So I just got this 70 lb husky.

get a basset. They wont protect shit but will take over the bean bag you just bought.

I hate the way Imgur post pic.
test

It's because you're embedding as media, copy the image URL and embed as image. It's confusing on iPhone but if you're on the imgur page, hold down on the picture itself and then hit copy than paste in the image embed

Cute dog btw

tl2uRNZ_d.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you guys think of huskies in a hot climates? I always think they have to be really stinkin' hot seeing how they were bred for really cold climates.

Their double coat is a really good insulator so it works both ways, cool in heat and warm in the cold. But in hot climates, they can't cool down easily if they get worked up in exercise

Mine is fine in Southern California, as long as she has water and has a/c on when I'm home and running it anyways. She sleeps comfortably in the shade when I'm not home

A lot of people don't realize how their coats work and shave them, which can give the huskies heat exhaustion, their coat can block the sun but allow the cool air to travel through the undercoat, keeping them cooler than if you shave off their protective coat
healthy-coat.jpg

I have a 65 lb German Shepard mix thats only 8 months old she scares the shit out of people but shes a wimp in actuallity. Just really friendly
My GSD is 90 lbs and scares people too but he is such a bitch lol. Scared of his own shadow and if a little purse dog barks at him then he will whine. He feels big when he's out on the deck or in the house and thinks something can't get to him though so he's still somewhat of a good guard dog. His full bark sounds like a damn bull elephant.
XAgUOi4.jpg

It amazes me how strong he is. I'm about 190 so I've got 100 lbs on him and he can still drag me around on his leash if he really wants to.

lol if you think a husky is a dangerous dog.
Go home.

My neigbour in the countryside had 2 east-asian wolfhounds or Alabai.
The fookers weighed 180 lbs each. Now THAT is a big dog, not your husky pupper. Huskies are awesome, but not that imposing. Pics for reference.
43dfab697d9c.jpg

1479320328126088021.jpg
They're pussies though. My neighbor has 2 and his alpaca will kick the shit out of them if they get close.

Don't you go where the Huskies go and don't you eat that yellow snow.

They're pussies though. My neighbor has 2 and his alpaca will kick the shit out of them if they get close.
Let's be honest, that Alpaca would be UFC champ with 3 months training. Alpacas are badass.
Call+the+Cops.jpg

Me not an expert too, but even if it is, the breeds are close, I think. Most giant breeds stem from a common progenitor in Moloss war dog anyway.
Yup. Fairly closely related breeds. I'm not an expert either, btw.

I have a 65 lb German Shepard mix thats only 8 months old she scares the shit out of people but shes a wimp in actuallity. Just really friendly

My puppy Tempest just turned 12 weeks old and if a car drives by on the street... SHOOOOM! She breaks every land speed record ever for making it to the door! :)
b98fb8565365723.jpg

I love her though and she just loves people.

My puppy Tempest just turned 12 weeks old and if a car drives by on the street... SHOOOOM! She breaks every land speed record ever for making it to the door! :)
b98fb8565365723.jpg

Gorgeous! They're such goofy puppies!

Almost all he Huskys I've met have had sub par owners, so they sucked. Not a breed most people should have imo. Beautiful animals.

b98fb8565365723.jpg

That's an adorable puppy!

My dog doesn't run to the door everytime but she loves sitting by the fence and watching traffic and people go by. She smiles and wags her tail when people stop to acknowledge her

I always wonder what goes through their head when they go to "defend" your house like that lol

Almost all he Huskys I've met have had sub par owners, so they sucked. Not a breed most people should have imo. Beautiful animals.

they dont really train the same way in my experience. i was lucky that the owner of her parents (my pup was an accident, he isnt a breeder or trying to breed them) explained it to me

dogs are reward motivated, but most dogs can be motivated by treats for training. like if i told my golden to sit and gave her a treat every time, she would sit for anyone, in hopes that she would get a treat

huskies are more approval motivated and they only care about approval from those they "respect" as an alpha or higher up the hierarchy. they also will stubbornly battle you over who gets to be the boss. so its much harder to bribe good behavior with treats than other breeds that ive had, i couldnt get her to listen to my ex that way. however my husky is extremely responsive and well behaved for me, and doesnt expect anything in return, just happy that im happy

so it is an amazing dog for an experienced owner but yeah i agree, they get really bad with subpar owners. i love my dog but i wouldnt recommend huskies to most people

Welcome to the club! But how are you against huskies if you've bred them?

70-100 lbs is enormous for a husky, they normally only weigh 35-60 lbs unless they're fat....

HXcBbQR.jpg

Yes, they're nomadic so they often don't really understand territory or that you "own" an area etc. that's one of the reasons they escape your yard all the time and get separation anxiety (they don't realize you're coming home because if you get lost from a nomadic pack, they don't come back for you)
I liked this post but felt that wasn't enough. Excellent breakdown.<seedat>

It was one of my pups that I sold a year ago. The girl is moving into a condo and thought he should go back to us. But the thing I was most wanting to post about, was that this is a BIG dog. He will likely be closer to 100 lbs when his frame fills out. But even right now, no man would be a match for this dog. It makes me curious as to why people want bigger dogs for guard dogs or for a presence. It seems like over kill and maybe a bit dangerous.

Can we see some photos of your puppy?

My GSD is 90 lbs and scares people too but he is such a bitch lol. Scared of his own shadow and if a little purse dog barks at him then he will whine. He feels big when he's out on the deck or in the house and thinks something can't get to him though so he's still somewhat of a good guard dog. His full bark sounds like a damn bull elephant.
XAgUOi4.jpg

It amazes me how strong he is. I'm about 190 so I've got 100 lbs on him and he can still drag me around on his leash if he really wants to.
Beautiful dog man. Mine is a white shepard german shepard mix. She was one of two white ones in the litter. I havent been able to upload photos from my phone since i last updated it but she looks just like this.
images-118.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back