SNL writer suspended for Barron Trump tweet

I just expect everyone to be held to the same standards. Either we can all speak our minds without repercussions or no one can. I give no passes just because someone is a comedian.

Louis CK can stand there on SNL and make pedophile jokes in his opener because it's his job.

If you're a telemarketer and you tell a customer a pedophile joke, it's a guarantee that you're going to get fired. Your jobs aren't even close to the same. He has the green light to talk about crude things while you don't.

Your line of thinking is very narrow minded and quite frankly it's just not how the world works, nor will it ever work that way. In fact, it's more than likely not even how you think either. I'm sure your best friend could make a joke about your mom, sister or whatever and you'd be ok with it but if some random stranger came up and said the same thing, you'd be ready for a fight.

It's not as black and white as saying we should all be held to the same standards because there are a ton of variables involved.

Louis CK can stand there on SNL and make pedophile jokes in his opener because it's his job.

If you're a telemarketer and you tell a customer a pedophile joke, it's a guarantee that you're going to get fired. Your jobs aren't even close to the same. He has the green light to talk about crude things while you don't.

Your line of thinking is very narrow minded and quite frankly it's just not how the world works, nor will it ever work that way. In fact, it's more than likely not even how you think either. I'm sure your best friend could make a joke about your mom, sister or whatever and you'd be ok with it but if some random stranger came up and said the same thing, you'd be ready for a fight.

It's not as black and white as saying we should all be held to the same standards because there are a ton of variables involved.
If Louis CK is on SNL telling jokes, you're right he's doing his job regardless of whether you think they're funny or not. If I'm a Telemarketer you're right, it's not my job to tell a pedophile joke or any joke for that matter. If the writer in trouble had written it as part of a skit for SNL, I'd have no problem. If they told it during a standup routine, I'd have no problem. If they wrote on a twitter feed where they are contantly "on the job", I'd have no problem. Where I have a problem is their twitter feed isn't considered part of their job if it's mostly personal posts unrelated to their job as a comedian. It's awfully convenient to say whatever the hell you want then claim "Oh it's just a joke, I'm a comedian" whenever you shove your foot in your mouth on something and get backlash. No one else enjoys that kinda of "Get out of crap I say" free card so I don't extend that privilege to comedians when they do so outside of standup or interviews where the expectation is they're "On" with the funny.

Like I said, if they want to put up a "Comedic" twitter and spout off then by all means, say what you want but don't post on a modern equivalent of your personal diary publicly then expect not to get backlash when you say stupid crap.

As for someone saying stuff about my mother to me, why would I care. They don't know her and I don't need to defend her honor over grade school crap. Now, someone disrespecting her to her face or putting their hands on her is another matter entirely.

I have no love whatsoever for the PC culture that has infected our nation. But unless it's within the narrow band of a specific "job", I believe everyone should be held to the same standards of accountability for their words and actions.

By all means, do away with PC culture and let everyone say whatever they want without repercussions. I'll stand by that, but don't tell me a comedian is always "on" and so is above reproach for what comes out of their mouths at any time, in any situation, and in any format.

By that logic, Kramer should have just been able to say his tirade was just a joke and everyone should have given him a pass.

LMFAO @ all these right wing pussies in there safe spaces.

Arn't you the same fuckers that don't believe in PC culture...that believe anything isn't off limits?

Then why are you cheering for a guy getting suspended for a stupid tweet(which trump does often).

The right wing pussies, are truly anti-Freedom of speech.

Go back to your safe spaces, pussies.
Weren't you the village idiot who challenged Connor to a fight in the fight discussion forums? You must have felt really brave in the safety of your mothers home, you black pussy

Arn't you the same fuckers that don't believe in PC culture...that believe anything isn't off limits?

Then why are you cheering for a guy getting suspended for a stupid tweet(which trump does often).

Like I said. Paraphrasing Karl Marx. We will hang them with their own rope.

When we go low, they go high. I am fuckin low. I am fuckin mean. I accept that. I know that. And people don;t like that. The left is supposed to be above neanderthals like me. I accept that I throw low blows. The left chooses love. All that shit. That's cool. But stick to it.

This whole fuckin election was about how mean Trump is. Maybe he is. But so is that SNL bitch.

And Michelle Obama actually has fuckin class and would never tweet that. She generally does stay high. She isn't a hypocrite.

Last edited:

I think kids have always been considered off limits, for the most part. Most often when kids are targeted, the response from the public is distaste.

Surprise, surprise- its the left once again doing something that most should consider distasteful.

I don't consider adults vulgarly attacking children a joke. Where is the comedic skill in cruel name calling?

Society needs limits and I think it is more than fair to draw the line at verbally attacking children. Unlike yourself, there are people who believe in limits and having decency.

The kid was the vehicle for the joke. Basically setting up the homeschool shooter punchline. She likely came up with the punchline first and worked backwards.

She didn't call him a little cunt, nothing was explicitly directed at the kid. She didn't say kill the fucker or anything terribly.

