Should we be able to decide to if we want to live or die ?( suicide topic)

Darkgsp

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Is suicide right or wrong? Should we be able to decide to if we want to live or die ?

The think about your parents and friends etc argument: When being born we had no choice in coming into this reality.( that we know of) So does this not mean we should be free to take our own life, if we feel we want to ? .

When you have responsibilities like raising a child, then suicide is wrong, you were responsible for bringing the person into this world, you're responsible for raising him. (my view)

I would be very interested to read your opinions on this topic

I don't think it's wrong, but it's definitely a dick move when you have major relationships and responsibilities. Personally I've been suicidal many times but the thought of what it'd do to my parents has always stopped me. I figure once they die then I'll off myself at that point

If my life decisions do not belong to me, then just kill me.

I think it depends on if you believe that the individual is trumped by society.

For example the individual sacrificing himself to protect others (i.e. soldiers dying for their country, chernobyl/fukushima power plant workers taking lethal radiation to shut down reactors, etc) are perfectly fine with 99% of people.

You wanting to end your own life because you're terminally ill, or depressed, or any other number of reasons intrinsic to you? Fuck off.

I think if you are old or suffering from something that can't re-leaved, then you have every right to end your suffering. If you are depressed and thinking about suicide, I think you need professional help instead of offing yourself.

100% in the argument for being allowed to kill yourself. To be honest I'd be ok if someone wanted to do it and they had kids.

My sister has kids and if she dies I'd have to raise them. That would suck and I would be mad at my sister but that's life and death.

No one said this thing will be easy and this world isn't for everyone.

I don't think it's wrong, but it's definitely a dick move when you have major relationships and responsibilities. Personally I've been suicidal many times but the thought of what it'd do to my parents has always stopped me. I figure once they die then I'll off myself at that point

You'll have to wait for all of Mayberry to die, bro. :cool:

Jesus Christ.

Have a gif of some sunshine.

Ebjh7ri.gif

Fuck it, have a few.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Lela.gif

I personally consider it a fundamental right to hasten the inevitable by punching your own ticket. I wouldn't recommend it in most cases though. As for laws against it, they're easy to circumvent.

It should be the person's choice if they want to end their life but they should really think about it if they have wife, kids, etc. It's gonna be hell for them.

I think half of you should kill yourselves

I think it depends on if you believe that the individual is trumped by society.

For example the individual sacrificing himself to protect others (i.e. soldiers dying for their country, chernobyl/fukushima power plant workers taking lethal radiation to shut down reactors, etc) are perfectly fine with 99% of people.

You wanting to end your own life because you're terminally ill, or depressed, or any other number of reasons intrinsic to you? Fuck off.

Never thought of it that way, but seems like the intention is the difference.
In one case, people are aiming to help others, and their death is an unavoidable consequence.
In the other, their goal is to end their life.

When being born we had no choice in coming into this reality.( that we know of) So does this not mean we should be free to take our own life, if we feel we want to ?

TS, Im not sure if I follow your logic. If we didnt create our life or start it, why should we be in charge of ending it?

Never thought of it that way, but seems like the intention is the difference.
In one case, people are aiming to help others, and their death is an unavoidable consequence.
In the other, their goal is to end their life.

TS, Im not sure if I follow your logic. If we didnt create our life or start it, why should we be in charge of ending it?

I just personally believe a person should have the right to end their life, if they feel that is what they want. Others will think different and this is fine, it comes down to opinion and how you want to view things.

Nobody is gonna stop you from killing yourself unless you go telling people about it.

Wouldnt tell people here either. The mayberry will find out who you are, and try our best to stop ya

Some people are selfish enough to think that a person who is suffering from physical or emotional pain should continue to do so to avoid causing others any discomfort.

I just personally believe a person should have the right to end their life, if they feel that is what they want. Others will think different and this is fine, it comes down to opinion and how you want to view things.

I like the username. Maybe these are the types of thoughts GSP has when he goes to the dark place in his head.

I agree it is important to be open and tolerant of other's beliefs, but just as important is to be thoughtful and discerning about the reasons for their beliefs.

Nobody is gonna stop you from killing yourself unless you go telling people about it.

Wouldnt tell people here either. The mayberry will find out who you are, and try our best to stop ya

Don't I know it

I like the username. Maybe these are the types of thoughts GSP has when he goes to the dark place in his head.

I agree it is important to be open and tolerant of other's beliefs, but just as important is to be thoughtful and discerning about the reasons for their beliefs.
Yes buddy the username is hilarious hahahahahah (not) and yes i agree

Back