So Gordon Ryan is openly admitting steroid use ?

In a perfect world for MMA the steroids would be supllied and monitors by doctors and the UFC performance institute.
It's not a sport you should do natty. Used to train at a gym with an mma program and one guys wasn't taking roids and ended up damaging his hormones the most from the weight cuts.

For BJJ you can compete at even a high levels clean, as you don't need to cut weight and getting technical is way more important than getting jacked.
This is stupid. WHy should young, up and coming MMA fighters have to choose to take steroids to compete?

If nobody uses steroids, it's a non issue and everyone can just recover the same.

I'd rather super strict testing and lifetime bans.

Forgive me if I'm being Captain Obvious, but this a load of horseshit.

1) he's not the best looking human to have ever existed. Gordon is no Akiyama.

2) maintaining size through sickness is not a matter of how juiced you were or weren't or whether your pre sickness physique was "real" enough. It's a matter of how sick you were and what was happening.

If a guy went from 235 to 165 after nearly dying from covid and spending four months in the ICU his loss of mass really has fuck all to do with his training prior to nearly dying of covid. People dying from cancer, AIDS, or other severe health issues can lose weight like a motherfucker regardless of how "real" their muscles were previously.

If Gordon has something technical to say about sport jiu jitsu I'll listen, I find him to be a much better teacher of John Danaher's system than John himself because he can stay on topic and get to the point.

But outside of his area of expertise, Gordon has habitually proven that he is no more knowledgeable on a wide variety of non jiu jitsu topics than any other high school dropout.
He speaks like Danaher but is actually succinct.

Everything else that comes out of his mouth, will be stuff that he looks back on in 20 years and he will cringe.

It's a sport filled with juicers. It's no different than MMA, NFL or the Olympics. I don't care at this point. I accepted it.

This is stupid. WHy should young, up and coming MMA fighters have to choose to take steroids to compete?

If nobody uses steroids, it's a non issue and everyone can just recover the same.

I'd rather super strict testing and lifetime bans.

They fighters love the roids. They aren't being forced to take them to compete but the tests are an attempt to make them stop doing what they want.
Roids are fun to take and MMA is not a sport if you are worried about longer term health consequences.
From guys I trained with it in the whole MMA team only one guy didn't take it even when fighting in untested orgs (KSW) and he fucked up his hormones the worst from the weight cutting natty, and was considering maybe roiding up at some point for health reasons.

If you believe that your competitors take steroids and do not feel safe doing it then simply don't compete. Everybody in the sport is not on steroids and the same goes for every sport out there IMO.

Funny that he is admitting he loses so much weight because he hasn't built 'real muscle'.
That's a mental weakness he compensates for with steroids.

I agree with those who are pointing out its  way too early to be considering this guy the best Eva at nogi or some shit...he will lose, and his confidence it seems is partly based upon the juice.

To be be at Ricksons level he needed to stick to the Gracie diet.
Gracie diet....eating Marios :)
tumblr_nn22oluE1u1tx8dnyo2_250.gif

There are plenty who are clean but just as many who aren't. Problem is we don't test enough to know
Do you think testing will catch even 50% of the PED users?

Since 1968 to 2020 there have been 422 athletes who got caught doping by failing a test.

I got that from this source: https://www.statista.com/statistics...otal, there have been,Games from 1968 to 2020.

Russian athletes got caught because of a scandal not because the tests work. The whole premise of the movie Icarus is that doping tests failed to catch doping violators.

Lance Armstrong passed almost every test but he got exposed by a teammate.

Most baseball users got outed vs caught by a doping test.

It is pretty clear Conor is doing steroids but I doubt he will be caught.

I think ADCC is doing the right thing by not testing. Some will do steroids some won't but unless you have UFC funds unlikely you can run a strong enough anti-doping program.

The only way is for a surprise ADCC announcement the day of the tournament saying "Hey we are testing"

They fighters love the roids. They aren't being forced to take them to compete but the tests are an attempt to make them stop doing what they want.
Roids are fun to take and MMA is not a sport if you are worried about longer term health consequences.
From guys I trained with it in the whole MMA team only one guy didn't take it even when fighting in untested orgs (KSW) and he fucked up his hormones the worst from the weight cutting natty, and was considering maybe roiding up at some point for health reasons.
They are on steroids because they need them to compete because of concerns about what others are using. A gross generalization like "Fighter love roids" is just stupid.

Not everyone wants to add the potetnial issues that come with steroid use. Ever think it's maybe just the group of people you trained with that were that way inclined? I have trained at gyms where steroid use is encouraged(hookup within the gym) and gyms were you won't be welcome if you use and my current gym which has some people that use, but they are the minority.

I lean into the use of certain PEDs for recovery, but running a performance PED cycle wouldn't even cross my mind. I haven't bothered myself even with some major injuries.

I don't believe the entire UFC is riddled with PED use in the current climate. I know of plenty of guys that don't use.

Craig posted his cycle on instagram.

Great look for the sport lol.

Are we really justifying cheating with the logic “everyone does it?”
seriously, it's shocking how childish grown people are with this shit.

only a fool would think PEDs aren't rampant in professional sports. but how infantile is it to just justify it all together with this horseshit?

Do you think testing will catch even 50% of the PED users?

Since 1968 to 2020 there have been 422 athletes who got caught doping by failing a test.

I got that from this source: https://www.statista.com/statistics/1288709/positive-doping-cases-olympic-games/#:~:text=In total, there have been,Games from 1968 to 2020.

