Should Dricus Du Plessis be stripped from his belt?

Should Dricus Du Plessis be stripped from his belt?

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
For a guy who just became champion, he has a lot of demands in who, where and when he wants to fight. He seems like the ultimate diva.

I actually miss Izzy at least he was very active champion.

Anywho, do you think he should be stripped from his belt, if he doesn't get an official fight signed up in the next month or so?

Update: Yes the votes are loud and clear and you guys have spoken. My mistake in asking this question. Thought it would be interesting conversation nonetheless. But yeah I'm clearly in the wrong.
2MRJA2Y6FVHLVDU6EUJ7HT5D2Q.jpg

Last edited:
Settle down with the estrogen talk, dude just won the belt two months ago!

I understand, but his demands this early in his championship reign is quite a tell. He comes off as a guy who doesn't want to fight only if it's a perfect scenario. But I'm definitely jumping the gun on him. Just because of his latest comments and stuff. So my bad.

But we got to wait and see, I give him 4 months if he doesn't have anything lined up by than. They should consider stripping him imo.

For a 2010 account, I am truly disappointed in you. I hope this is just high level trolling

It's not trolling, I'm just saying if he doesn't get a fight lined up in the next let's say 4 months. And he has these high demands in what he wants the fight to be. Than they should consider stripping imho.

But yeah this is mostly a thread, just to incite conversation.

I understand, but his demands this early in his championship reign is quite a tell. He comes off as a guy who doesn't want to fight only if it's a perfect scenario. But I'm definitely jumping the gun on him. Just because of his latest comments and stuff. So my bad.

But we got to wait and see, I give him 4 months if he doesn't have anything lined up by than. They should consider stripping him imo.
Yeah 4 or so months sounds like a reasonable amount of time before considerations of stripping him.
But the question is, if he is stripped, who will fight for the belt next? Strickland Izzy rematch maybe?

No, he only just won it.

Jones has been champion for a year without a defence and he hasn't been stripped.

True you got a point, but Jon Jones is a GOAT. He has more leverage to make demands in when he or who he wants to fight. It's apples and oranges between him and DDP.

Yeah 4 or so months sounds like a reasonable amount of time before considerations of stripping him.
But the question is, if he is stripped, who will fight for the belt next? Strickland Izzy rematch maybe?

Something like that or put Chimaev in the picture somehow if he doesn't drop to 170.

Back