Should UFC start playing the fighters walk out song again after they win the fight

If the fighters were know by their songs that could be cool. Like Spider and Ain't no Sunshine.

But 99% of the times is just random songs, so no one would even notice.

Imagine how cool it would be after a fighter got a finish or decisions victory that they play the fighters walk out song immediately afterwards, like they do in wwe. That would be so epic. It would be even better if a fighter was getting dominated like leon edwards did then came back to knock his opponent out in the final round, after the knock out the theme music hits.

It would shit can the in octagon interviews if they played the song “immediately” after the fight.

But playing it during the walk from the octagon back to the place where we can no longer physically see the fighter sounds alright to me.

Just my opinion.

Imagine how cool it would be after a fighter got a finish or decisions victory that they play the fighters walk out song immediately afterwards, like they do in wwe. That would be so epic. It would be even better if a fighter was getting dominated like leon edwards did then came back to knock his opponent out in the final round, after the knock out the theme music hits.

I agree, KSW does this all the time, everyone get’s hyped

I always loved Rizin's victory theme they played after winner was announced:

Japan always does victory music with epic class.

Also, regarding the OP, the OVERWHELMING majority of fighter walkout music is low-iq fad shit targeting retards who don´t like or listen to anything that resembles decent music.

Imagine if and I know this sounds crazy but a guy like Mike Jackson returns to the UFC and gets a title shot against someone like Chimaev and gets dominated then Mike Jackson turns the fight around and finds a way to knock Chimaev out and as soon as it's over this song hits.

I would go absolutely insane. The knock out itself would be good enough the underdog rising to the occasion and beating the unstoppable elite monster handing him his first loss deserves to be added to the moment. With appropriate music at that. I am all for UFC theme songs directly after fights and I don't think we should waste any more great moments without them.

This is the most 2023 join date post ever

It wouldn’t work with their current process.

*Fight result announced
*Post fight interview(s)
*Either commercial for espn OR promo package for next fight if on ppv
*Main event fighter exit has commentary leading into close out of the event.

There is no time for it but I’m not against it even though 80% of the walk out songs are horrible.

After GSP lost to Hughes, he went back to TKO MMA here in Canada. This cuts out the entrances, but they played GSP's music after he won, and it's just kinda... weird? Doesn't feel right. Very few fighters have an iconic song (I'll say less than 20 fighters all time?)

Imo, it's easy to get swept up in the moment, but it would just be corny. It works maybe for something that's supposed to be more or less feel good entertainment, but these are still martial artists, (more or less, sometimes) fighting life or death battles. The song isn't really "about" the fighter; it may have just been a spur of the moment pick, or not much care went into it. It's just too much.

Thematic music, made/licensed by the org itself, would be better to accompany select big moments. Come from behind victories, retirements, sherdoggers getting a shout out in the crowd, or shoving the fighters. Nobody challenges sherdoggers.

No, save that shit for special moments. They played Aldo's walkout music for his HoF Induction ceremony and he bawled his eyes out cause that's what made the moment real for him.

Champ shit that he was, he still pulled himself together enough to hit his iconic dance shuffle when the beat dropped exactly like any other walkout in his career.

Gets me every time, exactly like it should. Those are the kinda moments to bring back fighters walkout songs.

Last edited:
If the fighters were know by their songs that could be cool. Like Spider and Ain't no Sunshine.

But 99% of the times is just random songs, so no one would even notice.

I like fighters having a known song, but I also like when they change it up when it's appropriate.

Jon Jones returning after his suspension for UFC 197 to his usual God Gave Me Style only for it to fade to Coming Home is an all-time great walkout because it fit the situation so well.

He's changed up the 2nd half a few times and always nails it.

I actually kinda like this idea. Nice one TS.

{<redford}

Back