes was even, but in second hallowey got double and more than that in 3rd round. and besides that Pettis hand work is far from perfect and not even close to Aldos..

i think Aldo will take his 5 round unanimous as always.

I think Max Holloway, with the way he has progressed can put on a very impressive performance against José. I would pick Max.

I think he'll be a test for Aldo but I don't see him having the power to finish with 1 shot like Conor did and decision wise I think Aldo is likely to outwork him.

Pettis for me has clearly not been the same since the beating RDA handed him, the confidence to really go after people just isn't there anymore and honestly I think he wanted out of this fight by the 3rd.

To soon for me to speculate on outcome, depends on how healthy they get thru camp etc... Max really maturing so depends on how motivated Aldo is after the Sidelining from Conor's reign as the UFCs favorite. If Aldo uses his anger and frustration to want to make an example of Max as a comeback then could be a war. Max motivation there.

I think he'll be a test for Aldo but I don't see him having the power to finish with 1 shot like Conor did and decision wise I think Aldo is likely to outwork him.

Pettis for me has clearly not been the same since the beating RDA handed him, the confidence to really go after people just isn't there anymore and honestly I think he wanted out of this fight by the 3rd.

José's tempo and José's kicking game is the obstacle Max needs to deal with but I believe he can.

Pffft. Tough one to call.

I think Aldo's style will be grappling heavy. Holloway keeps coming forward and I think Aldo gets him down and possibly submits him. But who knows.

Suddenly after Conor knocked out Aldo at the age of 28.5 in 10 seconds, his fans started to claim he past his prime. Aldo's still in his prime. He just had not faced a worthy opponent until Conor. Holloway is ofc not Conor but know that Aldo will be in trouble.
What are you talking about? His haters and Conor fans were saying that his career was over and that Edgar would beat him. Not faced a worthy opponent? He consistently beat the best of the best in the division at the time when they fought. Aldo was already defending his belt when Conor was choked out by Duffy.

What a load of nonsense. You've tried to wedge Edgar into the discussion in a thread about the champion vs the interim champion, neither if which is Edgar. When someone calls you out for it, your answer is to come up with some kind of weird MMAth theory/attack another poster based off their location. And then you go on to do your best to convince people how awesome Edgar is.

Three interim champion ships and two actual championships have been awarded in the featherweight division in the last two years. That's five titles handed out and Edgar couldn't even win one of them. He's no more in the mix than Swanson or Lamas.

raw

Fuck me, this is bad lol...can't be bothered trying to follow the threads of your transparent BS. Anyway, wasted too much time already with you.

Deus Ex and Crawford/Molina calls.

Back