The issue here is posting jokes on twitter. Where context and delivery (two of the most important things) are often missed. I hear the jokes in my head, but granted I spend a few hours a day writing bits.

Also where is the skill in cruel name calling? Quite a bit actually. I can be downright fucking mean if I'm dealing with a heckler. Like brutally mean.

I'm also the main event for a roast battle coming up (I have to roast battle six or seven of the best comics in the city all back to back) bro you think her joke is mean....

Kind of on topic story about fucked up kid jokes.

The most vicious Ive ever seen was a joke about another comics missing kid. (There was a Chris Hansen crime watch episode about it)

"If you want to find _____ missing kid just check the trunk of his car" to be fair though.. She thought they had found his kid lol.

What I'm saying about all this is, the joke wasn't over the top offensive, she apologized, to get so fucking crybaby about it is ridiculous. Did you cry a hissy fit when you listened to Jeselnik the first time?

Also. Free speech and taking into account the process of joke writing, development, and the fact comedians do deserve leniency for these things.

It is all out of line. I don't really understand what anybody could have to gain by making fun of children. Baron is like 10 years old, any adult who talks shit about him deserves a good smack. But that is what politics does. It makes adults into immature children.

It also turns TV shows into completely predictable fecal matter.

Heres a bunch of "professionals" calling out Palin's 16 year old daughter as homophobic and illiterate over a Facebook post.

Grizzlies in training?

Willow Palin, the 16-year-old daughter of the former vice presidential candidate, went on a homophobic rant on Facebook this week to attack a user who ripped on her mom's new reality show, TMZ reported.

Willow quipped back, "Haha your so gay. I have no idea who you are, But what I've seen pictures of, your disgusting ... My sister had a kid and is still hot," referring to her 20-year-old sibling, Bristol.
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...ook-rant-defend-mom-tlc-show-article-1.454429

Willow Palin's Homophobic, Illiterate Facebook Remarks

Well, in defending the show on Facebook, her 16-year-old daughter Willow Palin told someone, "Your so gay" and "you such a [f word]."

The grammatical idiocy of her remarks isn't that surprising, but the blatant homophobia is, since I assumed the Palin clan would be better trained not to defecate in public.

http://www.villagevoice.com/blogs/willow-palins-homophobic-illiterate-facebook-remarks-6376715

The kid was the vehicle for the joke. Basically setting up the homeschool shooter punchline. She likely came up with the punchline first and worked backwards.

She didn't call him a little cunt, nothing was explicitly directed at the kid. She didn't say kill the fucker or anything terribly.

The issue here is posting jokes on twitter. Where context and delivery (two of the most important things) are often missed. I hear the jokes in my head, but granted I spend a few hours a day writing bits.

Also where is the skill in cruel name calling? Quite a bit actually. I can be downright fucking mean if I'm dealing with a heckler. Like brutally mean.

I'm also the main event for a roast battle coming up (I have to roast battle six or seven of the best comics in the city all back to back) bro you think her joke is mean....

The most vicious Ive ever seen was a joke about another comics missing kid. (There was a Chris Hansen crime watch episode about it)

"If you want to find _____ missing kid just check the trunk of his car" to be fair though.. She thought they had found his kid lol.

What I'm saying about all this is, the joke wasn't over the top offensive, she apologized, to get so fucking crybaby about it is ridiculous. Did you cry a hissy fit when you listened to Jeselnik the first time?

Also. Free speech and taking into account the process of joke writing, development, and the fact comedians do deserve leniency for these things.

Shut the fuck up

Too easy of a cop out for a comedian to always throw down the "I'm just joking" card any time they say something that is stupid, truly offends others or is in truly bad taste as a means of trying to skirt by. That effectively means that they can't be held accountable for anything they say because they can always just say it was joke. If that's the case, then no one should be help accountable for what they say as it could always just be a joke. That includes someone like Trump or anyone else that you dislike. Either hold everyone to a standard or no one. I simply refuse to believe that comedians are 24hrs a day "on the job" and everything that comes out of their mouths are jokes.

Try becoming a professional comic then. Or at least hang out with comics to try and understand what it's like.

First off, you never know who you're going to offend.

Also when working on material that is offensive/dark. You're generally going to be way too offensive when you start working on the bit and dial it back to the perfect amount.

You make good points. Im afraid I just disagree.

Shut the fuck up

{<BJPeen}

Look, I get you have this pseudo-Lenny Bruce thing going on where you want to push the boundaries of what is acceptable to say in society and open people's minds because you are so hip and edgy. I wonder where does the boundary pushing end? It seems like a lot of comics now just want to say shocking things for the sake of shocking people. They have no legitimate reason for what they are doing. They just want to show how "out there" and "different" they are by spewing vulgar nonsense.

The time has come to push back on all this permissivism. We have had our fun pushing limits, destroying decency and indulging in petty amusements and realized it is all superficial and hollow. It is time to move on to something more meaningful than the hip cruelty and smug condescension that has become so trendy these days.

