Should Champions be stripped for pulling out?

I don't think Serra is a good example if you are saying he should have been stripped.

He was healthy and the UFC sidelined him for TUF then he got hurt and pulled out but fought 4 months later when the new interim champion GPS was healthy.

Sure you can, I was raging when they sidelined him... It was a prelude of things to come.

He basically jacked the title for 18 months, and milked it for everything it was worth without defending a la Colin, which I don't blame Serra for at all, and I am a fan, but if there was some kind of rule demanding that healthy champs fight at least once within 12 months, or at least sign a contract then so much shit broiled have been avoided from that point up until now.

There may have been circumstances for Serra, but he definitely made the blueprint for fighters to make as much money as possible whilst fighting as little as possible whilst champ.

Sure you can, I was raging when they sidelined him... It was a prelude of things to come.

He basically jacked the title for 18 months, and milked it for everything it was worth without defending a la Colin, which I don't blame Serra for at all, and I am a fan, but if there was some kind of rule demanding that healthy champs fight at least once within 12 months, or at least sign a contract then so much shit broiled have been avoided from that point up until now.

There may have been circumstances for Serra, but he definitely made the blueprint for fighters to make as much money as possible whilst fighting as little as possible whilst champ.

Serra was only champion for a year and 8 days.

Yes. We need to develop the next generation of champions.

Back