since ben askren talks alot of s---- about ufc fighters lately, watch this fight

Bumblebeef

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score

he wasnt able to take down this "no name" so the "incredible" ben askren went to a nasty eye poke trap to take him down because of his frustration. luis santos defensive wrestling frustrated ben askren and askren went to a nasty eye poke with his thumb.... ben askren literally lost this fight, he looked very bad, but they made it a no contest after that eye poke... ben askren refused a rematch.

that guy is a overrated joke himself that tries to talk himself bigger than he is.

Last edited:
so you cherry picked one example to support your claim that Askren is an 'overrated joke', despite his overall record of accomplishments, and the respect that he has in MMA and wrestling circles from his peers?

good luck with that.

so you cherry picked one example to support your claim that Askren is an 'overrated joke', despite his overall record of accomplishments, and the respect that he has in MMA and wrestling circles from his peers?

good luck with that.

He never proved himself against top WW's. That's a fact

good luck with that.
Nate Diaz has zero chin. Josh Thomson knocked him the fuck out with a leg kick to the dome. It got so bad that his brother Nick threw the towel lololol.

<26>

good luck with that.
Well people bringing up the al fight for Khabib for him not being able to take him down at will saying he will have trouble with Conor and tony who have crap tdd.

Lately? He's been doing that for most of his career. He's done everything he can to fight the #163rd ranked guy and claiming he'd beat GSP easy.

Eddie fucking Alvarez is literally the only Bellator champion to jump ship and become a UFC champion. He held it for exactly four months before Conor dusted him almost the first punch he landed. Meanwhile Ben has been defending his regional Singaporean championship since 2014 against no names and Aoki who's been fighting professionally since Ben was in fucking high school.

Askren needs to either join the UFC or stop talking. His record doesn't match his talking. He might be as good as he says he is, he might not be. Only way to find out is him joining the UFC (Dana is a fool for not signing him, he needs to get over his ego).

On the other hand just talking is cheap and risk-free. There are always going to be suckers out there just taking his word and believing he would walk over Khabib, beat GSP and be easily a Top WW, without him actually having to do it.

Ben would be a top 5 WW in the UFC

Well people bringing up the al fight for Khabib for him not being able to take him down at will saying he will have trouble with Conor and tony who have crap tdd.

which has nothing to do with this thread.

I couldn't care less what some idiots claim about Khabib based solely on a '4th replacement in 24hrs' fight with Iaquinta lol

Nate Diaz has zero chin. Josh Thomson knocked him the fuck out with a leg kick to the dome. It got so bad that his brother Nick threw the towel lololol.

<26>

that is indeed another great example of dummies making a general claim about a fighter based on one fight, when there are a whole bunch of other fights that suggest otherwise lol

At least khabib eventually got tired of padding his record with warm bodies. Askren seems contempt fighting wiki-less bums for the rest of his career

that doesn't automatically make him an "overrated joke".

It also lends zero credibility to him either.

The biggest problem I have with the guy is that he had no clue how to play the game. He's always badmouthing Dana, rather than letting someone else do the negotiating in private. Even when fighting nobodies he still insisted on grapple fucking his opponents, which isnt what the UFC wanted to see from him. He could have done what was required to get into the UFC, he juts fucked it up royally.

He'd have probably made it into the top 5 with the right opponents.

he wasnt able to take down this "no name" so the "incredible" ben askren went to a nasty eye poke trap to take him down because of his frustration. luis santos defensive wrestling frustrated ben askren and askren went to a nasty eye poke with his thumb.... because of his frustration. ben askren literally lost this fight, he looked very bad, but they made it a no contest after that eye poke... ben askren refused a rematch.

that guy is a overrated joke himself that tries to talk himself bigger than he is.

at the time of the fight Sapo 61-9-1 who had been fighting for 15 years he wasn't just some "no name" fighter he's pretty medicore when it come to bigger orgs but not some bum.

Askren would have won plenty of fights in the UFC but he's never fighting in the UFC so it doesn't really matter.

which has nothing to do with this thread.

I couldn't care less what some idiots claim about Khabib based solely on a '4th replacement in 24hrs' fight with Iaquinta lol
U should care because my point is people on here are stupid af so it shouldn’t surprise or bother u.

It also lends zero credibility to him either.

The biggest problem I have with the guy is that he had no clue how to play the game. He's always badmouthing Dana, rather than letting someone else do the negotiating in private. Even when fighting nobodies he still insisted on grapple fucking his opponents, which isnt what the UFC wanted to see from him. He could have done what was required to get into the UFC, he juts fucked it up royally.

He'd have probably made it into the top 5 with the right opponents.

Askren is admittedly as much to blame for his non-UFC career as petty Dana...though we have no idea what went on in private before Askren started shit-talking Dana.

call him a poor self-promoter, bad businessman, conservative fighter...whatever. I just don't see how any of that criticism makes him an "overrated joke", as TS is trying to claim.

Askren's wrestling is legit af, and his stated intention is to not get hit. I'm not surprised that upsets people...look at the hate the GOAT GSP gets around here. Askren is a smart guy...not some short-sighted idiot like Gaethje, who isn't even 30 and sounds like he's been hit WAY too many times already.

it's probably also silly to expect Askren to NOT talk himself up...what's he supposed to do, sit there quietly and say, 'well, I think I might do well in the UFC, but I really don't know...I'm pretty good, but those guys are really tough!' - lol

Ben Askren always reminded me of Jake Shields when everyone thought he was amazing and could potentially beat GSP. 2 Fights into the UFC he gets a title shot and loses badly, then goes on to lose several other fights.

I guess it's easy to say you're the best when you've never actually fought the best.

Askren is admittedly as much to blame for his non-UFC career as petty Dana...though we have no idea what went on in private before Askren started shit-talking Dana.

call him a poor self-promoter, bad businessman, conservative fighter...whatever. I just don't see how any of that criticism makes him an "overrated joke", as TS is trying to claim.

Askren's wrestling is legit af, and his stated intention is to not get hit. I'm not surprised that upsets people...look at the hate the GOAT GSP gets around here. Askren is a smart guy...not some short-sighted idiot like Gaethje, who isn't even 30 and sounds like he's been hit WAY too many times already.

it's probably also silly to expect Askren to NOT talk himself up...what's he supposed to do, sit there quietly and say, 'well, I think I might do well in the UFC, but I really don't know...I'm pretty good, but those guys are really tough!' - lol

the luis santos fight shows that he isnt invincible and a imaginary ufc top fighter "crusher".

Last edited:
Back