I'm glad she got suspended. People's children should be off limits.

I'm curious how the right wingers would have treated Chelsea Clinton if she had been a child during the social media age. I'm guessing not so good. Social media just gives too many people a platform to say dumb things. At least in the early 90's you needed your own radio/tv show to reach the masses.

And he's still on the air spewing shit. What's your point? That the backlash is unequal? I agree.

we've established in this day in age that people who tell over the line jokes get fired, so it is what it is.

personally i think we need to ease up before we lose our ability to laugh entirely

It's a pretty accurate statement, if we're being honest. Trump's kid has that same psychotic glare as Adam Lanza

Try becoming a professional comic then. Or at least hang out with comics to try and understand what it's like.

Also when working on material that is offensive/dark. You're generally going to be way too offensive when you start working on the bit and dial it back to the perfect amount.

{<BJPeen}
Listen, I understand that being a comedian isn't easy. Humor is a fairly subjective thing and I understand that in all likelihood you're going to say something in your act that will offend someone somewhere. My only point is that I simply do not believe that comedians, or anyone for that matter, should always just get a blanket pass on what they say because it's their job and it's always just jokes, jokes, jokes.

It just seems awfully convenient to pick and choose when you're suddenly serious and have something to say then when something you say gets your hand smacked it's suddenly "hey! hold up! I'm a comedian, it's just jokes!".

That's why I say either kill PC culture or give everyone the same "I'm just joking!" pass on the dumb shit that comes out of their mouths.

Do you believe Kramer should have been able to say "I was just joking!" when he got busted on his little tirade? After all, he was actually doing his job, standup, at the time. If it's always jokes jokes jokes, then wouldn't anything he said during the performance of his job be covered under the same umbrella as long as he said "i was just joking!" when public opinion turned against him for his words?

Look, I get you have this pseudo-Lenny Bruce thing going on where you want to push the boundaries of what is acceptable to say in society and open people's minds because you are so hip and edgy. I wonder where does the boundary pushing end? It seems like a lot of comics now just want to say shocking things for the sake of shocking people. They have no legitimate reason for what they are doing. They just want to show how "out there" and "different" they are by spewing vulgar nonsense.

The time has come to push back on all this permissivism. We have had our fun pushing limits, destroying decency and indulging in petty amusements and realized it is superficial and hollow. It is time to move on to something more meaningful than hip cruelty and smug condescension.

A lot of comedians "now"? You do know how hard it was back in the Carlin era right? Progressives and conservatives are both guilty of trying to silence humor they find offensive. But being offended is subjective.

Also there are lots of comics who strictly go for the 'groans' with super offensive comedy, and I'll give you this. A lot of it is garbage. You may think doing offensive material doesn't require talent but to get a laugh at super dark material it comes down to how clever the joke is, the timing and delivery, and misdirection to really get a good laugh from something like that. Like I said you should watch Jeselnik.

You have no fucking clue what you're talking about if you think there is no reason for what they're doing, and that they're doing it to be out there.

Are you saying you don't laugh at Jim Jefferies incredible Bill Cosby bit? You've never laughed at something offensive? If you have you're a hypocrite. And its okay to be a hypocrite but don't act like there isn't merit in something just because you don't like or understand it.

Dude literally your biggest problem is no matter the topic, you treat every opinion as an absolute and zero of your posts are subjective.

{<BJPeen}
Ironic that you used that gif.

You try to justify going at a 10 year old by comparing it to comics going off on each other?

A lot of comedians "now"? You do know how hard it was back in the Carlin era right? Progressives and conservatives are both guilty of trying to silence humor they find offensive. But being offended is subjective.

Also there are lots of comics who strictly go for the 'groans' with super offensive comedy, and I'll give you this. A lot of it is garbage. You may think doing offensive material doesn't require talent but to get a laugh at super dark material it comes down to how clever the joke is, the timing and delivery, and misdirection to really get a good laugh from something like that. Like I said you should watch Jeselnik.

You have no fucking clue what you're talking about if you think there is no reason for what they're doing, and that they're doing it to be out there.

Are you saying you don't laugh at Jim Jefferies incredible Bill Cosby bit? You've never laughed at something offensive? If you have you're a hypocrite. And its okay to be a hypocrite but don't act like there isn't merit in something just because you don't like or understand it.

Dude literally your biggest problem is no matter the topic, you treat every opinion as an absolute and zero of your posts are subjective.

I went through a phase where I thought comedians were the most intelligent people and everything they said was the truth. These days, I think most comics are degenerates with psychological problems who can be amusing at times, but are good for nothing more than a good way to kill a Saturday night when there is nothing better to do.

My favorite comic is Jim Gaffigan. A Catholic family man who does not have to swear or act vulgar to be funny.

d98a535b-eeb9-463a-8c8a-78c7157b359e_12461_CUSTOM.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back