So Gordon Ryan is openly admitting steroid use ?

Taking low TRT doses when at healthy levels seems super stupid to me. It's a substantial risk with a slim reward like at least the guys taking normal doses can get jacked as fuck.

I'm not saying he's clean. I don't think he is.
But to say he's admitting juicing from that post shows a hell of a lack of reading comprehension.
I'm not your fucking English teacher. Get someone else to figure it out for you. Good grief.
I'm glad it's not just me lol

He has no takedowns so he can't be considered the best sub wrestler of all time imo and he never did MMA so he never tested his skills to see if they translate.

I think we usually get along on f12, but I think your bias is hurting you. He recently took down Gaudio. He rolled Keenan into a mounted guillotine. He’s taken down more than a few. I mentioned those as my most memorable.

Just because a guy pulls guard as a strategy doesn’t mean they don’t have takedowns. When you’re a complete grappler, you know when to pull guard and when to go for a takedown. My first crew I grappled with were judo, sambo, and wrestling guys who adopted Bjj later. And even they would pull guard sometimes.

I don’t like Gordon as a person. And roids are definitely an unfair advantage in terms of strength and endurance. But his technique is still undeniable.

Marcelo is my goat forever. Followed by Roger. But Gordon has earned his spot in the goat conversation. These days, I study him more than Marcelo.

He is extremely good don't get me wrong.
If by 'nogi' you mean the very new and young sport which is hybrid of BJJ and submission wrestling then he is the best so far. It isn't saying that much at this point to be honest, the sport has so few really competing at the top level until recent years. There's plenty of time for him to both lose and be surpassed. Especially since he admits to having a fake juice body.

He has no takedowns so he can't be considered the best sub wrestler of all time imo and he never did MMA so he never tested his skills to see if they translate.
Get a load of this fucking stupid bullshit lmao

Funniest gordon thing was him arguing with a doctor online, I think it was instagram, and the doctor was telling him all of the dangers of steroids. Gordon with his jr. high education was going on about how he knew more, etc.

Then like a week later he pulls out of the Pena fight because he was shitting his pants and having stomach issues.

*They blamed it on antibiotics. Either way that amount of roids is not good for you.

Honestly I've found every niche sport to be full of maniacs.

Pro climbers and kayakers can be absolutely nuts.
I have trained with elite tri-athletes they are also super crazy, they are obsessed with time and improving every little thing.

All super intense people

If you believe that your competitors take steroids and do not feel safe doing it then simply don't compete. Everybody in the sport is not on steroids and the same goes for every sport out there IMO.
Imo, UFC under USADA was the only sport I've seen that was mostly clean. Idk how people can look at the differences in guy's physiques in PRIDE and pre-USADA era UFC and deny the major effect. The few outliers that are still crazy jacked are all suspect to accusations now FOR this reason. (Also add in EPO accusations, but I think those are overblown.)

I could be wrong but it seemed like USADA was too hard to beat. The UFC arguably still had a steroid problem in guys who (quite obviously) juiced before coming over. And there are stories of regions where USADA had trouble accessing for random tests. But it was the best and I'm sad it's gone.

The ideal MMA org would be UFC under USADA with Pride rules and elbows.

Imo, UFC under USADA was the only sport I've seen that was mostly clean. Idk how people can look at the differences in guy's physiques in PRIDE and pre-USADA era UFC and deny the major effect. The few outliers that are still crazy jacked are all suspect to accusations now FOR this reason. (Also add in EPO accusations, but I think those are overblown.)

I could be wrong but it seemed like USADA was too hard to beat. The UFC arguably still had a steroid problem in guys who (quite obviously) juiced before coming over. And there are stories of regions where USADA had trouble accessing for random tests. But it was the best and I'm sad it's gone.

The ideal MMA org would be UFC under USADA with Pride rules and elbows.
I heard Jorge Masvidal complain about how they would just show up at irregular times to test.

If fighters are complaining on how annoying USADA is, then they must be doing something right.

I do get the fighter's need more respect especially when cutting weight but it just goes to show how difficult it is for USADA to catch someone.

I heard Jorge Masvidal complain about how they would just show up at irregular times to test.

If fighters are complaining on how annoying USADA is, then they must be doing something right.

I do get the fighter's need more respect especially when cutting weight but it just goes to show how difficult it is for USADA to catch someone.
USADA was disrespectful IMO. They tested Volk the day of his 2nd Max fight at freakin 5AM

Volk said he had to chomp on melatonin tabs to try to sleep back and couldn't so he felt groggy during the fight. It's absolutely insane that they're allowed to do stuff like this. Sounds like zealots to me.

USADA was disrespectful IMO. They tested Volk the day of his 2nd Max fight at freakin 5AM

Volk said he had to chomp on melatonin tabs to try to sleep back and couldn't so he felt groggy during the fight. It's absolutely insane that they're allowed to do stuff like this. Sounds like zealots to me.

The USADA people are just pieces of shit. They literally allowed Jon Jones to fight *on* steroids.
Waking up athletes early forces the to take PEDs to perform at a not shit level.

Am I late to the party or something? We all know he's been on the juice for years it's no secret but since when is he openly admitting to taking it ? Is it the first time or is ite coming out of hibernation ? Seems way to casual about it

He’s been probably the most open grappler on steroids that I can remember. Podcasts interviews etc always admits to it, it’d be more interesting if he said what he takes exactly

He’s been probably the most open grappler on steroids that I can remember. Podcasts interviews etc always admits to it, it’d be more interesting if he said what he takes exactly
Can you share the interview where he admits to doing steroids?

I have heard a few interviews were he talks about how steroids are not illegal and how steroids are not being done by original DDS squad "to a certain extent". I agree he does not deny it but he never admits.

Can you share the interview where he admits to doing steroids?

I have heard a few interviews were he talks about how steroids are not illegal and how steroids are not being done by original DDS squad "to a certain extent". I agree he does not deny it but he never admits.

He was posting that some doctor prescribed him some anabolic roids for the stomache problems.

Seriously they allowed Jones to fight with metabolites of Turinoabol in his system. Their standards weren't consistent
They are not good people. The whole scheme where they give lower sentences for retarded stories how it was accidental etc. is also a disgrace.
It's a circus act for a super low iq public who belives in "tained supplements", that only the soviets where doping and that the athletes are mostly clean while people like Nicky Rod and The Liver King are natural and the only some select evil cheaters take some steroids.

Are we really justifying cheating with the logic “everyone does it?”
TBH I think that is fair to say everyone does it.

A friend of mine played baseball during the steroid era and played half a season with the cubs. He admitted later he did steroids because he said everyone was doing it. It was open and it was clear those who were not juicing were not playing. His million dollar contract was based on him being on the field. Non steroid players complained but complaining does not get you a a pyacheck.

If in your career everyone is working with a tool that was not blocked by the league why not do it as well.

ADCC does not block steroids and I do agree that doing steroids is wrong and should be penalized but clearly ADCC does not want to.

Back