So Gina can make 145 but Ronda, Holm and Miesha can't???

Nope.
8951.jpg
C'mon dude she's good for her size but she would get crushed. I wouldn't even want to watch that fight.

So you'd feel perfectly fine as a big fan of Women's MMA to never see Cyborg/Rousey or Cyborg/Holm or Cyborg/Tate if they can't agree over 4lbs?

I have no idea where you are getting that idea, but to clarify my thoughts, here is a statement I made in a post that you quoted:
I'd love to see her fight Rousey or Holm, both of which are intriguing match ups

You don't have to hate Cyborg to criticize her. You don't have to be a Ronda white knight to criticize Cyborg. I like watching Cyborg fight. I'd be quite enthusiastic if she dropped to bantamweight.

But I stand by my contentions that a) her resume is very thin for the kind of accolades some are heaping upon her, and b) she needs to make 135 if she wants to fight all the top bantamweights.

C'mon dude she's good for her size but she would get crushed. I wouldn't even want to watch that fight.

I didn't mean she would beat her in a fight, I mean she's a better fighter. She's the Champ of a more competitive division, she's more technical and has better cardio.

Cyborg crushes her opponents, but her kickboxing fight with Jorina Baars showed she's not near the best female striker.

I didn't mean she would beat her in a fight, I mean she's a better fighter. She's the Champ of a more competitive division, she's more technical and has better cardio.

Cyborg crushes her opponents, but her kickboxing fight with Jorina Baars showed she's not near the best female striker.

That fight really had no bearing on her mma career.Just cos she is a good muay thai fighter in mma doesnt mean she can go and destroy undefeated muay thai world champions who live and breathe straight muay thai. She was outclassed,and nontheless gave a good account of herself. There are hardly any fighters in WMMA who can present the same problems Baars did to Cyborg.

I have no idea where you are getting that idea, but to clarify my thoughts, here is a statement I made in a post that you quoted:

You don't have to hate Cyborg to criticize her. You don't have to be a Ronda white knight to criticize Cyborg. I like watching Cyborg fight. I'd be quite enthusiastic if she dropped to bantamweight.

But I stand by my contentions that a) her resume is very thin for the kind of accolades some are heaping upon her, and b) she needs to make 135 if she wants to fight all the top bantamweights.
sigh.gif

Miesha barely made 135. She isn't getting anywhere near 125.

Fighters can fight at whatever weight class they want. If you can make the weight, fight there.

They are under no obligation to fight out of their weight classes.

That said, if you want the big pay day, you better move to 145 and fight Cyborg

Did you ever think of the other side ???

Maybe Ronda and Miesha and cutting too much to have advantage over smaller girls... look how much bigger Holm is than Tate,
31DEBF8D00000578-3477661-image-m-20_1457141265934.jpg
I love hollys hair

i love how this thread is 80% about TS being a model and not the thread topic

TS right now:

<18>

That fight really had no bearing on her mma career.Just cos she is a good muay thai fighter in mma doesnt mean she can go and destroy undefeated muay thai world champions who live and breathe straight muay thai. She was outclassed,and nontheless gave a good account of herself. There are hardly any fighters in WMMA who can present the same problems Baars did to Cyborg.

Sorry but that was just the only example I can find of Cyborg fighting a good striker since she fought Gina half a decade ago.

I just don't think Cyborg is as skilled a fighter as Joanna. Joanna doesn't have the power to crush girls the way Cyborg does. However, she also doesn't have the luxury of crushing the caliber of fighters Cyborg has had.

Sorry but that was just the only example I can find of Cyborg fighting a good striker since she fought Gina half a decade ago.

I just don't think Cyborg is as skilled a fighter as Joanna. Joanna just doesn't have the power to crush girls the way Cyborg does. However, she also doesn't have the luxury of crushing the caliber of fighters Cyborg has had.

I dont think she is as skilled as Joanna either,but i figure thats a given. Alot of Cyborgs ovary huggers are only concerned with the people that she could possibly fight,like the women at 135 who should have to move up to face her in the bum division she helped destroy,for some reason.

So you'd feel perfectly fine as a big fan of Women's MMA to never see Cyborg/Rousey or Cyborg/Holm or Cyborg/Tate if they can't agree over 4lbs?
Cyborg seems fine with it.

Shes a millionaire and celebrity/entertainer.
I trust your not dumb enough to actually believe that.

Of course I don't literally believe it but it is what she literally said and you don't see any other sport where it's ok for the athletes to threaten to kill their fans with no repercussions from their management and Im not even a Rhonda hater but comments like those make it hard to defend her.

Hopefully the new management will come w better policies for conduct like the NFL so the sport expands.

Though I agree there is no doubt that these girls are not pushing the envelope to go and fight Cyborg, the UFC can't really 'push' that issue itself. Moving up a weight class to fight bigger competition is not under the jurisdiction of the UFC match makers. If any of these girls wanted to fight Cyborg they would have to make that there own decision. Despite them all likely being in range of that weight, and it probably rather easy to attain in a short amount of time for the likes of Holm and Rousey, fact is they don't 'have' to , so they wont. Moving up to fight the bigger person doesnt always give you the accolades you had hoped for. Sadly for Cyborg, if Ronda and Holm moved up to fight her, and got pure busted, ppl wouldn't give her much credence...that's what was supposed to happen...

I totally agree that Cyborg is one of the greats of this age, and wish we could see her fight more often at a level of competition that could shock me. But she's just born at the wrong time, and is stuck in between weight divisions...forcing smaller girls to go up and fight her wont make her a super star. Dont get me wrong, beating Rousey would give her huge popularity, but it would be fleeting due to the circumstances...and because every girl would have to step UP to fight her...it's not her fault, shes a big strong girl, its just shitty there is no division tailor made for her.

Dana White has made plenty of comments pressuring fighters or saying they were ducking fights, or should have taken certain fights.

He's applying no pressure to the girls, nor is the UFC hype machine trying to amp up Cyborg, or recruit competition for her, even tho they pretty much have the GOAT female.

Why don't they sign all these 145rs she's fighting and promote her crushing them ???

And then there's also the fans... everyone was clamoring for GSP vs Silva, Jones to go up in weight, and how Conor's also too big for HW and you don't see that kind of fan pressure on any of the females.

Gina is bigger than those girls.

Second ... those girls are making big bucks fighting girls closer to their own size.

WHY should they take a fight against a much bigger fighter who will barely raise their pay?

Answer that question.

Because Cyborg is clearly bigger than they are if they can make 135lbs .... while Cyborg claims she cannot.

Well I disagree that Gina is bigger than Rhonda, and Holm is a lot taller, longer and bigger than Gina.

I think both RR HH could figh at Cyborg's class.

I just don't think Cyborg is as skilled a fighter as Joanna. Joanna doesn't have the power to crush girls the way Cyborg does. However, she also doesn't have the luxury of crushing the caliber of fighters Cyborg has had.
And Joanna isn't loaded up with male hormones.

Cyborg would destroy all these girls. Of course they don't want to fight her. You get your ass whooped, and it's not for a belt. Just not a smart career move for a contender.

I wish Gina would've made a comeback, I bet Dana would've made a women's 145 for her..... Sadly she would be the Urijah Faber of the weight class though.

I wish Gina would've made a comeback, I bet Dana would've made a women's 145 for her..... Sadly she would be the Urijah Faber of the weight class though.

Back