Should people who smoke be eligible for Medicaid?

HatchetHarry

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It blows my mind when I hear people have Medicaid yet they are smokers. That is a $200 a month habit for many of those people and can be even higher. I believe Medicaid should be completely eliminated eventually but if we could get the smokers off of it then it would be a good start. I signed an affidavit for my work where I can’t get health insurance if I use tobacco products. The Medicaid leeches should be subject to the same.

Why not, then add fatties and drunks, maybe even people who ride motorbikes and so on.

It blows my mind how little affordable quality mental health treatment actually exists in the US. Yes addiction is a mental illness

And moles. Don't forget people with moles.
molepeople041_9130.jpg
The mole people staunchly protest against any discrimination and profiling!

I think the worst are mountain climbers. They spend thousands of dollars on a high risk activity and yet we are forced to pay for their medical.

le's also kick non vegetarians off medicaid, I din't want to pay for the consequences of somebody's meat eating habit. Also let's not forget people who drink soda, eat candy, ride bicycle's or have stressful jobs, let's get those fools off Medicaid now.

I think the worst are mountain climbers. They spend thousands of dollars on a high risk activity and yet we are forced to pay for their medical.

And base jumpers.

Seriously people aren't perfect which is the whole point of health insurance to pay for the health consequences of human imperfection.

Old people need to be kicked off medicaid too. Why should our tax money go to people who choose to live so long, knowing full well that at some point they wont even be able to wipe their own ass? What a bunch of dead weight leaches

I honestly can't wait for the time millennial's take power and begin to put their bright ideas into action.

I honestly can't wait for the time millennial's take power and begin to put their bright ideas into action.

Might be sooner than you think considering they are talking about letting 16-17 years old vote in state and federal elections.

As for OP how about we just live and let live? People pay into Medicare so let them do as they choose. Most studies show that smokers and fat people require less healthcare over the span of their lives because they something like 20+ less years. You want Medicare prices to go down? Best thing is to start pushing people towards sugar, tobacco, and alcohol. Hell, it would likely decrease greenhouse gases since over the course of ~70 years the population would being to dwindle.

Nope.

Unfortunately they are though and people who actually take care of themselves are on the hook for those dirty smoking bastards.

How about we just scrap the whole medical insurance system and make healthcare affordable for everyone?

Back