SNL writer suspended for Barron Trump tweet

Shocked SNL actually suspended her, We all know they hate Trump with a passion and have openly called Trump Supporters Nazis. I thought they would have given her a rise.

I hear what you're saying but when you follow a comedy writer on Twitter, you HAVE to know they're going to make jokes. That's all comedians and comedy writers do on their Twitters (aside from plugging their gigs).

So I gotta stand behind anyone who gets in trouble for making a joke. I hate SNL and I'm a Trump supporter but I'd be hypocritical of me to pick and choose who I'm going to back. I grew up listening to cringe humor with Howard Stern, Opie & Anthony, and a lot of the dirtiest comedians around, and to this day I still love that stuff. I've laughed at 100x worse, more horrific and offensive stuff than her joke.

And to be honest... her joke wasn't that bad! It wasn't a home run, but it was kind of cute.
Too easy of a cop out for a comedian to always throw down the "I'm just joking" card any time they say something that is stupid, truly offends others or is in truly bad taste as a means of trying to skirt by. That effectively means that they can't be held accountable for anything they say because they can always just say it was joke. If that's the case, then no one should be help accountable for what they say as it could always just be a joke. That includes someone like Trump or anyone else that you dislike. Either hold everyone to a standard or no one. I simply refuse to believe that comedians are 24hrs a day "on the job" and everything that comes out of their mouths are jokes.

I wonder how many people who are so offended by this are the same ones who had no problem calling the Obama children names?

Liberals vs a 10 year old boy. 10 year old boy would probably beat them in a debate.

The leftist scum are pathetic cowards. What is wrong with the left? Vandalism, sucker punches, male feminists punching conservative women, lighting people's hair on fire, verbally attacking 10-year old children. Disgusting. :mad:
You do realize the left makes the same sweeping generalizations as you. You guys are basically mirror images of each other. This is why the average American hates politics.

Hang them with their own rope. They created this world of being offended. Like that guy who slapped that woman's camera. That is such a huge controversy because liberals created an environment where that is an atrocity. You made your bed, sleep in it.

I wonder how many people who are so offended by this are the same ones who had no problem calling the Obama children names?
I don't know, how many examples can you think of of Obama's kids being shit on like that?

Stay classy 'Murica

m_JWqS.gif

Too easy of a cop out for a comedian to always throw down the "I'm just joking" card any time they say something that is stupid, truly offends others or is in truly bad taste as a means of trying to skirt by. That effectively means that they can't be held accountable for anything they say because they can always just say it was joke. If that's the case, then no one should be help accountable for what they say as it could always just be a joke. That includes someone like Trump or anyone else that you dislike. Either hold everyone to a standard or no one. I simply refuse to believe that comedians are 24hrs a day "on the job" and everything that comes out of their mouths are jokes.

Yeah they pretty much are "on the job" 24 hours a day because people expect nearly everything that comes out of their mouths to be funny.

You can't tell a comedian to be edgy and then get mad at them when they go overboard. They make you laugh by walking that tightrope to begin with so you can't be appalled when they slip with a joke or two.

I'm sure everyone here has laughed at the school shooter haircut memes or other random memes involving children. Yet for whatever reason this specific joke is just over the line even though I'm sure everyone here has laughed at something similar or worse. I thought it was mainly the liberals who were hypocrites about this kind of shit but apparently it's just stupid people in general.

Yeah they pretty much are "on the job" 24 hours a day because people expect nearly everything that comes out of their mouths to be funny.

You can't tell a comedian to be edgy and then get mad at them when they go overboard. They make you laugh by walking that tightrope to begin with so you can't be appalled when they slip with a joke or two.

I'm sure everyone here has laughed at the school shooter haircut memes or other random memes involving children. Yet for whatever reason this specific joke is just over the line even though I'm sure everyone here has laughed at something similar or worse. I thought it was mainly the liberals who were hypocrites about this kind of shit but apparently it's just stupid people in general.
I just expect everyone to be held to the same standards. Either we can all speak our minds without repercussions or no one can. I give no passes just because someone is a comedian.

Jokes against Donald are fine. Throwing out rape and murder jokes about a 10 year old is pretty sick.

Not everything is in the realm of good taste. Oh well. Poor kid had a bad joke made at his expense. If he can't handle this I wonder how he makes it through a school year.

Her joke was not funny.

Almost a little redundant in my mind. :D

Person in high profile said something stupid on social media and was discipled for it. Good. At least even SNL isn't complicit in this

LMFAO @ all these right wing pussies in there safe spaces.

Arn't you the same fuckers that don't believe in PC culture...that believe anything isn't off limits?

Then why are you cheering for a guy getting suspended for a stupid tweet(which trump does often).

The right wing pussies, are truly anti-Freedom of speech.

Go back to your safe spaces, pussies.

LMFAO @ all these right wing pussies in there safe spaces.

Arn't you the same fuckers that don't believe in PC culture...that believe anything isn't off limits?

Then why are you cheering for a guy getting suspended for a stupid tweet(which trump does often).

The right wing pussies, are truly anti-Freedom of speech.

Go back to your safe spaces, pussies.

Hang them with their own rope. They created this world of being offended. Like that guy who slapped that woman's camera. That is such a huge controversy because liberals created an environment where that is an atrocity. You made your bed, sleep in it.

Why are people so aggressive with Barron? He's just a boy. If he was the son of a Democrat he would be treated like a prince!!! I truly hope they protect Barron from this type of thing.

Good it was rather tasteless.

I can't recall much insults towards the Obama daughters which was a nice sigh of relief. However I remember as a kid Chelsea Clinton was put through the wringers.

I don't know, how many examples can you think of of Obama's kids being shit on like that?

A quick google search gave a few examples.

Glen Beck mocking the girls, insulting their level of education, and making some weird remarks that make it seem like they are confused to learn their dad is half-white and hates blacks, or something. None of it makes sense. They clearly have a warped sense of humor.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2010/05/28/glenn-beck-smears-obamas-11-year-old-daughter/165466

Some Republican staffer calling the girls "classless" and say they deserve a "spot at the bar" for how they dress. They dress fine.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/insulting-obama-daughters-costs-republican-staffer-her-job-1.2856116

Keep in mind, this was that goofy Thanksgiving thing when Obama pardons a turkey. A silly event that these girls attended 7 times.

"Try showing a little class," she wrote to Malia and Sasha. "At least respect the part you play. Then again your mother and father don't respect their positions very much, or the nation for that matter, so I'm guessing you're coming up a little short in the good role model department."

Lauten not only scolded the Obama daughters for looking bored, but for the way they were dressed.

"Dress like you deserve respect, not a spot at the bar," she wrote. "And certainly don't make faces during televised, public events."

The general public of course. You can find plenty of "Michelle looks like an ape" talk right here in the War Room. I bet if you searched you'd find some nasty things said about the daughters at some point. But the kids have never been off limits to people commenting on the internet (cowards).

http://www.diversityinc.com/news/malia-obama-fox-news/

It is all out of line. I don't really understand what anybody could have to gain by making fun of children. Baron is like 10 years old, any adult who talks shit about him deserves a good smack. But that is what politics does. It makes adults into immature children.

Last edited:
I'm glad she got suspended. People's children should be off limits.

I'm curious how the right wingers would have treated Chelsea Clinton if she had been a child during the social media age. I'm guessing not so good. Social media just gives too many people a platform to say dumb things. At least in the early 90's you needed your own radio/tv show to reach the masses.

Left leaning journalists/opinion writers collectively made an effort to forward the narrative that Chelsea was a beautiful (looks) young woman.

Back