Russian athletes got caught because of a scandal not because the tests work. The whole premise of the movie Icarus is that doping tests failed to catch doping violators.

Lance Armstrong passed almost every test but he got exposed by a teammate.

Most baseball users got outed vs caught by a doping test.

It is pretty clear Conor is doing steroids but I doubt he will be caught.

I think ADCC is doing the right thing by not testing. Some will do steroids some won't but unless you have UFC funds unlikely you can run a strong enough anti-doping program.

The only way is for a surprise ADCC announcement the day of the tournament saying "Hey we are testing"

The testing agency was corrupt in Russia's case. They didn't pass the tests, the test agency was manipulating the tests.

Armstrong failed multiple tests, he just got caught later.
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...r-drugs-tests-in-1999-uci-admits-8577491.html
Testing was more stringent after.

Conor left the testing pool to use. I wonder if he will "pulse".

He’s as clean as Lebron, The Rock, Jose Canseco, and Mike O’hearn.

The testing agency was corrupt in Russia's case. They didn't pass the tests, the test agency was manipulating the tests.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...r-drugs-tests-in-1999-uci-admits-8577491.html

Talking about pulsing. Is Jon Jones the only athlete to be allowed to compete by a drug testing agency with recognized banned substances in his blood because he was "pulsing metabolites" ?

Fair enough the testing agency was corrupt but I think the same agency that tested Karl Lewis also ignore his false test.

Armstrong got caught after he got outed, not to say some people where not questioning his tests but he would not have gotten caught if he had not been such a dick.

Conor will also probably get away with it because he has some "help".

Talking about pulsing. Is Jon Jones the only athlete to be allowed to compete by a drug testing agency with recognized banned substances in his blood because he was "pulsing metabolites" ?
Within MMA? Yeah he is the only example I know of with a fighter being allowed to compete like that because pulsing... There were some college level athletes around that era that had similar issues, but from memory they admitted to using and it took about 6 months to clear up. Jones apparently ingested so much of a PED by "accident" that he could never be guaranteed to test negative... The dude should have been banned for life or at the very least tested daily until he went negative for a 3 month period.

We will just ignore the fact that Jackson WInk had people popping all the time around that era and Jones brother also popped in the NFL for the exact same substance.

Fair enough the testing agency was corrupt but I think the same agency that tested Karl Lewis also ignore his false test.

Armstrong got caught after he got outed, not to say some people where not questioning his tests but he would not have gotten caught if he had not been such a dick.

Conor will also probably get away with it because he has some "help".
The Russian USADA actively stored alternate pee samples, had a hole in the lab and tampered with "tamper" proof bottles and eventually got caught.

Lance got away with it because his tests were similar to all the other top competition. They suspected him the entire time, but weren't able to prove it until they advanced the testing. On the simplest level he was just better at blood doping than all the other blood dopers around that time. They famously went back and basically had to get to something like 14th place to find someone who wasn't as doped up as him upon retesting. SUre he got away with it at the time and athletes have, but plenty eventually get caught and stripped of medals.

Just letting people dope isn't the way to go, making it so doping carries a harsher penalty is. For some reason we have all these athletes who magically get "tainted supplements" all the time. The UFC even provides them with a decent and tested brand, with plenty of companies offering guaranteed testing.

Somehow we still get guys like Bobby Green, buying stuff from "Walmart"... Why is a pro fighter taking some random banned supplement when he doesn't even know what it is does from a Youtube video? It's because it masks the use of other PEDs and gives him an out, when his tests show up weird.

Conor did what Silva did and used PEDs to repair his leg. He left the testing pool to do that. USADA were sticking to their guns and making him sit out the mandatory period. UFC needed a big PPV and want to skip that mandatory period. I am ok with PED use to recover from a major injury like that, provided they sit out that period. The new testing agency is also making COnor wait, so I don't understand why they didn;t just stay with USADA.

Within MMA? Yeah he is the only example I know of with a fighter being allowed to compete like that because pulsing... There were some college level athletes around that era that had similar issues, but from memory they admitted to using and it took about 6 months to clear up. Jones apparently ingested so much of a PED by "accident" that he could never be guaranteed to test negative... The dude should have been banned for life or at the very least tested daily until he went negative for a 3 month period.

We will just ignore the fact that Jackson WInk had people popping all the time around that era and Jones brother also popped in the NFL for the exact same substance.
don't even get me started on all the jon jones horseshit.

the motherfucker was caught , and an arbiter decided that it was due to unintentional ingestion, so his suspension was shortened. jones did not provide any evidence of that, other than being interviewed by the arbiter.

next, he gets busted again, and they shorten his suspension yet again, because this time he snitched on someone. mind you, he was the fucking champion at the time. unless he snitched on dana white's tax returns being fraudulent, it's the dumbest reason anyone's been given a deal in the history of fucking deals. he's the guy, who the fuck can he snitch on? some prelims fighter nobody gives a fuck about?

but of course, he pisses hot again. this is embarrassing, we better pull out some new pseudoscience to cover his ass. he's just pulsing, everybody, it's perfectly fine. it's just a pinch of salt in an olympic swimming pool. it's just a few pictograms. that dipshit novitzky actually had the balls to explain in an interview that jones is the first known example in history to have this pulsing effect, it's completely uncharted territory and they have no idea what's going on.

if only there could be a simpler explanation for a piece of shit cheater that's been busted several times before...

Back