Should Robert Whittaker next fight be a title shot?

Should Robert Whittaker next fight be a title shot?

• Total voters
The conundrum here is that neither Izzy, Strickland, Khamzat or Whittaker truly deserve a title shot yet. The best solution in my opinion - run Izzy Khamzat for the TS ASAP, and Strickland - Whittaker for the next and hope Izzy loses to either Khamzat or DDP (so that we don't get Strickland 2 or Whittaker 3, and we have some fresh title match ups). Costa can fight Aliskerov or Imavov in the meantime.
In the unlikelihood that Allen knocks out Vettori in April, I'm fully on the train of him being next. Cannonier is the only other guy who probably should be ahead of all the rest, though with very little momentum right now

Some people use big words to sound smart but don’t really understand what they mean. Lol
Nah, that guy's just a troll. Disagree and get blocked at his discretion

Khamzat shouldn’t even me mentioned in the MW title picture. He has 1 win against a real MW, zero top 10 wins, zero top 5 wins, and barely scraped by the ghost of WW Usman.
Oh right, but Dana pinky promised him so that’s enough…
Oh, I absolutely agree with you. But the company is looking for money fights, meritocracy is an afterthought.

In the unlikelihood that Allen knocks out Vettori in April, I'm fully on the train of him being next. Cannonier is the only other guy who probably should be ahead of all the rest, though with very little momentum right now

Nah, that guy's just a troll. Disagree and get blocked at his discretion
What kind of sensitive little twat blocks people on Sherdog?! Lmao I didn’t even know that was possible!

I prefer guys not be on a 1 fight win streak going into a title fighter, personally.

DDP vs izzy for the title
Chimeav vs cannonier
Whitaker vs strickland
Costa vs imavov

I feel like they want to keep Cannonier as far away from the title as they possibly can even though at the moment he's the most deserving and should get it based off of meritocracy.
I think they either give him Allen(with a win) or Rob in a rematch, hoping either of those two beat him.

Then they'll give Khamzat a Sean matchup as a title eliminator.

rob is in the situation that he has not earned the next rightful fight, however, should anyone not make it to the fight, nobody should be mad if rob was offered.

Should Whittaker get a rematch with DDP after winning a close fight with Costa? I'm going to say no. Maybe if Strickland was champ and there wasn't Khamzat or other options.

I think Cannonier should get the next title shot win over strickland and vettori should just be enough.

Theres also winner of Allen vs Vettori, Winner of that probably gets a No.1 contenders fight. There is Izzy, Strickland, Khamzat, Whittaker and cannonier to match up.

Curtis, Hermanson, Imamov all coming off of wins as well.

I think UFC are going to match up Strickland and Khamzat for a title eliminator in Abu Dhabi, three rounder.
<{katwhu}>

Ya just can't make corruption RICO $hit up, non-rich people would be in jail.

I’m just waiting until he turns 50 and holds a belt so GSP will finally fight him

Strickland-Whittaker might be the most hyped I've been for a fight that's guaranteed to go to decision

I’d like to see him actually finish a fight before getting a title shot.

Back