Shogun is losing because he's a WW

Shogun has always been small for LHW, but I don't think he has ever been fast or athletic enough to be successful at WW if he wanted to be shredded.

He'd even be small at MW. He's 203 lbs and fat. Guys at MW are that weight and shredded. Cut the fat and he weighs like 190 lbs.

He's right in a way though. Shogun's frame is basically that of a MW or even a WW with a big weight cut.

This is incorrect. Shogun is a stocky 6 footer, that right there puts him out of WW. The guy has no chest muscles, and his chest measurement is guaranteed to be over 50". Think about that. Dude's frame was twice as wide as Wanderlei's was.

Now that you mention it? I always wanted to see DC fight Aldo.

Couple months of Paleo and DC could prolly do a catchweight of 150.

<{jackyeah}>
lmfao. I remember an interview when dc said he wanted to fight DJ haha.

Then there were those times he was 230 fighting at hw..

That's the size of a WW. Plenty of WWs are 200 lbs shredded and Shogun's not even that.
giphy.gif

Middleweight
Anderson Silva: 202 lbs (or less)
Chris Weidman: 192-193 lbs
Luke Rockhold: 200-201 lbs
Uriah Hall: 200 lbs

Welterweight
Georges St-Pierre: 188 lbs
Tyron Woodley: 190 lbs
Stephen Thompson: 182 lbs
Colby Covington: 180 lbs

You ever seen him in person??

No, but the footage from his earlier fights and the photos of him back when he was modeling all show he has a much slighter frame than essentially all current LHWs on the roster.

Plus he weighed 201 pounds with no weight cut when he fought Rampage and he was still carrying chub. Barring some sort of kidney problem, there is 100% chance that he could have made 185 and could have done it easily.

This is incorrect. Shogun is a stocky 6 footer, that right there puts him out of WW. The guy has no chest muscles, and his chest measurement is guaranteed to be over 50". Think about that. Dude's frame was twice as wide as Wanderlei's was.

That is just not the case. He weighed in at 201 pounds vs Rampage, with no weight cut and while carrying some muffin top. He could have easily made 185.

No, but the footage from his earlier fights and the photos of him back when he was modeling all show he has a much slighter frame than essentially all current LHWs on the roster.

Plus he weighed 201 pounds with no weight cut when he fought Rampage and he was still carrying chub. Barring some sort of kidney problem, there is 100% chance that he could have made 185 and could have done it easily.

Thats when he was 22/23....there is a difference when he's older in his late 20s and early 30s, take a look at Gus from his first UFC fights to know...big difference, fighters grow into their frame towards their late 20s. Even at that age he was still around 210 lbs walking around. I met Rua in 2010 when he was in his prime and then in 2015, trust me on this one......he's not a MW fighter, at that point he was bigger and grew into his frame. Shoguns size is deceiving cause he's not a muscular guy, but he's very thick.

That is just not the case. He weighed in at 201 pounds vs Rampage, with no weight cut and while carrying some muffin top. He could have easily made 185.

You're talking about him at 22 years old and what you see on camera. At the point when he was UFC champ onward he got bigger in that 5/6 years. Shogun was around 230 in 2013 when all this MW talk began. Like the other poster indicated, he was bigger than Wanderlei, i've met and seen both and I can tell you Shoguns frame is much bigger and he's taller by a few inches. Wand made MW, Shogun would have problems.

He doesn't dehydrate to make 205, often weighs in ~ 201-203 lbs and he's fat.

That's the size of a WW. Plenty of WWs are 200 lbs shredded and Shogun's not even that. He wouldn't even be a big guy at that weight class 35 lbs smaller.

He's losing fights because he's a small guy using a completely physical based style of aggression against guys up to 30 lbs of lean mass larger than him.

He could have dehydrated himself to WW size on Friday without even having to lose any fat weight. And that front kick he ate from WW sized guys wouldn't have taken as much as out of him. Smaller guys wouldn't be able to control him and neutralize his pressure.

I know you’re trolling, because no one could be this stupid. You clearly have never seen him in person.

36 is no spring chicken in the fight game but answer me this , when would you pinpoint shoguns prime years? When he was at his absolute best ?
Probably between the gp and a little before the second Machida fight. Its not really about his age, its more of how many years he was fighting. Especially considering how taxing his style is. The little nog fight was his finest performance imo

He doesn't dehydrate to make 205, often weighs in ~ 201-203 lbs and he's fat.

That's the size of a WW. Plenty of WWs are 200 lbs shredded and Shogun's not even that. He wouldn't even be a big guy at that weight class 35 lbs smaller.

He's losing fights because he's a small guy using a completely physical based style of aggression against guys up to 30 lbs of lean mass larger than him.

He could have dehydrated himself to WW size on Friday without even having to lose any fat weight. And that front kick he ate from WW sized guys wouldn't have taken as much as out of him. Smaller guys wouldn't be able to control him and neutralize his pressure.

Last time he weighed in at 201-203 was in 2006,earlier in that same year weighed in at 227 vs Coleman.He looked about the same weight as Smith on fight night,way thicker.A welterweight lol.

Back