*SIGN HERE* If you were one of the CASUALS who bought into the Sugar hype... (for pardoning)

O’Malley fans won’t acknowledge:

1.) Chito intentionally threw a calf kick causing the injury, a common one, to O’Malley’s leg.

2.) O’Malley got his lights put out by an elbow and a hammer fist. It was quick but he went out and Herb rightfully stepped in.

3.) None of the O’Malley hype was warranted. At all. He has zero quality wins.

I don't think the hype train is derailed. He actually looked good in then fight until the injury. Still i can't stand him though
I don't like him at all either. There's nothing wrong with being very confident but O'Malley has this smug arrogant superiority complex that is just not likeable at all. I was quite happy to see him lose yesterday.

I didn't buy, but the truth is the man couldn't even fight because of that injury... I mean, we can't talk about hype train derail without a real fight.

Do you guys think this loss ruins the possibility of a Crayola sponsorship for him?

Lmfao the kid lost because of an injury, not because his opponent out classed him in any way and you jump on here like a clown to talk shit and "I told you so".

You're probably the same guy who was laughing when Anderson broke his leg.

I'll be sure to @ you when he's champion.

Interesting video here showing Vera might have caused the injury

It’s crazy that there are people who think that the injury just happened...

It was pretty clear, even live, that Vera hurt him with his kicks.

I don’t like O’Malley, but it’s clear to me that he is talented and has a bright future in the sport. Love him or hate him, he has looked good in the fights leading up to last night.

Hopefully this experience humbles him a bit, but I doubt it. Even so, I’m wishing him a speedy recovery.

How is it hype when he lost due to an injury.
I don't think the hype train is derailed. He actually looked good in then fight until the injury. Still i can't stand him though
Well I think "looked good" is a stretch but the fight was basically even.

I don't even like the guy, but there's a difference between falsely "buying into the hype" vs thinking he could beat the unranked Vera. The two are vastly different.

Buying into the hype would be thinking he could've beat any of the top 5 at that stage. #12 beating an unranked fighter is expected.

Vera just had other plans + the awkward ending

I never trust lanky karate styles, usually that means 0 grappling, and a couple of flashy hail Mary KOs off moves that will never land on a decent fighter

Jesus u are all over the forums bashing Suga. Quite pathetic

I'd say it was the knee kick and not the calf kick that probably hurt him for starters...perhaps a nerve that made proprioception difficult or impossible.

I would say im not 'convinced' of anything, and neither should you be considering the evidence at hand...the lack of professional knowledge on the subject of injury outside of 'i saw the fight and here is my opinion'...unless you are a kin major or some form of doctor who also was at the fight and then went to the hospital with Sean and poked around a bit that being convinced of anything would be...silly.

Id also say that even if the kicks injured Sean's leg and caused him to be unable to put weight on his leg that losing to injury; even injury caused by an opponent is not the same as beating a guy uninjured...it's no less valid, but its not the same thing and thus I wouldn't say it reduces Sean's stock...it places a 'what if' around the fight that is compelling enough to wonder about.

You're entitled to your opinion...but i'd wager the argument of 'clips of Vera destroying his calf' is a weak argument given the way we saw Sean's foot and toes curl under itself a couple times before he collapsed under his own weight like he couldn't feet where it was in space...that doesn't scream 'calf damage injury' to me...

So my post isn't about what i am convinced about; its more about an injury; even caused by the guy he's fighting with not lowering his stock...
Knee kick? go on....

I know I’m late but I guess I’ll have to admit I was certainly paying attention to him. I think that he’s still pretty good at least his striking. Who knows he might come back he might not, but either way he’s fun to watch and he does have some stand up skill. That said I never thought he would be undefeated I knew he would loose one day.

...also if he goes back to fighting lower level competition he’s officially the UFC’s MVP...

So you drank the UFC kool aid and ran with the “this kid is special”, “future champ”, “Sugar show”, “he’s got the ‘it’ factor”, etc. corny hype rhetoric?

It’s okay, we’ll pardon you... Just OWN UP my Sherbros and put some hespect back on your name.

marlon-vera-sean-omalley-ufc-252-1.jpg

Who is the casual now?

Back