Crime Shooting at Parkland, FL High School, Possible Active Shooter

Here is my problem with this. I can show you many stories of people being held in psychiatric facilities for upwards of a year for a post online.

I'm not being snarky when I ask you this, but I'd like to see some of these stories.

Pretending the FBI couldn't do anything about this guy once reported, is an absolute fantasy.

This shit wreaks of 9-11 all over again. The problem isn't an intelligence or law enforcement failure, the problem is all our freedoms getting in the way of doing their jobs.

I call BS. Just like 9-11 it was a failure of the alphabet agencies.

What recourse would they have had? I very much doubt they could have arrested him or held him for any time, and Florida is a shall issue state.

Be a better parent. Incorporate structure and discipline into the lives of your kids/family. Stop being their friend. Stop protecting them from failing and learning from mistakes. Enable and support them to discuss their problems rather than lashing out. Don't just teach them to respect others. Show them how to respect others.

To me, that's some of the most important steps that can be taken to improve mental health.

Be a better parent isn't exactly smart policy. There's no standardized approach to parenting nor any licensing process that one has to go through to become one. As far as we can tell, Nikolas had loving step parents and it still wasn't enough

http://abcnews.go.com/amp/US/surviv...t/story?id=53183609&__twitter_impression=true

When he and his classmates came face-to-face with a gunman shooting up their Florida school, Anthony Borges put the lives of others before his own, a friend who survived thanks to the teenager and his father told ABC News.

A soccer player at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, 15-year-old Anthony placed his body between alleged mass killer Nikolas Cruz and fellow students, Carlos Rodriguez, who said he survived because of Anthony's heroism, told ABC News.

"None of us knew what to do. So, he took the initiative to just save his other classmates," Carlos, Anthony's best friend, told ABC's "Good Morning America."

As gunfire erupted on Wednesday in the halls of Building 12 at the Parkland, Florida, school, Anthony and his classmates rushed to hide in a classroom as the gunman bore down on them, firing randomly and rapidly at students, Carlos said.

Anthony was shot four times, taking bullets to the back and both legs, but survived, his father said.

Royer Borges told ABC News that his son called him shortly after the attack, and described the massacre at his school that left 17 people dead.

That kid is a real hero. Who started cuthing onions in here???

You do realize that the Constitution establishes a process to amend itself right? Its not a fucking Biblie. Congress > Constitution.

That is why the second amendment exists. When the United States Constitution was written, it didn't list the individual rights of citizens which was the reason for the revolution and the break from a Monarchy. The first ten amendments are called the Bill of Rights for a reason. Many of the signers of the Constitution didn't want to ratify it without those rights but that would have required going back to each state and take possibly another year to form a government. They all agreed to take them back to the states add them.

That is why the second amendment exists. When the United States Constitution was written, it didn't list the individual rights of citizens which was the reason for the revolution and the break from a Monarchy. The first ten amendments are called the Bill of Rights for a reason. Many of the signers of the Constitution didn't want to ratify it without those rights but that would have required going back to each state and take possibly another year to form a government. They all agreed to take them back to the states add them.

They are the first because those are the things that were important at the time. The SCOTUS decided that the right to own people was a Constitutional right. And that was amended.

IOr are you telling me that the 2nd Amendment is more important than the 14th Amendment?

Be a better parent. Incorporate structure and discipline into the lives of your kids/family. Stop being their friend. Stop protecting them from failing and learning from mistakes. Enable and support them to discuss their problems rather than lashing out. Don't just teach them to respect others. Show them how to respect others.

To me, that's some of the most important steps that can be taken to improve mental health.

What we haven't seen yet is who are the shooter's biological parents. Genetics plays a big part in anyone's life. I know a couple who adopted two children. One turned out fine with no problems and the other had constant behavioral problems and ended up in prison for raping a 15 year old girl. The parents eventually were able to find out that the troubled son was born to a girl who had been brutally raped. Her parents didn't believe in abortion so they put the child up for adoption.

They are the first because those are the things that were important at the time. The SCOTUS decided that the right to own people was a Constitutional right. And that was amended.

IOr are you telling me that the 2nd Amendment is more important than the 14th Amendment?

Slavery was a controversial issue at the time but they couldn't eliminate it. The 10 amendments of the Bill of Rights were very important because the country wouldn't have survived without them. They were the things that the majority of people deemed absolutely necessary to be considered free. There would have never been a United States without the Bill of Rights so no 14th Amendment. The Southern states tried to leave the Union when they saw that slavery was likely to be abolished.

It is interesting that the 14th amendment doesn't outlaw slavery, it just makes those born in the US citizens who have the same rights as all citizens. Technically people who weren't born in the US could be bought and brought in as slaves but their progeny born in the US would be free.

If you believed that the GOP focus on mental health was anything more than lip service to pretend to be doing something about these massacres -

The budget request calls for a $25 million reduction in funds designated for national school safety activities, compared with 2017. President Donald Trump's budget would eliminate altogether a $400 million grant program that districts can use, for example, to prevent bullying or provide mental health assistance.
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/02/15/school-safety-cuts-trump-administration-348968

Not to mention be removing the mandate from ACA, the "young invincibles" who choose not to have coverage now won't be able to afford mental health help if they all of a sudden might need it, or folks think they might need it, but they refuse because they cannot afford it.

Is that true? One mass shooting every day and only one shooter went through an NRA program? Seems unlikely.

Lol you should be ashamed of yourself. It was a JROTC program. Fuck off with this level of dishonesty.

Or is the US government training cop killers??? Like the guy in Dallas, and baton rouge shortly afterwards???

Lol you should be ashamed of yourself. It was a JROTC program. Fuck off with this level of dishonesty.

Or is the US government training cop killers??? Like the guy in Dallas, and baton rouge shortly afterwards???

Would he have turned to guns if he was never introduced to them through the NRA program? Doesn't seem any more dishonest than people saying because the FBI didn't stop this guy we should be focusing on the FBI better enforcing laws instead of talking about gun control.

Would he have turned to guns if he was never introduced to them through the NRA program? Doesn't seem any more dishonest than people saying because the FBI didn't stop this guy we should be focusing on the FBI better enforcing laws instead of talking about gun control.

Well, he was an American male. So yes, at some point he was probably going to hold a gun and maybe even get proficient with one.

Blame anyone but the shooter.
What a propaganda article. I wonder what "Non-cash" contributions are? From the NRA it's probably gun safety training and proper storage literature. But who could know.
Go ahead and fight to give up the second amendment, you fucks won't be around in a generation or two when your legacy if effected by it.
I'll say it again, the second amendment is thew one that makes all others possible. The framers knew that. Look at history and think again.

Blame anyone but the shooter.
What a propaganda article. I wonder what "Non-cash" contributions are? From the NRA it's probably gun safety training and proper storage literature. But who could know.
Go ahead and fight to give up the second amendment, you fucks won't be around in a generation or two when your legacy if effected by it.
I'll say it again, the second amendment is thew one that makes all others possible. The framers knew that. Look at history and think again.

*Looks at all the countries better than America: sees no guns, no gun problems, and more freedom*

Fake news. It was for a ROTC program. Should ROTC be banned from high schools?

If be interested in learning more about how various military cadet programs in various countries incorporate guns. I'd be amazed if the American program fell on the cautious side of the spectrum.

Back