Shot in the Dark - new documentary series on Netflix about real-life nightcrawlers

G

Guestx

I started watching this last night and it is goddamned fascinating.

It's about real-life nightcrawlers--a.k.a. stringers--who prowl the night in Los Angeles, shooting news to sell to TV stations.

The series mostly focuses on three guys within three competing stringer companies and the way that they're constantly trying to get on the scene and get their footage shot and edited before the other guys do.

I've watched two episodes so far and it really is interesting. Anyone else checking this one out?

Last edited by a moderator:
Never heard the phrase stringer or night crawler before.

I thought the thread would be about either the X-Men member, or the worms.

So you thought this was going to be about Worms huh?

I think the Jake Gyllenhal (however you spell that shit) movie was called Nightcrawler.

Looks interesting. I'll check it out.

LOL.

You never saw Nightcrawler? Need to get on that.

3e4313173216972de0614d7471ed27ae.jpg

LOL.

You never saw Nightcrawler? Need to get on that.

3e4313173216972de0614d7471ed27ae.jpg
I second this. That movie is very under watched.

I say under watched because most who have seen it thought it was great, I just don't know many people who have seen it outside of the Mayberry.

I do this...but instead of turning it in to sell, I use it as fap material.

I started watching this last night and it is goddamned fascinating.

It's about real-life nightcrawlers--a.k.a. stringers--who prowl the night in Los Angeles, shooting news to sell to TV stations.

The series mostly focuses on three guys within three competing stringer companies and the way that they're constantly trying to get on the scene and get their footage shot and edited before the other guys do.

I've watched two episodes so far and it really is interesting. Anyone else checking this one out?

I literally just put Netflix on as I opened this thread and it was right there so now I have to watch it.

I feel connected to you strangely.
Do you feel that ?
Anyway, I just got out of the shower and this towel is itchy....

Call me

I literally just put Netflix on as I opened this thread and it was right there so now I have to watch it.

I feel connected to you strangely.
Do you feel that ?
Anyway, I just got out of the shower and this towel is itchy....

Call me

LOL

Check it out and let us know what you think.

So my takeaway is that I need to watch nightcrawler, then a shot in the dark (the new one, not the old peter sellers movie)

We have one we deal with every so often. Dude is scum. Was trying to get into the back of an ambulabce to get video of a dying 14 year old from a car crash. Fire fighters damn near kicked the shit out of him. Fire Captain shoved his ass off the ambulance and almost went at him.

We have one we deal with every so often. Dude is scum. Was trying to get into the back of an ambulabce to get video of a dying 14 year old from a car crash. Fire fighters damn near kicked the shit out of him. Fire Captain shoved his ass off the ambulance and almost went at him.

The ethics of the profession is something that I was thinking about last night as I was watching the show.

I don't think it's unethical in and of itself. The news is what it is. These guys don't make the news, they just document it. And we do need people to tell us what is going on out in the world.

At the same time, obviously there's a line that you shouldn't cross.

I think what I would personally struggle with would be the conflicting feelings of not wanting bad shit to happen to people, while also wanting to get the most interesting and most profitable story.

The car stalled on the freeway with all their lights off was crazy.
He’s sitting there filming, I wonder if he even called the police. Seems to me like they wouldn’t let him off the phone...
curious

The car stalled on the freeway with all their lights off was crazy.
He’s sitting there filming, I wonder if he even called the police. Seems to me like they wouldn’t let him off the phone...
curious

Yeah, that shit was crazy. I couldn't believe that went down like it did.

It was like some shit out of a movie, but totally real.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back