Showtime Boxing: #MayMac will probably not happen. UFC just wanted the publicity

That is smart Mayweather would have made quick work of him and the UFC would have looked bad to the entire world.

Conor has been partying that was the first hint that this fight was not going to happen. It would be nice to know if and who his next opponent will be.

I love how this is somehow the UFC's doing, and they were looking for publicity. Dana laughed at the idea, and just more recently came around to the possibility. If they really cared for the publicity, Dana would've on board since day one, instead of mocking the idea.

Wasn't it Mayweather who initially pushed for it anyways?

I think the story we've been fed for the past year or so, is fairly accurate. It started out as some pie in the sky bullshit, then they started talking, got close, and now negotiations have stalled again. It could just be some hype job by Conor and Floyd, but to say that the UFC somehow masterminded this whole hype job for exposure, is a joke.

seemed pretty likely the whole time that the fight wasnt going to happen and that the ufc / conor was looking for headlines while conor was out
The President of Showtime Boxing said the UFC is only interested in the publicity for it and doesnt seem to want Conor to fight Floyd.

Showtime Boxing said they will only pay for #MayMac if it happens this year, because interest will die down if it happens next year.

Starts around the 42 min mark

LOL, the UFC wanted publicity? Conor has never been more popular meanwhile Floyd has retired and showtime boxing ratings absolutely suck, who really needs the publicity? Mayweather was running across Vegas just to get 5 mins of TV time to call out McGregor, he's just as guilty in this.

He never missed weight? and there is other fighters out like Twood who cut way more weight than Conor
I'm not saying it's impossible, i think the 45 cut was to severe for him, and he mentally doesn't want to do it again.... coupled with I think he added on bulk for the Diaz and Alvarez fights

Mayweather duckin Conor lol. He doesn't want his first loss to be against an MMA fighter. 49-1

It is called negotiating. When Showtime gets mad that UFC and Conor are not budging they say this shit. Vice versa. It is in talks. Obviously Conor wants it. UFC and him have shit squared away.

The two are just negotiating through the media.

THIS

People like money.

LOL, the UFC wanted publicity? Conor has never been more popular meanwhile Floyd has retired and showtime boxing ratings absolutely suck, who really needs the publicity? Mayweather was running across Vegas just to get 5 mins of TV time to call out McGregor, he's just as guilty in this.

Plus none of this "publicity" puts money in WME's pocket.

Two sides & all the various people involved are spinning things - that is all this is.

That's what I've been saying.

It was way too weird for Dana to pull a complete 180 and go from saying a definite no to the fight; suggesting it was more likely for him to quarter back in the nfl... to being so fan friendly about the fight- saying its what the fans want, and they'll try to make it happen...etc

It was obvious PR bullshit from Dana. I knew things must have been real bad between the UFC and Conor with Dana having to go into PR mode on the defensive, to prevent any public backlash towards the company.

The boxing-side have been saying on and on that it isn't happening because the UFC wants too much of a cut. Arum stated 50%, Jeff Mayweather stated 80%...
And that Conor would maybe earn to much on a potential fight to be enough motivated to return to the ufc post boxing earnings.

Do you honestly believe mcgregor only makes 1-2 million a fight ? How the hell is that possible ?
NOT counting his outside of the cage sponsors the largest check Conor EVER got from the UFC was 3 mil and they was for Nate vs Conor 2.

Saying he only makes 1-2 mil a fight from the UFC is a very realistic number.
The UFC hasn't even paid Conor a total of 7 mil yet.

Keep in mind I'm not talking about his other avenues of income just what the UFC pays/paid him.

The fight wont happen. I know for a fact McGregor is facing winner of Aldo/Holloway
Nah, conor has no interest in cutting to 145 anymore. He'll fight either nate or woodley next.

Wow, really? This falls under the "no fucking shit" category for the day.

NOT counting his outside of the cage sponsors the largest check Conor EVER got from the UFC was 3 mil and they was for Nate vs Conor 2.

Saying he only makes 1-2 mil a fight from the UFC is a very realistic number.
The UFC hasn't even paid Conor a total of 7 mil yet.

Keep in mind I'm not talking about his other avenues of income just what the UFC pays/paid him.
PPV cut is the biggest part of his income $3-5 dollars per buy . A bunch of different websites calculate his ppv cut at being around 8-10 million per fight in the alverez,nate 1,nate 2 , and Aldo that is 30-40 million plus his purse. Listen man its his money not mine and I really don't care but I just don't see how people can think that he only make 2 million per fight . I 100% believe he is the highest paid mma fighter ever and it's pretty common knowledge that both GSP and Silva both made 7-10 million per fight back then.

PPV cut is the biggest part of his income $3-5 dollars per buy . A bunch of different websites calculate his ppv cut at being around 8-10 million per fight in the alverez,nate 1,nate 2 , and Aldo that is 30-40 million plus his purse. Listen man its his money not mine and I really don't care but I just don't see how people can think that he only make 2 million per fight . I 100% believe he is the highest paid mma fighter ever and it's pretty common knowledge that both GSP and Silva both made 7-10 million per fight back then.
http://thesportsdaily.com/mma-manifesto/conor-mcgregor-career-earnings/

This was updated right after lobov vs Swanson.

It doesn't have PPV cut. I don't like talking PPV cuts because no one can give an accurate number. Some media outlets said 5 mil others says 15. That's too big a difference. But this is the disclosed amount of money the UFC has given Conor.

Puts him right under 10 mil total.

Good.

The Sooner B side gets back to the UFC to lose his last belt the better we all will be for it.

I don't think it was just a publicity stunt. Both guys clearly wanted it for their own reasons - Floyd for the easy 50-0 and the biggest possible payout available, and Conor for the money and the fact that he probably really is confident/delusional enough to think he can find a way to KO Floyd. The fight would have been a unique spectacle, one of the biggest of all time, and who wouldn't want to say they were part of that. It's a huge bump on your resume.

Back