Shinya Aoki 'RIZIN is lackluster. I don't want to fight for them'

Karaev fan

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
RIZIN.1 had its event last weekend. It flew under a lot of people's radar I think, but something funny happened when RIZIN announced during the intermission that Aoki would be fighting for them at their next event and asked him up to the ring for a comment.

99292e1186b8c3cbd6d26df5d530f5a59f95743a_xlarge.jpg

"[Fighting for you guys at the] next event? (laughter). No I haven't heard or agreed to anything about that. Its really uncool that you guys sprung this on me.

Just to give a comment about the fights so far.. its really lackluster. Any promotion where some Olympic medalist (referring to the Yoshida Saori who was the guest commentator) gets the most publicity is really mediocre. I have no intentions of fighting for such a mediocre promotion, so I'll be back when you guys get your stuff together. Good bye.

Cruickshank also called Aoki out after his KO win, but Aoki threw a water bottle at him and responded

160417rizin-08-cruickshank-aoki.jpg

(Sakakibara), can you really afford to pay me a hundred, two hundred million? You know I don't fight for cheap.

Good to see that Aoki is back to his trolling ways. I'm not sure if this was RIZIN being unprofessional or Aoki just being a lying jerkwad (I think its somehow both), but hopefully they bring in Nagashima to decapitate him again.

Awesome.

Aoki has a legitimate case for being the biggest heel in MMA history.

k-1_dynamite_shinya_aoki_vs_mizuto_hirota_2009-12-31.jpg

Oh, also apparently the water bottle Aoki threw at Cruickshank hit Kawajiri in the eye somehow.

Well, who is there for him in ONE FC? He hasn't fought in a year for them. There's that Hawaiian guy and that's it.

I love that Cruickshank is a realistic opponent for him. Sad.

I honestly had no idea the Rizin card was on till I saw the results online. I was aware the card was coming up, but completely missed it. No buzz at all.

Get his ass in the UFC already. He did enough for MMA in Asia, he can fight at UFC's lightweight division, most people would fear him and he'd get top 10 or 5 very fast.

then he is stuck in No Man's Land because he will get destroyed again if he comes back to 'murica

Rising going full retard wwe mode. I bet it was staged. Lol

Get his ass in the UFC already. He did enough for MMA in Asia, he can fight at UFC's lightweight division, most people would fear him and he'd get top 10 or 5 very fast.
I doubt he'll ever fight in the UFC. He's not as big of a name in the states. He also probably makes more money fighting in Asia than he ever would in America, especially on a Reebok payroll!

I remember him saying after his SF loss that he was determined to prove JMMAs credibility by fighting and winning in America, but has he been back since.

I don't think he'd win a belt, but he'd get some good wins I'm sure.

I doubt he'll ever fight in the UFC. He's not as big of a name in the states. He also probably makes more money fighting in Asia than he ever would in America, especially on a Reebok payroll!
Do it for the challenge then...if i was him i'd be pumping to fight anyone in the actual LW generation. So many good and bad matchups for him...if money isn't the problem anymore, then why not ? i'm sure aoki has good money by now.

Shinya said multiple times that he won't fight in the UFC to protect his record, because he feels that he can't hang with the best anymore. I'm curious if he thinks there is any promotion good enough for him.

I honestly had no idea the Rizin card was on till I saw the results online. I was aware the card was coming up, but completely missed it. No buzz at all.

Yeah, I thnk sherdog has conveniently forgot to cover it. It's funny - but sherdog has always been a troll strictly for American promotions.

But anyways, was the rizin event any good? The rip I saw featured only fights, no entrances, no post-fight stuff - so the thing with Aoki was missing as well. As for the fights themselves.... I'd say they weren't that great. There were a few pretty competitive fights - and it was interesting to see the Indian-Japanese dude Fedor fought fight again against another Russian dude Fedor brought in (Fedor was cornering all of the Russian fighters at this event - and in this fight, the win was given to the Russian dude, but I'd say it was an even fight - in fact, the Russian dude was bloody due to skin cuts, while the Indian had skin which was clearly not prone to cuts).

The 2 on 2 grappling match was a joke.

The Brazilian monster chick destroyed the Russian chick, who clearly didn't belong in the ring.

In the end, it was sort of meh.

nothing see here folks rizin prolly offred him someone that would ko him and make him shit his on self agains and this is his way of saving face

Last edited:
also is kawajiri a good commentator seemed liked the kinda guy that kicked rocks know what i mean

Yeah, I thnk sherdog has conveniently forgot to cover it. It's funny - but sherdog has always been a troll strictly for American promotions.

But anyways, was the rizin event any good? The rip I saw featured only fights, no entrances, no post-fight stuff - so the thing with Aoki was missing as well. As for the fights themselves.... I'd say they weren't that great. There were a few pretty competitive fights - and it was interesting to see the Indian-Japanese dude Fedor fought fight again against another Russian dude Fedor brought in (Fedor was cornering all of the Russian fighters at this event - and in this fight, the win was given to the Russian dude, but I'd say it was an even fight - in fact, the Russian dude was bloody due to skin cuts, while the Indian had skin which was clearly not prone to cuts).

The 2 on 2 grappling match was a joke.

The Brazilian monster chick destroyed the Russian chick, who clearly didn't belong in the ring.

In the end, it was sort of meh.

Don't bash Sherdog.

Why would he leave Evolve Events where he can get whatever match-up he wants with better money? He is guaranteed to stay champ at OneFC until they find a new posterboy at his weightclass.

Back