*SIGN HERE* If you were one of the CASUALS who bought into the Sugar hype... (for pardoning)

Interesting video here showing Vera might have caused the injury

I believed he will be good and I still do. I will admit I overrated him though.

I wasn’t sold on him and when this fight was announced I compared it to Conor/Poirier. This was O’Malleys first real test the rankings didn’t say so but Vera is top 10 & definitely has the skills to break top 5 and champion at the rate his skills are developing.

O’Malley is good and that was pretty even but Marlon was making adjustments countering O’Malleys offense, injury aside there’s been more fighters who has fought through injuries in fights. O’Malley just unfortunately isn’t of them. Chito killer instinct is was the deciding factor in the stoppage. A injured foot doesn’t stop you from defending elbows or punches, your still able to control wrists and pull down the head and tie up. Some of his fans are getting ridiculous comparing his injury to Corey Hull & Anderson Silva. That’s just false at this point.

The way he was getting carried out on a stretcher with that goofy hair was on the level of Colby running out of the arena, sick of the circus, glad the real fighter got the recognition.

Hype trains are so lame Hate trains are so much cooler!

On one hand, he's got a higher ceiling than he's shown so far and this loss shouldn't have people writing him off.

On the other hand, although he's shown an ability that may get him some big wins, even a belt if protected/booked well enough (he should keep Cody's name out of his mouth, but any good striking can crack that chin), i don't think he can develop enough skills to be a convincing/dominant champ.

Also, some of you fucking crow-eaters should break out some ketchup to choke it down. "What's wrong with liking new stars?" No one said that, you fucking victim. The question was "who bought into the hype?" meaning why were any of you so hot in the pants to think he was so much better than he was? There's such a huge difference between "Aw golly-gee willikers, I hope the clown man wins, so more people watch UFC," and "Easy win for the Sugachamp, then he should get top5, since Cody's ducking him!"

You're kinda stupid either way, but only one of those ways is pants-on-head fucking dumb

The fight doesn't really say much about either of the two with the way it ended due to the injury. We didn't get to see who was better.

I'm still on board. I bet the rematch comes sooner than later.

i think he's talented, but not as talented as they were trying to hype him as. comparing him to Khabib and Ronda was ridiculous, even in the pbp thread right after they showed that promo i said, "bruh, Andre Souhmtath could've beat this guy if he had better fight IQ" and the irony is, he lost because of a similar injury.

people can say he injured himself or whatever, but that's part of being a fighter is being tough and durable.

so if you're a fan of the kid you bought into the hype? you're a dumbass. the dude lost no one was saying he was the goat

I don't think the hype train is derailed. He actually looked good in then fight until the injury. Still i can't stand him though
He literally did nothing in that fight. Bounced around, hurt himself and got concussed. Looked real good.

I don't understand. Why are you mad at people for liking a fighter with a personality?

He's annoying. Kinda sociopathic persona.... so what. He fights in a cage for a living where people try and simulate murder on him.
So being a cagefighter automatically excuses any class? Excuses shitty behavior? Excuses being egotistical, narcissistic, and arrogant?

Enough with the "being a cagefighter excuses you from being a good person" bullshit.

Understand that not everyone is like you and enjoys those types of people in our world. The majority of us do not like it. At some point in your life you gotta grow up and show a bit of class, otherwise you'll end up some loser asshole sucker punching old men in bars.

I don't understand. Why are you mad at people for liking a fighter with a personality?

He's annoying. Kinda sociopathic persona.... so what. He fights in a cage for a living where people try and simulate murder on him.

weed and tattoos arent a personality

He looked good up until the injury though. The ridiculous hype train was derailed, but he is still a very hot prospect - he is fun to watch, colourful character and quite talented. His injury however did not have an impact on the actual finishing sequence so question is if he'd get mauled on the ground or not be decent ground fighters.

I'm still on board. I bet the rematch comes sooner than later.

Later. The injury will take time to heal and Dana will be in no hurry to test a returning O’Malley vs a dog like Chito. It’s an interesting story to pick up at some point though, yes.

So you drank the UFC kool aid and ran with the “this kid is special”, “future champ”, “Sugar show”, “he’s got the ‘it’ factor”, etc. corny hype rhetoric?

It’s okay, we’ll pardon you... Just OWN UP my Sherbros and put some hespect back on your name.

marlon-vera-sean-omalley-ufc-252-1.jpg
I was never on the hype train. I only saw the first fight were he broke his foot and the Wineland one. Wineland KO was good but Barao KOed WIneland too and look how hard he fell off. I wasn't even close to convinced, even if he beat Vera I wouldn't have been since he would have to beat at least one decent wrestler and one top 10 guy before I got on the bandwagon.

Still got no clue if the hype is legit ...... dude was even or winning fight when he messed up his foot. No idea

Back