Should Dricus Du Plessis be stripped from his belt?

Should Dricus Du Plessis be stripped from his belt?

• Total voters
Lol, what a question. 😂

We have had, and probably will have champs that are much worse with real inactivity. There is one sitting out for 5 months and in no hurry to get a fight sceduled.

For a guy who just became champion, he has a lot of demands in who, where and when he wants to fight. He seems like the ultimate diva.

I actually miss Izzy at least he was very active champion.

Anywho, do you think he should be stripped from his belt, if he doesn't get an official fight signed up in the next month or so?

2MRJA2Y6FVHLVDU6EUJ7HT5D2Q.jpg

He’s fought more recently than just about every other champ so guess you gotta strip them all

What a stupid thread. Why would you strip someone for not fighting due to injuries they got in a title fight they just won?

Stupidest thread of the year so far. Congrats

Last edited:
Lol, what a question. 😂

We have had, and probably will have champs that are much worse with real inactivity. There is one sitting out for 5 months and in no hurry to get a fight sceduled.

I know it's quite a outlandish question. But trust me, you'll see after a few months past. This question will look more reasonable. lol

He’s fought more recently than just about every other champ so guess you gotta strip them all

What a stupid thread. Why would you strip someone for now fighting due to injuries they got in a title fight they just won?

Stupidest thread of the year so far. Congrats

Thank you, the honor is mine.

I also don't like it when champions talk like that after they win the title.
But it seems like every new title holder says crap like that. Unfortunately, this has been happening for a long time.
But at some point they will fight the people the UFC wants to see fight.
The fact that it's usually not the ones the fans want or the ones who deserve it the most is another story.

Give that guy a break, it´s only 2 month.
There have been other champions who have held up their division for much longer.

I also don't like it when champions talk like that after they win the title.
But it seems like every new title holder says crap like that. Unfortunately, this has been happening for a long time.
But at some point they will fight the people the UFC wants to see fight.
The fact that it's usually not the ones the fans want or the ones who deserve it the most is another story.

Give that guy a break, it´s only 2 month.
There have been other champions who have held up their division for much longer.

Yeah I'm aware of him being champion for only 2 months. But his demands are farfetched imo. I'm probably making this more of a big deal than it is.

But anyways it's just something to discuss, obviously based on the votes he shouldn't be stripped.

The people spoke, which is great. That's all good in the hood.

Yeah I'm aware of him being champion for only 2 months. But his demands are farfetched imo. I'm probably making this more of a big deal than it is.

But anyways it's just something to discuss, obviously based on the votes he shouldn't be stripped.

The people spoke, which is great. That's all good in the hood.
He seems to be someone who doesn't let Dana tell him shit.
And that's not necessarily the worst thing.

For not fighting for 1,5 months while being injured?

You dummy

Yeah injuries are one thing, but his demands are something totally different. I'll wait 4-5 months if nothing materializes than I'll bump this thread and see if the votes changes.

Seems everyone who get's a belt goes off the rails with champ, champ. List's of who isn't worthy. Special demands.

Meh it's part of the game now apparently.

As long as he defends least once more this year he is dandy. Mind I prefer 2-3 fights a year, particularly as champ. We get what we get as usual tho...

It's his freedom and liberty to make "demands" at the moment, and paving the way to UFC in Africa and being able to headline one is not a ludicrous one. It won't happen unless there is enough popular demand and DDP playing hardball with that is really the only way it can happen at the moment cause UFC dropped the ball with Francis. He'll fight eventually, either in Africa or not and yet is not time to get worried. He is doing his part to get the event even a possibility.

EDIT: changed "right" to "freedom and liberty" cause those are superior.

Back