Single leg or double leg in street situation

I agree with South. I've been in MMA gyms before where I started clinching with a smaller man I thought I could take and realized i fucked up after getting thrown and unable to recover guard.

The best reason to clinch in a fight is because you are getting your ass kicked. If you are winning the striking match, you can do anything: Knock him out, pick up a weapon, walk backwards jabbing or whatever. Once you decide to clinch you might not be able to take your decision back.

We have all seen color belts in BJJ get handled by white belts who knew the basics but we're much stronger and could do a certain thing well, or who had uncontrollable athletic gifts (which I lack) like take downs from years of football.

The bottom line with SD is that if you don't know who you are fucking with, you need to keep your options open.

I personally would try to strike until I fail, then clinch strike until I get worked, then look for a take down, and if it looks like I'm going to get thrown, I'd pull guard.

What I don't do is flatly refuse to train to strike and then volunteer to give up all my potential tactics, just because I want to believe in a certain golden finger jab.

You never know what the guy has in his pockets, sometimes you have a pretty good idea but not always.

Sometimes people perceive they are losing the fight and go for a weapon, it's not so bad if you have control of his arms.

And the TS made a good point...

How DO you know the guy is not better on the ground than you? You don't, a lot of people train now.
If the guy is some aggressive bully or douchebag. Chances are, he's not good at jiu jitsu.

What's with all the damn street fight topics?

Are guys living in a fantasy of getting on a wshh video?

Don't fight on the streets. You or they could die on accident.
I don't think hes planning on getting into a atreet fight. It's a self defence issue.

If the opponent is a lot bigger. It doesn't matter how good your double is, GO FOR THE SINGLE! If you can easily outstrike him, DO THAT!

Don't stay on the ground for too long and don't go there if you don't need to. Look at your surroundings constantly whilst maintaining dominant positions. If your jiu jitsu is good, break an arm (if it's self defence where the attacker is really dangerous). If it's just an argument turned fight make them surrender with a submission or strikes or just ground and pound till it's clearly over.

- Only do takedowns on the grass or sand, if you dont wanna spend time on the jail in the case dude head hits the ground.
Or even paying for the damage done.

Personaly i would hit a chokeslam from hell or a R.K.O for the coolness points and to get the peeps on their feet chanting:

- One more time!

The one that works in that situation is always the right one

If the guy is some aggressive bully or douchebag. Chances are, he's not good at jiu jitsu.
Nada_para_fazer_hahahahaha_Happy_face_Fabricio_Werdum_Instagram_Post_August_19_2012-47609.jpg

What's with all the damn street fight topics?

Are guys living in a fantasy of getting on a wshh video?

Don't fight on the streets. You or they could die on accident.
What if you're law enforcement or security and you often have to go hands on with resisting subjects?

Personally, in training I always prefer singles so I likely would prefer that to a double in a street fight scenario.

That said in real life I've almost always gotten a body lock, outside trip, or hip toss.

People that train generally don't mug people and pick fights. Most GOOD jiu jitsu practitioners are very cool people, not many douchebags reach a high level tbh.
Very few reach high level but many train. Mma I'd pretty common around here and many routine offenders are ammy mma fighters.

Again they aren't high level, I'm fact they're mostly absolute crap. But there's still a big difference between a low level grappler and an untrained person

Back