Should i buy a Nintendo switch?

God_Emperor_Of_Mankind

Let's Palaver!
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I play on my ps4 quite a bit. Looking for more variety in my gaming.

I've noticed most of the games are platformer type games?

I want it for Zelda mainly but are there other good games coming out for it?

How is multiplayer?

Honestly the PS4 is the best variety you are going to find on any current console right now, as far as gaming goes. I think the Switch has been selling fairly well, and therefore might have a good future ahead of itself, but thats really the only game it has going for itself now.

So unless you want to play Zelda really badly, I'd wait til the end of the year where they'll bundle it with it for free, or some other game.

I can't say much about multiplayer. I guess Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Edition is like the first game you'l leven be using it for? I don't like MK that much anymore so I probably won't get that game again.

Multiplayer on the Switch will be great as time goes on and more games are released. Mario Kart 8D will be the best when it comes out, but Splatoon 2 will be the best multiplayer game around once it comes out.

yeah I agree with Yari based on what you are lookin for. PS4 has the best library generally with the most options.

The only reason for you to get a Switch right now would be Zelda and that will keep you busy for quite a while. If you favor indie games then that's another reason but most if not all can be played on PS4.

Not sure how multiplayer will be but it should be good. I've only played Zelda so I can't comment at all for now.

Suggest holding off and waiting. But I will see that Zelda is friggin' awesome.!

nothing wrong with buying a switch, however im waiting tell after E3

As the resident Switch cheerleader here....

For a lot of people the Switch will be a great secondary console, maybe not a primary console unless you love Nintendo games that much.

For me, the Switch fits really well into my lifestyle as I am travelling often and often away from home until late in the evening. I just used it today to play Has Been Heroes while I was waiting for a contractor at a property. Sleep mode makes it perfect for that. It gets hard for me to dedicate the time to play on my non-portable consoles.

If you like portability in gaming, get it.

If you like Nintendo games, get it.

If you are a Zelda fan, you should probably get it

If you like indie games, it will be an awesome indie machine.

As the resident Switch cheerleader here....

For a lot of people the Switch will be a great secondary console, maybe not a primary console unless you love Nintendo games that much.

For me, the Switch fits really well into my lifestyle as I am travelling often and often away from home until late in the evening. I just used it today to play Has Been Heroes while I was waiting for a contractor at a property. Sleep mode makes it perfect for that. It gets hard for me to dedicate the time to play on my non-portable consoles.

If you like portability in gaming, get it.

If you like Nintendo games, get it.

If you are a Zelda fan, you should probably get it

If you like indie games, it will be an awesome indie machine.
The switch is portable? I thought only the Wii U was.

Edit :Oh man, nvm. I see you can just pull out the unit and take it with you. That's pretty awesome. That being said i don't travel too much. I'll be using it mostly at home on my tv.

Last edited:
Outside of Zelda the library isn't there yet. Worth it to me, but impossible to say if you'd feel the same.
As for multiplayer, it's hard to know. The beta or whatever weekend for splatoon was a lot of waiting in matchmaking queues and the service going up and down, but it's a beta. Outside of that I haven't done any multiplayer. The paid online service isn't going live until summer or something, so it's hard to know what features it will have and the quality of it too.

All in all, I wouldn't get it as a primary game playing device. That's what PCs are for. Both the PS4 and the switch are good for their exclusives though.

The library on PS4 is absolutely ridiculous. I'm all about The Show 17 and Horizon Zero Dawn right now, which will keep me busy for a while.

I think i'll pick up a Switch next month after Mario Kart is released. The one thing i'm worries about is the warping issues, where the dock is causing the console to curve. Anyone have any issues with that yet?

The library on PS4 is absolutely ridiculous. I'm all about The Show 17 and Horizon Zero Dawn right now, which will keep me busy for a while.

I think i'll pick up a Switch next month after Mario Kart is released. The one thing i'm worries about is the warping issues, where the dock is causing the console to curve. Anyone have any issues with that yet?
Not had any warping issues, scratching issues, and I've never had the left joycon issues. So I'm basically just waiting for the thing to blow up in my hands.

The one thing i'm worries about is the warping issues, where the dock is causing the console to curve. Anyone have any issues with that yet?

No issues here.

Even if it was sightly bent I probably wouldn't notice or care as long as it worked. I do take good care of my things, but I am not that OCD with my stuff.

no warping here.. actually I haven't experienced any issues at all with my system. I've generally been lucky with consoles (my xbox-es and playstations never bricked).

The warping thing is another one of those problems that got blown out of proportion because of a few defective models or bad maintenance on the owner's part. I use my Switch docked 99% of the time and have yet to have a warping issue or scratched screen. The middle part of the Switch is fatter which can give off a curved, warped look.

Despite the phenomenal early sales I remain deeply pessimistic about the long-term health of the strategy Nintendo repeated with this console, and their continuing inability to tap into the core market of North American gaming with a deeper or more relevant game library.

But we'll see. So far the problems they're experiencing have been the welcomed type. Anything but the problem of not selling.

I'm an early adopter here. If you go with a PS4 or decide to wait for more games to be out, I wouldn't blame you. In the end, it's all about the games.

i bought a switch just for zelda. i own a ps4

i'm going to resell the switch as soon as i'm done with zelda

i'm in the same boat. my ps4 right now is a ufc 2 / netflix player and a switch and zelda looks damn cool. i'm hoping there is going to be a mario maker port of some kind but i am also leaning towards an nvidia shield for a new emulation station.

You need to wait until the games comes out, and the price drops.

Trust me, 1st release consoles are guinea pigs.

No you shouldn't.. early adopters are regretting it and the "console" has one decent game.

Don't throw your money away.

So, I've been curious about this system. I hear Doom and Wolfenstein are coming out for it. Not that I'm a huge fan of those games, but I didn't think the Switch had the juice to run them.

Appears a ton of stock is now hitting the market (so Nintendo must have upped the production I think, as opposed to sales stopping).

What's the verdict? Good system?

I'm curious to get one mostly for portable use (i.e. airports/airplanes), not home.

Does performance go down when on battery? How much game time does the battery provide?

Back