Should people who smoke be eligible for Medicaid?

It blows my mind when I hear people have Medicaid yet they are smokers. That is a $200 a month habit for many of those people and can be even higher. I believe Medicaid should be completely eliminated eventually but if we could get the smokers off of it then it would be a good start. I signed an affidavit for my work where I can’t get health insurance if I use tobacco products. The Medicaid leeches should be subject to the same.

What about people that cross the street or drive a car???

Might be sooner than you think considering they are talking about letting 16-17 years old vote in state and federal elections.

As for OP how about we just live and let live? People pay into Medicare so let them do as they choose. Most studies show that smokers and fat people require less healthcare over the span of their lives because they something like 20+ less years. You want Medicare prices to go down? Best thing is to start pushing people towards sugar, tobacco, and alcohol. Hell, it would likely decrease greenhouse gases since over the course of ~70 years the population would being to dwindle.

16 year olds arent millenials.

Hey look the spoiled rich kid is shitting on poor people again! What a surprise.

16 year olds arent millenials.

Seriously. Millenials are in their 30s now (a good portion of them).

I was speaking more that the millennials were the ones who wanted to give 16-17 year old kids the right to vote. The poster I responded to was talking about how fucked up millennials were and what you guys quoted was my response.

Jesus. The point of medicaid is so that low income people have access to healthcare. It has nothing to do with behavior.

This thing the right does where they find other reasons to get rid of or reduce the use of programs they don't like needs to fucking go.

are you being serious?
hahahahahaha

Yep. I moved to Cali after freshman year so I don't know when they banned it. Thinking about it now it sounds fucking ridiculous, right?

I'm 45 and a few ticks older than most here. I'd like to know the median age here. I'd guess 30-32.

and people wonder why many Americans don't want to fund others Health Insurance....It's not a complicated issue.

Who, in America, tends to be overweight?
eat extremely unhealthy?
drink and smoke?

We're one of the few places in the WORLD outside of like Nauru, that has extreme rates of malnutrition AND obesity among the poor. Think about that for a second....

Nobody cares what you do, in general, until they have to provide for it....just saying

leave the smokers alone, i say go after the hipster vapers
vaping-hipster.Shutterstock.jpg
Don't forget the qu@@rs.

If you're on Medicaid you probably can't afford an MMA gym membership.

You might be surprised how many aspiring fighters have income so low they are on medicaid. Here in GA the income level for Medicaid is $29K for a single person.

Smoking is the worst habit ever. I have to go outside and pick up my moms cigs before I have customers come over.

my mom would trade here firstborn child for another drag. Im thirdborn. Sorry Jennifer and Mike.

Last edited:
Back