Since Werdum is out of the Olinynk fight. Barnett just got cleared. Equally as interesting fight.

It was always that it's that they can issue exception for short notice fighters and Brock was that.

If they go and pick up a fighter from another league and they want him in there asap he gets that same exception.

Thing is not sure Josh can get one with his 'resume' so he needs to do the pool again.

it was said when he removed him self from the testing pool and listed as retired he have to do a 6 month testing pool just like gsp.

it was said when he removed him self from the testing pool and listed as retired he have to do a 6 month testing pool just like gsp.

So bye bye that fight suggested in the topic not sure the rusian cat will wait till Nov/Dec for a fight.

Nah, let's go for a full roid HW legend tournament in Rizin on NYE for a two nights tournament on dec 29 and 31

HW :
Barnett vs Werdum
Cro Cop vs Minakov
Aleks vs Fedor
Jone Jones vs Carwin

Do it. I don't think the Werdum match would've been competitive anyway.

Black Beast vs Francis on July 7

im sure the winner could make the September date

That would be awesome. Perfect timing if it happens.

I wouldn't say equally, but it's another high level grappler, let's fucking do it.

When he subbed Arlovski.
Shit yeah I just looked at his wiki, I've totally missed all his fights since D.C.- I've got out of habit of watching every card from start to end- I hadn't seen threads about Barnett on here forever so I thought he wasn't fighting ha

I say why not. I'm definitely glad for Oleynik that he doesn't have to fight Werdum though, I think his chances were not that great. His chances against Barnett should be much better

I'm down for that replacement.

Barnett has to do 6 months in the testing pool before hes eligible to fight.. im sure ive already told you this.

So if he entered the pool today he would be eligible to fight in late November. UFC Moscow is in september.

So no, Barnett cannot fight in Moscow

They have waivers for returning fighters... That's how Brock fought last.

rules have changed and been tightened since then.

brock never left the testing pool (because he was never in it). so thats why he was able to enter the testing pool at short notice

Barnett was in the testing pool and left. while they could greant him a waiver if it was considered "manifestly unfair" not to, its unlikely.

however

more importantly, Barnett has tested positive previously. that means that a waiver is not possible. If you enter the testing pool having a prior positive you cannot get a waiver of any form and have to do 6 months. NO WAIVER possible. Tha clause would override any other clauses.. so Barnett has to do a six months period, theres no way around that.

follow the chart.. "have you ever been found guilty of a doping violation"

rtp-flowchart.png

Last edited:
It was always that it's that they can issue exception for short notice fighters and Brock was that.

If they go and pick up a fighter from another league and they want him in there asap he gets that same exception.

Thing is not sure Josh can get one with his 'resume' so he needs to do the pool again.

not if you have previously tested positive.

returned to pool after leaving - 6 months, waiver possible

new athlete - 1 month, waiver possible

athlete with prior positive test - 6 months, no waiver possible

having a prior violation or admitting to prior use is the one area where no waiver can be granted.

not if you have previously tested positive.

returned to pool after leaving - 6 months, waiver possible

new athlete - 1 month, waiver possible

athlete with prior positive test - 6 months, no waiver possible

having a prior violation or admitting to prior use is the one area where no waiver can be granted.

Good info. Thank you.

Hey any ideas whats up with Jones ? why no news, how long till we get some ?

Mark Hunt Vs Oliynyk makes sense. Crazy these two haven't fought yet.
Crazy Oliynyk and Werdum haven't fought yet. They are both so prolific.

Definitely a fight I want to see. Totally down for it.

Good info. Thank you.

Hey any ideas whats up with Jones ? why no news, how long till we get some ?
I'm expecting it pretty soon. Judging from tone of social media posts I think the hearing had happened. Just waiting for mclaren to render their decision

Back