So, How Is Jon Jones Testing Clean After The Positive Test Post-UFC 214?

Because they did blood tests. The Turbinol only shows up in urine tests.

just cuz u dont know how things work doesnt mean its fuzzy. But I appreciate ur wanting to educate urself.
You are right. However, I am not fuzzy about the basic science. I am fuzzy about USADA's approach. They seem like witch hunters to me. If they come to your house and find a doll, that is it, you are a witch. If you are not, then prove it to us. LOL

Jones either needs to follow the cycles better or get better PEDs. I know you guys are thinking "just don't dope" but that's ridiculous. Fuck even Dana and Lorenzo juiced.
Lorenzo and Dana don’t get tested

50600178.jpg
50600178.jpg

Sometime my poo is brown and sometime it is dark green.

Because they did blood tests. The Turbinol only shows up in urine tests.
How do you know that the recent tests were not blood and urine?

I will bet they did both. If somebody tested positive for a substance that only shows up in urine, you bet I will test the urine again, on his next test. That is just intelligent sense.

All the expert biochemists and endocrinologists have been saying that Turinabol can be detected in the urine for several months.

The guy gets tested pre-UFC 214 and all the samples are clean, the fight night sample is dirty, and now all the other samples are clean again.

USADA needs to match all the dirty samples with the current T/E ratio and previous T/E ratio of the fighter. If the point of all this doping is to increase exogenous testosterone, then should the T/E ratio be elevated with a dirty sample?

Some people will say, "you can use masking agents to fudge the T/E ratio." Fine, should the testosterone level be elevated compared to previous level when the athlete tested negative?

The science behind USADA seems fuzzy to me. I wish we had somebody who is a trained scientist explain it to us. The bro-pseudoscientists don't know what they are talking about, and I doubt Novitzky is an expert in biochemistry and neuro-endocrinology.

its pretty simple

UFC 214 was in July, his positive sample was from July 28th

Its now fucking October (his latest sample was collected around October 11th)

I dont know if you do calendar's where you are from but July to October is 3 months

The Turinabol detection window is not set in stone, its weeks, maybe months.. Daniel Eichner at SMRTL estimated the new detection window at about 30-60 days... (his estimate is "weeks, perhaps months in some circumstances).

“the window of detection has moved out to, typically, several weeks, and in some rare circumstances up to months after administration” – Daniel Eichner (Head of SMRTL) – 2016

Don Catlin says 40-50 days (its m3 metabolite btw, Catlin got the number wrong)

In the last several years, a new long-term metabolite, referred to as the M4 metabolite, was identified that increases the window of detection to at least 40-50 days, perhaps longer - Don Catlin

Rodchenkov creator of the test said 6 months but he is most certainly exaggerating

The new test increased the window of detection from days to “six months or more” – Grigory Rodchenko

So, if he took the Turinabol somewhere between July 8th (his previous clean test) and July 28th (his positive test), then if we go on Eichner/Catlins estimations and say 60 days, it would have cleared his system somewhere between Sept 6th and September 26th

So yes, a sample collected on 11th October would be clean

Last edited:

I will bet they did both. If somebody tested positive for a substance that only shows up in urine, you bet I will test the urine again, on his next test. That is just intelligent sense.

his most recent test session was a single sample collection so it was most certainly urine only

The samples were taken with in a day or so of each other. They did it have the failed results yet when they obtained the post fight sample so they did not know the first urine test had a banned substance.

As for how I know the blood/urine.... all in this article:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...fc-214-drug-test-24-hours-after-positive-test
And for the TLDR crowd:

Not my point. They are pro PEDs so even though they brought in USASA they clearly don't have a problem with drug users
On a personal level obviously not. But as far as legitimizing the sport they were captaining, they thought it would make MMA appear clean and more professional.

It went with the new face of the UFC, uniforms, doing away with tacky sponsor banners and cluttered shorts, and strict drug testing.

Back